Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 06:52 PM

6 posts, read 42,422 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. This is my first post. I ran across this site seeking info on getting over a bad break up. Any answers and support would be greatly appreciated. This is my story.

Rebecca and I were together for seven years. We had an on and off kinda thing but always worked things out. New Years Eve would be our seventh anniversary and I was going to propose. Aug 31, she took her two kids to her ex-husband's to go dove hunting. I have always trusted her and she never let me down. She got drunk and they slept together. She came back and told me that it was over between us. I have always been friends with him for the kids' sake. I raised her kids since they were 5 and 7. He wouldn't pay child support and she had him arrested years ago. All I have ever heard from her was what a sorry person he was. It's been five weeks and i am beside myself. The initial shock is over but, the pain is unimaginable. I guess my question is, how do I get over this and should I try to get her back? She is bi-polar, but I know how to deal with her and I love her more than anything in this world. Any answers? I'm hurting and I die a little everyday.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:31 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
you should just move on, how could you ever trust her agian? Bi-polar is no excuse for what she has done to you and don't let her use it and a on and off relationship is not a good one.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:35 PM

36,420 posts, read 16,026,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshadlizard View Post
Hello everyone. This is my first post. I ran across this site seeking info on getting over a bad break up. Any answers and support would be greatly appreciated. This is my story.

Rebecca and I were together for seven years. We had an on and off kinda thing but always worked things out. New Years Eve would be our seventh anniversary and I was going to propose. Aug 31, she took her two kids to her ex-husband's to go dove hunting. I have always trusted her and she never let me down. She got drunk and they slept together. She came back and told me that it was over between us. I have always been friends with him for the kids' sake. I raised her kids since they were 5 and 7. He wouldn't pay child support and she had him arrested years ago. All I have ever heard from her was what a sorry person he was. It's been five weeks and i am beside myself. The initial shock is over but, the pain is unimaginable. I guess my question is, how do I get over this and should I try to get her back? She is bi-polar, but I know how to deal with her and I love her more than anything in this world. Any answers? I'm hurting and I die a little everyday.
I am so sorry, but you must move on. It sounds like there is more to this. Give it time, it's only been 5 weeks. She doesn't sound extremely stable and maybe there is more to the story on her part.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:40 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,644,605 times
Hi, welcome to the boards. Sorry to hear about the awful time you're having. The pain will lessen as time passes. I know it's hard, but try to look toward to the future not reflect too much on the past. Sometimes you can help yourself by helping others. Volunteer your time at a local organization. Read to kids at an after school program, or work at a soup kitchen. Become active in your community. Do what ever you can to take your mind off the recent event.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:53 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,581,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Hi, welcome to the boards. Sorry to hear about the awful time you're having. The pain will lessen as time passes. I know it's hard, but try to look toward to the future not reflect too much on the past. Sometimes you can help yourself by helping others. Volunteer your time at a local organization. Read to kids at an after school program, or work at a soup kitchen. Become active in your community. Do what ever you can to take your mind off the recent event.
The poster is right, you need to get out of the house, AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE and keep yourself occupied. As long as you stay home, you're going to become more and more miserable. I hate to say this, but you should definitely move on. Again, her being bi-polar is not an excuse. Get out, have some fun - give to the community - get busy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-04-2007, 07:54 PM

6 posts, read 42,422 times
Thanks for the reply. I have invested so much time and money on her and her kids love me. Her son is 15 now and hates that SOB. Ex lives in mobile home in south MS and has not had a job since I've known him. His mother died in '06 and left him about 100 grand. I know for a fact that he is almost broke and did this to secure his spot in her house. He is a con-man but is uneducated and not a good one. I really love Rebecca, but I have left drunk voicemails and emails and she has it all on tape. She is a a pot head and has a good state job. I could get her fired today. I am so tempted but I will be arrested for harrasment. It's a 1000 dollar fine and I can't be fired. She can't pass a drug test and I caught her accessing my email account from a State Office which is against the law, even if it was on her personal pc, it's illeagal. Should I put the screws to her?

Old 10-04-2007, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshadlizard View Post
Thanks for the reply. I have invested so much time and money on her and her kids love me. Her son is 15 now and hates that SOB. Ex lives in mobile home in south MS and has not had a job since I've known him. His mother died in '06 and left him about 100 grand. I know for a fact that he is almost broke and did this to secure his spot in her house. He is a con-man but is uneducated and not a good one. I really love Rebecca, but I have left drunk voicemails and emails and she has it all on tape. She is a a pot head and has a good state job. I could get her fired today. I am so tempted but I will be arrested for harrasment. It's a 1000 dollar fine and I can't be fired. She can't pass a drug test and I caught her accessing my email account from a State Office which is against the law, even if it was on her personal pc, it's illeagal. Should I put the screws to her?
Absolutely NOT, you sound so bitter and believe me, I know how that feels, to want to stick it to someone - Revenge is sooooo sweet BUT it's not going to change your feelings. Why focus on what HE IS NOT, and focus on WHAT YOU ARE! If she's a pot head and has two children and left you for a bum, ummmmm why in the would you want that - don't you think you deserve BETTER? I do!!!!

Old 10-04-2007, 08:04 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,644,605 times
Yes it's a blow to your ego and you're hurting but you won't feel any better by taking drastic measures or being spiteful. Stop leaving drunk voice mails that can be considered harassment. Don't put the screws to her. Take the high road.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:06 PM

If you move on and KEEP IT MOVING, that'll be revenge enough

Old 10-04-2007, 08:14 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,089,952 times
I don't think you should seek revenge (usually will backfire anyway), but I wouldn't pursue her either. She did a bad number on you. Take a few steps back, and take care of you right now because it will be a long, slow process to heal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships