Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 08:58 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

I have a ton of trouble dating. Just this last weekend I got to watch the guy I had a huge crush on ask my sister out in front of me.

I doubt that would have happened if I was 'hot'.
You are hot, in many ways.

I see it, others see it on here. Women see it.

I don't know what your sister looks like, but I know that physical attraction isn't everything. I know what I like, and if I lived close to you I'd go out of my way to talk to you and get to know you better. And no, you wouldn't catch me staring at your bra size either lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 09:01 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,016,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THORAX View Post
Those who are ugly may have the right to kill themselves in the Netherlands. I think this is great. Purify the human race. Most of the ugly losers want to die anyway. They should just watch "Call Me Maybe" video a few times and realize that chicks only want attention from good looking guys. They could live, but they'd be eternally banished to single-loserdom hoping that some chick will say "call me maybe", but they never do because they're Richards. Society is cruel and it should allow people to die who do not, can not and will not conform. Ugly men should be allowed the right to die.
1) Nearly everyone has the potential to look good.
2) Women care about finances and personality as well. So you can be a hot guy but still be a loser. Sure you will most likely get alot of play from women but as far as respect goes they will you see as nothing but a boy toy (which isn't a good thing always trust me I know personally)
3) I don't even know why I'm wasting my time responding to this post. It's obvious your a troll.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:03 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

I have a ton of trouble dating. Just this last weekend I got to watch the guy I had a huge crush on ask my sister out in front of me.

I doubt that would have happened if I was 'hot'.
Aww, Booo hooo.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:07 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
I wrote that ugly and short men are seen as losers. I was going by what friends, and family(women) have stated about certain types of men when they were in the dating game. Things like shortness and "ugliness" for these particular women were huge deal-breakers, or undesirable qualities. Of course this isn't the case for everyone. I've always equated "losers" as those that are undesirable, make poor choices, etc.
make poor choices - absolutely. undesirable because of thinhgs have no control over - no way! It could be equated to calling someone a loser, because they were born with a different skin tone, or a woman called a loser because she has small breasts. Ill tell you what, anyone who thinks such nonsense, is much more of a loser than anyone theyre being critical of. tell em ascension2012 and the rest of the world say so

Old 08-26-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
Fine, pick whatever movie star/model/athlete you want, put him in a McDonald's uniform and I doubt you'd turn him down.
I believe her... To get it on the mark, if the guy was the franchise owner of the fast food joint, but he still cooked everyday because he liked to cook, she might have given him a chance.

In fact, the guy COULD have really been the owner who is posing as an employee just to ward off the gold diggers.

Last edited by calicali01; 08-26-2012 at 09:19 PM..

Old 08-26-2012, 09:11 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
I believe her... To get it on the mark, if the guy was the franchise owner of the fast food joint, but he still cooked everyday because he like to cook, she might have given him the chance.

In fact, the guy COULD have really been the owner who is posing as an employee just to ward off the gold diggers.
I hadn't considered that he could have been the owner which might have made a difference, but a cook ar 50 just seems odd. If he was a chef at a regular restaurant that is another story because that is a bonafide career, fast food cook is more of a temp job or for teens.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I hadn't considered that he could have been the owner which might have made a difference, but a cook ar 50 just seems odd. If he was a chef at a regular restaurant that is another story because that is a bonafide career, fast food cook is more of a temp job or for teens.
I do see your point of view and it's valid. Even teens are getting shafted working at all these fast food joints because the pay is so low and they don't get any tips or commission.

As a matter of fact, somebody told me that slave labor in this country is all the cheap labor that these companies get when they employ American teens. This is why I believe the work ethic is so low in 2012, but that's another subject.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:20 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times
I'd say a loser is basically somebody who is shiftless. They don't care about improving their lives. They have no ambitions, no goals, no zest.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:21 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
And I don't see why.... Poor men mostly comprise of men who put in a honest days work who collectively keep the basic infrastructure of the modern world maintained.

You know... When you go to grab that caned food off the shelf, lather up in your favorite soap, or pump your gas that enables you to drive to work; this was all due to some male "loser".

Where is the gratitude? Where is the compassion? Why don't any hot girls even throw any of these guys even a bone?

This is the basis as to why when some of these men EVENTUALLY make enough money for widespread female approval, they treat women as pure sex objects which is a man's way of returning the same cold calculating judgmental mistreatment.
I see it as no different than an overweight/obese woman not getting any attention for years, losing the weight and then rejecting the men who were a-holes to her when she was fat. Why wouldn't those guys 'throw her a bone' when she wasn't as physically attractive?

Well, she's lost the weight, she's hot now and she's not giving you the time of day. I've seen this quite a few times with girlfriends of mine.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:24 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Aww, Booo hooo.
HEY! Don't diss the Jet. We have a serious JJ fan club going on here. If you're not down with it, mosey on along, then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships