Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 03:35 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,574,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Well I guess she could get knock up by some dead beat and become a single mom. would that be better?
Yeah because the only options are have no sex or have sex that will get you knocked up by a deadbeat There is no middle ground at all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 03:51 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,907,004 times
One suggestion. You're looking for religious/Christain behavior, (no sex) from people who I can only assume are not Christian or are phony Christians. You might have better luck finding men in church or at least only dating religious people. That's not an easy thing to do. God fearing religious people are far from the majority. But don't get discouraged. Just readjust your search criteria. Keep in mind, assuming your looking for a spouse, you only need or want one. And you can't order them from Amazon, so its up to you to find them, and that might take time.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:58 PM

308 posts, read 896,561 times
Quote:
Well I guess she could get knock up by some dead beat and become a single mom. would that be better?
I am sorry, but this would be an equivalent of saying that sex is a filthy, improper and immoral activity, which without doubt leads to STDs and unwanted pregnancies. god forbid you have sex before marrige, or you are totally screwed being a single mom and all that...

this is exactly the caveman mentality that keeps all the young people under a rock instead of being fully educated on the subject.

out of my entire life, ~15 last years were spent on banging a few dozens of hot chicks, while not getting them pregnant or catching an STD. must be a flippin' miracle.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:12 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Yeah because the only options are have no sex or have sex that will get you knocked up by a deadbeat There is no middle ground at all
What's the difference between saying this and saying that any guy who doesn't smash on the first night is a loser?

Old 08-27-2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzrOrange View Post
I am sorry, but this would be an equivalent of saying that sex is a filthy, improper and immoral activity, which without doubt leads to STDs and unwanted pregnancies. god forbid you have sex before marrige, or you are totally screwed being a single mom and all that...

this is exactly the caveman mentality that keeps all the young people under a rock instead of being fully educated on the subject.

out of my entire life, ~15 last years were spent on banging a few dozens of hot chicks, while not getting them pregnant or catching an STD. must be a flippin' miracle.
Yes my friend It's wrong for me to criticize those who have sex before marriage just like it's wrong for you to criticize people who wait for marriage to have sex. You see how it works? How come your critique is acceptable but mine isn't?

Old 08-27-2012, 04:29 PM

308 posts, read 896,561 times
Quote:
Yes my friend It's wrong for me to criticize those who have sex before marriage just like it's wrong for you to criticize people who wait for marriage to have sex. You see how it works? How come your critique is acceptable but mine isn't?
because one is healthy and natural, while the other is opressive and harmful idea based on religious mythology and nothing else.

the reason why the Church is trying all it can to contain sexual urges of its followers is because the experience of sex is a lot more powerful than the religious bliss. they are scared ****less. by controling the primal urges of the followers, they control these followers completely.

literally donzes of books were written on the subject.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzrOrange View Post
one is natural, the other is opressive and harmful idea based on religious mythology.
Some people are religious. They have the right to follow a religion in the same way that they can just as well not believe in one. Do you believe insulting them over the internet is going to change their beliefs? Seems pointless and dickish.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:36 PM

864 posts, read 1,453,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
One suggestion. You're looking for religious/Christain behavior, (no sex) from people who I can only assume are not Christian or are phony Christians. You might have better luck finding men in church or at least only dating religious people. That's not an easy thing to do. God fearing religious people are far from the majority. But don't get discouraged. Just readjust your search criteria. Keep in mind, assuming your looking for a spouse, you only need or want one. And you can't order them from Amazon, so its up to you to find them, and that might take time.
I don't think you can speak in absolutes like this. There are plenty of Christian guys who have sex before marriage. I consider myself a Christian (although in a spiritual sense...I haven't been to church since I was a toddler), and I am one of the few girls my age who believe in waiting until marriage to have sex. It's not a religious thing for me AT ALL. It has nothing to do with what is in the Bible, or what I've heard in church. For me, it's about knowing that I only want to share that part of me and my life with the person I marry. It's a very personal and intimate thing for me, and something I want to share with one person, and one person only. Religion and Christianity have NOTHING to do with it.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:27 PM

39 posts, read 68,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
One suggestion. You're looking for religious/Christain behavior, (no sex) from people who I can only assume are not Christian or are phony Christians. You might have better luck finding men in church or at least only dating religious people. .
News flash: Christians have sex before marriage. In fact, 95% -- NINETY-FIVE PERCENT! -- of people have sex before marriage: http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2006-12-19-premarital-sex_x.htm

Men (and women) in church want to get laid, too.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:28 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,987,260 times
I'm a Christian, and I've sexed up women while not married. It's not a big deal. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships