Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 08:42 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,181,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
And you as a women are trying to tell me that you know more about men than I do as a men
Educated or a business women do not make perfect wifes. As a matter of fact sometimes more education makes a women a much worse wife which is why so many professional women are single. Often they are so competitive they stop being feminine. It may sound when great when you are 20 but later on in life you just weant someone who makes you smile.
Are you some kind of an idiot? I'm curious as to what accounts for the level of stupidity on this forum. Huffing glue, mom's poor prenatal care, did your dad drink too much beer? Are your fingers broken or is it just laziness? Are you guys really too stupid to actually google census or any site that would provide you with data so some stranger wouldn't have to come online to tell you that your opinions are baseless? And maybe we would get to see that video again from 3 years ago about the 5 black professional women that can't find men...if we're lucky.

For shytes and giggles...

Beautiful People Really ARE More Intelligent

Beyond that it is well known that educated men and women enjoy greater marital stability, financial stability, and ease in western life. The uneducated and the poor are remaining single and will continue to suffer at the hands of disparity. Dumb ass.

Last edited by Braunwyn; 08-28-2012 at 09:07 PM..

Old 08-28-2012, 08:48 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,795,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Her friends and family may have great IQ's, graduated from the finest colleges and surround themselves with cultured things but they haven't a clue when it comes down to it so anybody that marries someone like that is marrying down despite the fact that they may be school educated, good looking and "cultured" (lol) but they lack values even though they think they have them. Real love means you will go from living fine to living in a hotel day by day if times get rough and still feel you have the most in the world. This thread is just a rehash of this other thread when we talk about "marrying down" //www.city-data.com/forum/relat...-anything.html
Like there are no educated killers, rapist or child molesters.
Education or IQ is not a guarantee of anything: succesful in life or in a personal life.
More important are actually positive personality traits. Unless you are crazy you don't marry anybody for her/his IQ or knowledge but for good personality and that is something that is a gift and not the effect of education or upbringing.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Well it does mean about, intelligence, education, and most of values. Values enough to know that true happiness doesn't come from your special others salary or a income bracket.
Sure, but income tends to correlate with social class, which correlates with values, intelligence, education, etc.
Of course each person should be taken one at a time imo, but when considering populations there are trends.

Quote:
Sure, money is nice but it is just a thing. The OP's family and friends give her grief for loving a man that is of a "lower class" which they are defining by his career or salary.
Anyone that would actually say something like that to a friend or family member is crude and crass. You just don't do it. But if they are and then claiming whatever bla bla class is just ridiculous. I'd say those people don't have class (class in a refined sense).

Quote:
Her friends and family may have great IQ's, graduated from the finest colleges and surround themselves with cultured things but they haven't a clue when it comes down to it so anybody that marries someone like that is marrying down despite the fact that they may be school educated, good looking and "cultured" (lol) but they lack values even though they think they have them. Real love means you will go from living fine to living in a hotel day by day if times get rough and still feel you have the most in the world. This thread is just a rehash of this other thread when we talk about "marrying down" //www.city-data.com/forum/relat...-anything.html
I don't really buy it to be honest. When it comes to real class issues, from my pov, these are cultural, religious, upbringing type issues. The things who make us who we are and dictate our approach in life. This stuff matters in relationships and marriage. Likes go with likes for many good reasons. So, to me, that's a different matter compared to snooty people turning their noses at people.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:03 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,733,492 times
Quote:
And you as a women are trying to tell me that you know more about men than I do as a men
Educated or a business women do not make perfect wifes. As a matter of fact sometimes more education makes a women a much worse wife which is why so many professional women are single. Often they are so competitive they stop being feminine. It may sound when great when you are 20 but later on in life you just weant someone who makes you smile.
There is no such thing as a perfect wife. I'm sorry you don't like educated women, your life must suck having to deal with all your dumb bimbos. But you get what you pay for

Old 08-28-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Like there are no educated killers, rapist or child molesters.
Education or IQ is not a guarantee of anything: succesful in life or in a personal life.
More important are actually positive personality traits. Unless you are crazy you don't marry anybody for her/his IQ or knowledge but for good personality and that is something that is a gift and not the effect of education or upbringing.
IQ positively correlates with EQ, FYI. Anyhow, of course there are no guarantees, but there are trends; risks and benefits. Make no mistake, education and intelligence are extremely important for health, family, wealth, the whole gamut. Income just tends to follow suit.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:05 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,025,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
There is no such thing as a perfect wife. I'm sorry you don't like educated women, your life must suck having to deal with all your dumb bimbos. But you get what you pay for
He thinks women shouldn't use their brains, cos you know, them broads are only good for cooking and cleaning lol.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:09 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,733,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
He thinks women shouldn't use their brains, cos you know, them broads are only good for cooking and cleaning lol.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:09 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,384,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I don't really buy it to be honest. When it comes to real class issues, from my pov, these are cultural, religious, upbringing type issues. The things who make us who we are and dictate our approach in life. This stuff matters in relationships and marriage. Likes go with likes for many good reasons. So, to me, that's a different matter compared to snooty people turning their noses at people.
Well I'll agree that likes go with likes and when two people like each other or love each other for whatever reason self-determination should rule. I was just looking through my disks for a movie to watch and I saw Titantic in the pile. That's what I am talking about that kind of love story. That may be a story but it happens in real life also. I remember reading about a Serbian and Croatian being in love and marrying despite that horrible war and the divide between those people. Are there such wide differences that can divide? Sure but some that people create and place on others is superficial, wrong and misguided in my opinion specially measuring monetary wealth because that can come and go.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Well I'll agree that likes go with likes and when two people like each other or love each other for whatever reason self-determination should rule. I was just looking through my disks for a movie to watch and I saw Titantic in the pile. That's what I am talking about that kind of love story. That may be a story but it happens in real life also. I remember reading about a Serbian and Croatian being in love and marrying despite that horrible war and the divide between those people. Are there such wide differences that can divide? Sure but some that people create and place on others is superficial, wrong and misguided in my opinion specially measuring monetary wealth because that can come and go.
I loved that story. From what I could tell, even tho it was entirely a fantasy, was that those two were the same. They shared the same values, similar tastes, dreams, etc. She was an anomaly and he was an anomaly. If she were typical she would have been like her mom and he never would have been interested. And vice versa if he were typical.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:18 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,031,197 times
Quote:
I remember reading something different from an excerpt by Chris hedges it was sad. During the Bosnian war a married couple one man who is a Serb was married to an ethnic Albanian who was Muslim, they were stuck in sniper ally. His wife went to go fetch water and pow gone. Even though their cultures and religion were both different the Serb loved his Albanian wife. I have seen people marry across racial and cultural lines but the key component was class. I also know for a fact many women value religion and spirituality which I'm not to keen for various reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.