Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 12:09 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,797,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Spell check is your friend, simply right click on the word and it will auto correct it for you. There's something smart for ya
Sure, try typing on a phone yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I'm sorry, Bill Gates is not an uneducated man. This is a common misnomer that these self made millionaires who didn't finish college are "uneducated". They are not, they simply didn't finish what they started and have gone on to prove how intelligent they are by their success.
Bill Gates does not hold a college diploma, his highest level of education is high school. He didn't start a business to prove anything to anybody neither.
Is Bill Gates educated? No. Dumber than a guy with a Devry diploma? Far from that. Dumber than your average PhD? Not really. Point proven.

Since you brought it up, bear in mind that intelligence doesn't have anything to do with education; education does not increase one's intelligence. There are intelligent people with and without education.

I for that matter would rather be with someone who is intelligent than educated. You can get better educated but you can't get more intelligent.
Intelligence is a gift. So is common sense. Both essential in life.

Nevertheless, I believe personally traits are much more important to success in a relationship than education or even intelligence.
If you are self-centered and narcissistic Mensa member you'll fail no matter how many PhD's you hold.

Last edited by rebel12; 08-29-2012 at 12:19 PM..

Old 08-29-2012, 12:40 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
Bill Gates does not hold a college diploma, his highest level of education is high school.
Wrong. Bill Gates finally getting a Harvard degree

Quote:
He didn't start a business to prove anything to anybody neither.
Ridiculous straw man.

Quote:
Is Bill Gates educated? No. Dumber than a guy with a Devry diploma? Far from that. Dumber than your average PhD? Not really. Point proven.
Wrong. Bill's prep schools were no doubt more rigorous than the vast majority of fluff degrees obtained by a majority of people in this country. He was raised by educated, professionals. The fact that he gained entrance to Harvard speaks well enough to this. But given that he shapes education provides the fact that he is an educated man.

Quote:
Since you brought it up, bear in mind that intelligence doesn't have anything to do with education; education does not increase one's intelligence.
Wrong, really wrong. It's kind of shocking that anyone would think this.

"Staying in school really can make you smarter. A new study from Norway finds that students who remain in school longer than their counterparts have higher IQ scores."
Study: More Education Increases IQ Score

IQ isn't fixed at birth, can increase with education

How are you unaware of this?

Quote:
There are intelligent people with and without education.
Sure there, but that doesn't make 99% of what you're saying accurate. You are one uninformed man; to a striking extent.

Quote:
I for that matter would rather be with someone who is intelligent than educated. You can get better educated but you can't get more intelligent.
Intelligence is a gift. So is common sense. Both essential in life.
This article was meant for you.

Incompetence begets confidence.Unskilled and Unaware of It

Quote:
Nevertheless, I believe personally traits are much more important to success in a relationship than education or even intelligence.
If you are self-centered and narcissistic Mensa member you'll fail no matter how many PhD's you hold.
I notice, at least on this forum, that bigoted, misogynistic jack asses tend to be dim.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:48 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,797,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
So fast to type wrong... LOL. Read again, Bill Gates received an h o n o r a r y. degree. You could get one, too. LOL

Quote:
Ridiculous straw man.
Nope. You are a prime example. LOL

Quote:
Wrong. Bill's prep schools were no doubt more rigorous than the vast majority of fluff degrees obtained by a majority of people in this country. He was raised by educated, professionals. The fact that he gained entrance to Harvard speaks well enough to this. But given that he shapes education provides the fact that he is an educated man.
Oh. So education is something that you can prove not earn... Right. LOL
Try entering a PhD program on such a "proved" education. LOL
Again, highest level of edcuation for Bill Gates is high school. Are you still so proud of your Devry diploma? Still believe he is a class below you? LOL

Quote:
"Wrong, really wrong" as an argument. You again simply proved my point. LOL

Quote:
"Staying in school really can make you smarter. A new study from Norway finds that students who remain in school longer than their counterparts have higher IQ scores."
I don't really know a definition of "smart", I don't think it is a scientific term or quantifiable value, however when it comes to IQ's there is no causation between education and IQ level. You can't raise your IQ by getting more education.

Quote:
I am unware of press articles being able to changing scientific definitions. LOL
Your IQ is a gift, you can't raise it anymore than taking millions of hours of piano lessons will not make a virtuoso piano player.

Quote:
Sure there, but that doesn't make 99% of what you're saying accurate. You are one uninformed man; to a striking extent.
I notice, at least on this forum, that bigoted, misogynistic jack asses tend to be dim.
And intelligence, culture and class is simply oozing from your posts LOL

Last edited by rebel12; 08-29-2012 at 12:59 PM..

Old 08-29-2012, 01:12 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
So fast to type wrong... LOL. Read again, Bill Gates received an h o n o r a r y. degree. You could get one, too. LOL
That does not negate the fact that you are wrong. You are uninformed even after your google check. He deserves that degree. If you want to dispute that, go ahead. Knock yourself out, although you have clearly demonstrated that you are not capable of putting together a rational, coherent argument. The very idea that you are attempting to label Gates as an uneducated man is absurd. Being an educated person is not about formalities. It's about critical thinking, intelligence, and knowledge. The formalities of it only prove as much to a potential employer. You are a perfect example. You may have a degree in some fluffy thing, but it would not make you an educated person. And it's this very reason why a person can indeed be educated without a formal education, although most do not appear to have the drive and interest without the structure offered by a formal education.

Quote:
Nope. You are a prime example. LOL
A prime example of starting a business to prove something? Do you actually have a point or is spouting nonsense your norm?

Quote:
Oh. So education is something that you can prove not earn... Right. LOL
Try entering a PhD program on such a "proved" education. LOL
Again, highest level of edcuation for Bill Gates is high school. Are you still so proud of your Devry diploma? LOL
Again, more nonsense. And please with the PhD bologna. I think it's quite pathetic that small men like you attempt to align yourselves with the likes of gates because he decided for opportunity beyond finishing his degree. As if that gives you, personally, some level of value. Be clear, it does not. And what's with this Devry?

Quote:
I don't really know a definition of smarter however when it comes to IQ's there is no causation between education and IQ level. You can't raise it by getting educated.
Besides the fact that it's difficult to decipher this word salad of yours, did you bother to read the articles I linked? Yes, you can raise your IQ (within your potential range) via education. Life long learning also decreases risk for dementia, memory loss, and brain atrophy. Clearly, the latter has taken you by storm at a young age.

Quote:
I am unware of press articles being able to changing scientific definitions. LOL
Scientific definitions? Oh please, please enlighten me as to these scientific definitions.

Quote:
And intelligence, culture and class is simply oozing from your posts LOL
Unlike many of the kind posters on this forum, I am not PC enough to give stupidity a free pass to the moronic misogynists that hang out here.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:22 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Wrong. Bill Gates finally getting a Harvard degree

Ridiculous straw man.

Study: More Education Increases IQ Score

IQ isn't fixed at birth, can increase with education

This article was meant for you.

Incompetence begets confidence.Unskilled and Unaware of It

The link about Bill Gates and the degree he recieved from Harvard is an Honorary Degree, not really a degree in a certain field he earned by studying and passing exams as well as going to class. Dont get me wrong Bill Gates boosted Harvard radar through his business and technology globally. I gotta say at least that degree he has, has Harvard stampled on it. He deserves it. But back to the topic, have you ever heard of the guy who wrote and recodified Roman Law, not Napoleon but the guy 1300 prior to Napoleon, Byzantine Emperor Justinian, he married down not up, his wife Theodora was a street rat Bear Dancer, however she proved to be an equal alongside the emperor in imperial matters.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:45 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
Thread is closed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships