Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 08:16 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry, there are literally no men anywhere in the world who do not want children.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:34 AM

2,657 posts, read 8,032,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
Yeah that's what I thought but even my male childhood or guy friend who didn't wanted kids suddenly changed their minds. I guess it's about just finding the right person, which is easier for some people but a bit harder for others.
Well, don't put your own life on hold, waiting for the childfree guy. Continue on with your education, career, and personal life goals. Build yourself as a person so no gotta-hava-baybee guy can say "what have you got against kids? it's not like you were doing much with your life as it is."

And there are CF men out there. My mate was 35 when we married. He -- well, both of us -- had almost given up on finding one another. Spouse was adamant that he didn't want kids and wouldn't settle. Me, too. Funny thing is, unlike other dating partners, where the subject was brought up just to clear the air (and we subsequently endured being dropped by those people) neither of us discussed having kids. We just sorta 'knew' that about one another.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:35 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I'm sorry, there are literally no men anywhere in the world who do not want children.
If that isn't sarcasm this is likely the single most stupid post I have ever read.

I don't like the mentality of parents who think they are superior because biology worked in their favor. Or that their annoying children disrupting everyone around them is somehow cute. Furthermore, looking at the goings on, and what the future holds, no I would think twice or even three times about bringing a child into this screwed up world full of mouth breathing idiots.

So at 34 I am still a man and perfectly happy with no children. No freaking way I am going to have children when I am 40. I like my time, my money and freedom. My worth as a human is based on far more than siring children.

I, as an intelligent male, am happy to be child free and will continue to be happy being child free.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:36 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Yes, it was sarcasm, SD. I thought it was an odd question given the dozens of threads about the subject, not to mention the million times various men here have said so.

On CD, the short answer to "Am I the only one who ..." is no.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:05 AM

382 posts, read 824,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
But I'm not happy with just a bf and gf relationship.

Apart from working towards getting my degree, I want marriage too.

I know marriage doesn't mean you're be with them forever, but at least it's proceeding towards the next level. That is something important to me.
I completely agree with you on this. I too never did and never will live with a man if we aren't at least engaged first. My husband and I moved in together about 2 mos. before our wedding. There are some men who don't want children, especially the older ones who still are not married. Seems like the men who want marriage and kids are usually married by the time they are 33 or so though. Try the older guys and you may have more luck. If you are not attracted to older guys (which most women in their mid 20's probably aren't) you probably will just have to start dating and then bring it up after a few months.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:03 PM

878 posts, read 942,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfette13 View Post
We are basically child free since we both have children from previous marriges who are grown and have their own families. We see them and our grand children but it is not a daily, weekly or even monthly event because we live in different states.

There are many men around who want marriage, no children and no cohabitation before marriage you just have to be patient and find the right man for you and don't "settle" for less than you deserve. Be patient my dear, he will come along and you will do well for many, many years with marriage, without children, with cohabitation only after marriage and without being a "forever" girlfriend. I wish you the best in all you choose to do.
You are empty-nesters. Childfree is "Never had 'em, never will." Parents and childfree have different mindsets, priorities and sensibilities.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:11 PM

878 posts, read 942,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by divakat View Post
...If you are not attracted to older guys (which most women in their mid 20's probably aren't) you probably will just have to start dating and then bring it up after a few months.
I disagree. There is little point in leaving this issue until "later." If it's non-negotiable (as it was for me at that age), why waste time on someone who even might want kids? Get it out there with every "suitor," and the ones who don't match with your position can be eliminated quickly and politely, until you meet someone for whom childfreedom is a priority. It may be they're not a match for you in other ways, but at least you're not wasting time on dead ends.

If you REALLY want to be childfree, and you're absolutely sure in your mind this is what you want, I recommend getting a tubal ligation, if you can afford the procedure and the few days of downtime. Then you can say "I CAN'T have kids and be absolutely truthful. No lying involved. My vasectomy is also in its mid-20s. Sadly, *I* am not.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:14 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
In the past 5 years or so, I think I've met maybe 2 men that openly said they wanted children. The rest either had kids and ignored them, disliked their kids and wished they never had them, were actively avoiding caring for their kids or just flat out wanted nothing to do with ever having kids.

I'd say it would be EXTREMELY easy to find a guy who never wanted children.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:04 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,166,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by divakat View Post
Try the older guys and you may have more luck. If you are not attracted to older guys (which most women in their mid 20's probably aren't) you probably will just have to start dating and then bring it up after a few months.
Yeah, I guess it's about finding someone on your same page and that takes a while. It's not so easy.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:07 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,166,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tele-Cat View Post
You are empty-nesters. Childfree is "Never had 'em, never will." Parents and childfree have different mindsets, priorities and sensibilities.
True...

Now I'm 26 and know for sure I don't want kids. In the past, I've few people that kept saying ''You're change your mind'' for the past 8 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships