Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 07:47 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariagostrey View Post
yeah i know he really loved me and cared for me. but...i just wasn't that into him...i wasnt in love with him and couldnt make myself take that step forward to make the relationship more..."real" :\

It has kinda been discussed, but this right here is the answer. Eventually the guy realized this, conciously or subconciously, and he got frustrated, angry, and finally 'done'. Others have said that it was wrong (it was!), but as for why he didn't "stick", it's because it was already over in your mind.

I find it a bit disconcerting that you post a subject asking why the guys are not into you, yet you readily admit you weren't into him. A bit egocentric, don't you think?

As for the sex, I'll disagree with the others. And my background is that right now in my life, I'm all about the sex. I'm totally down with "just having fun", and all about "getting laid". That being said, I value good people in my life, and I'm pretty sure that if I met someone who wanted to take things REALLY slow, I'd be OK with it as long as they were TOTALLY open and honest. (They'd better not get pissed off at me when they catch me "releasing my tension" alone though!!!). I don't know about seven months at this stage in my life (mid forties), but all these guys that are saying "within the first few dates", I disagree.

I'm totally willing to take the time to get to know the right person, but they'd better be 100% honest with me, and better be making a lot of effort too. (Otherwise it would be no better than me persuing them, a virgin, whilst secretly off fvcking a bunch of loose ladies to get my rocks off..) Honesty goes both ways.

Sorry OP, I think you need to learn to be more honest, and I think you need to be open. Good news or bad, you have to communicate. Bottom line!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 09:05 AM

22,339 posts, read 29,439,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
If you aren't going to have sex until marriage, make sure the men you date understand you, & feel the same way...

Bingo!!!!

Old 08-27-2012, 10:22 AM

864 posts, read 1,454,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
If you aren't going to have sex until marriage, make sure the men you date understand you, & feel the same way...
As someone who feels this way (waiting until marriage), I could not agree more. It's always a little awkward, but I definitely bring this up early on with anyone I'm dating. I've never had a negative response. If a guy doesn't want to date you because of your desire to save sex for marriage, he's not worth your time, since that is something you strongly believe in.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:34 AM

308 posts, read 897,089 times
waiting for sex until marriage? NEXT!!!

what the hell year is it, 1954? men are not interested in vanilla dating, while millions of girls are out there ready and waiting. good luck catching all the omegas and settling for "respectful" mediocrity of the gene pool. high moral standards my ass...

Old 08-27-2012, 10:40 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times
Lets call a spade a spade! The OP is 25 and still thinks it is ok to lay down with a guy yet expect him to behave himself? Can you say *ocktease??

Old 08-27-2012, 11:37 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,197,456 times
Firstly, I think it's honorable that you want to wait until marriage to have sex.

However I do agree with the posters that said that if you sleep in their bed a Man will expect for you to "start sizzling sister". lol!

It's going to be difficult in this sexed-up day and age to find what you seek but not impossible. You'll have to learn to be extremely patient in finding a date that will share your wishes.

Maybe put yourself out there on dating sites being very clear and explicit.

I don't know if you follow a faith (and I don't want to know here) but I know that there's Catholic and Christian personal ad sites that you might find a man there who shares the same you seek.

Last edited by atgss; 08-27-2012 at 12:08 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 08-27-2012, 02:37 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,099,782 times
You sound like a rather silly girl.

Of course the guy's going to leave after 7 months of no sex. Why were you even dating him? If you enjhoyed his company that much, you probably would have enjoyed sex with him. Part of being an adult is realizing that you're not going to be turned on all the time, but that doesn't stop sex from being fun.
Why are you waiting for marriage anyway? Any REAL reason? It's such a silly thing unless you're very religious, in which case you should date an equally religious person.

And guy number 3 you quickly overstepped your bounds (freaking out just because he had a bad day and didn't want to go on a date), and then wonder why he didn't want to see you again?

Come on

Old 08-27-2012, 02:42 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,302,712 times
Date virgins. That's your answer. Short and sweet. Stop stinging men along and find yourself a man who expects nothing from you sexually...and for everyone's sale, if you are truly a virgin...STOP SPENDING THE NIGHT WITH MEN.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:17 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzrOrange View Post
waiting for sex until marriage? NEXT!!!

what the hell year is it, 1954? men are not interested in vanilla dating, while millions of girls are out there ready and waiting. good luck catching all the omegas and settling for "respectful" mediocrity of the gene pool. high moral standards my ass...
Well I guess she could get knock up by some dead beat and become a single mom. would that be better?

Old 08-27-2012, 03:29 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Really??

...Really?!

Hooly cow. If a woman stays in my bed with me, I'm gettin' something. Doesn't have to necessarily be sex, but something's gonna happen.
I'm a woman, and if I were staying in a guy's bed, *I* was expecting something too!

OP, do you "fool around" at all? Make out, foreplay, etc?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships