Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 03:09 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Wow, Im blown away by some of the responses. Someone who is short is a loser? Someone who is ugly is a loser? That is just really odd for anyone to think such nonsense. You cant possibly be a loser due to a trait you have zero control over. To me a loser is someone who abuses drugs, mistreats others, has no goals, passions or inspirations or blames his lack of success on external sources.
For the first time you and I are in agreement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 03:28 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,103 times
All my friends have their own definition of "loser." I've always had a problem with defining or even calling someone a loser. The words sounds so harsh. Isn't it all relative?

Then again, if I really had to choose between someone whom I would consider to have low life tendencies, I'd say, someone who rips off and steals from the weak/vulnerable, someone who can hurt others without remorse (including bringing children into this world and not really caring for their well-being).

Basically, someone without any sense of integrity/dignity. All else depends on the individual.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:33 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Actually this doesn't matter at all to me. As he has told me he makes enough to get by and pay bills but isn't rich. He is expanding his business and is investing in it but I wouldn't care how much he made.
True enough, but these days, depending where you live, that can still be a lot of money.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:23 PM

499 posts, read 756,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
A loser: a broke man(poor), a short man, a ugly man, an unemployed man. A fat woman, a woman with more than one kid out of wedlock, a woman that has no class and sleeps around, etc, an ugly woman.

With men loserdom is usually tied to their lack of income, lack of education, lack of physical looks(height, weight, etc) and lack of employment. With women it's almost always tied to looks, and if she has too many children without being married.
This is accurate. Though I make over $150K, I've been called a "loser" for being short. I ignore it, but I've heard this quite often when people have been asked to describe me. "She called you a loser". Why? "You're an awesome guy, but you're short".

Thank GOD "all" women don't think this way! I've been good w/the ladies, but I hear this from time to time.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:35 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,449,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
This is accurate. Though I make over $150K, I've been called a "loser" for being short. I ignore it, but I've heard this quite often when people have been asked to describe me. "She called you a loser". Why? "You're an awesome guy, but you're short".

Thank GOD "all" women don't think this way! I've been good w/the ladies, but I hear this from time to time.
I don't equate "short" with "loser"-probably because I'm only 5'4". Ideally I would like to date someone taller than me (it'd be nice of one of us could reach the top shelf of the cupboard without a step stool ) but to call someone shorter than that a loser is pretty extreme!

Old 08-27-2012, 04:42 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,205,599 times
In dating, some people call anyone they are not into for any reason a loser. Some of the reasons are valid. Others are not. Maybe the people who use the word so loosely are doing so to build themselves up and are trying to blame the people they are and have been seeing as the reason they can't find a mate instead of themselves.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:48 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,919,849 times
It usually just means the guy doesn't have enough money or the potential to make enough money to support a family. I've never heard anyone call a guy with a pretty good income a loser (even if he's fat/ugly). It also could mean that the guy is just socially awkward and unpleasant or a total bore to be around.

Of course, there are situations when a guy is called a loser out of anger or jealousy.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:56 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,015,548 times
In all honesty who gives crap what other people think.
If your ugly short fat, buck teeth one eye browed blah blah..

Some people will think your ugly. Some will think your attractive.

I have had an ugly broke fat chick call me ugly lame and dumb
I had a hot sexy latin women call me dark chocolate and obsess over me..
Vice versa...

The point is you should just focus on living life to the fullest, enjoying it and improving yourself as much as possible and be happy instead of dwelling on this negative crap.

People who think their "perfect" and can call everyone else losers or think there too good for anyone else are jokes..

For every person that you think is a "loser" there is somebody who's more pretty, richer, more successful and think you are a loser.
So unless your freaking Amber rose or christian Bale shut it...
Edit: Even if you are still shut it...

SHeesh..

Old 08-27-2012, 05:16 PM

499 posts, read 756,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
For every person that you think is a "loser" there is somebody who's more pretty, richer, more successful and think you are a loser.
+1000000000000000000000

Old 08-27-2012, 06:10 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
I can't stand when I read profiles online and see those"losers need not apply" messages..I just keep on truckin'.

What makes you think you're such a catch?!
Agreed. That sort of attitude would be a turnoff for me right away. I'd just figure they must be insecure about something themselves to post something like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships