Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 06:09 AM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times

Advertisements

Dear Lord. If all guys let the presence of a girl's friends intimidate them, hell...most people would never get together. I can't get over the wimpy whiney men here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 06:28 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,132,701 times
Default No, Thankfully.

Met and spent time with 3 of my GF's friends. Every single one was great and outgoing. Was fortunate to never have this problem at all anytime. I am easy to get along with I think.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:41 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Eh, I'm sure there are many that go out to boost their ego. Many probably just want to go out without being bothered.
Nothing wrong with them wanting to go out and just hang with their friends - that's what most people do - but then you can't blame people for complaining about how hard it is to meet people IRL.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:42 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Dear Lord. If all guys let the presence of a girl's friends intimidate them, hell...most people would never get together. I can't get over the wimpy whiney men here.
Well, I'm glad you're getting a good sense of self-satisfaction putting down us wimpy man lets!

Old 08-27-2012, 09:49 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
yes, its called cockblocking in 2012 and happens all the time. Thats why as soon as you meet a woman who shows oyu some interest, you have to move her.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:50 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,304 times
It's my friends who start chirping about me to my GF.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:55 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,835,892 times
There is just not one solid answer for this. Strictly situational.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:58 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,196,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Feel better about yourself now?

I don't go to places where women do this, anyway. It was a once or twice thing and I figured that a bar or club wasn't the best place to meet women I'd want to be in a relationship with.

Apparently, my classes and the grocery store are much better.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:04 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I just read in another thread about how women all too often listen to other women's opinions about men, often their friends, and i'm wondering...how often has what could be a good thing been ruined by judgemental, bitchy, catty, jealous, misguided or over-protective friends?

I'm not saying a group of women consorting or discussing men is ALWAYS bad, of course, but let's face it, sometimes girls aren't really fair (and vice versa).

Also would be interesting to hear specific examples where a female friend or friends of hers actively or impeded or sabotaged your relationship. Perhaps you were getting along great, then she played a dirty trick, said something to influence her, you know what I mean. I mean even meeting some women, they're so esconsed in their group that it's like navigating a minefield. E.g. even approaching them at a club when they're with their friends.

I mean oftentimes women's intuition is spot on, and in some cases they do help get their friend out of trouble, or prevent her from ending up with an undesirable, but does the over-protective mentality sometimes just get in the way?

We are NOT a "herd"........we are a bunch of old HEFERS that hate all men and will do what has to be done to ensure that NONE of our friends leave US for a MAN..............LOLOLOLOL

Not all women are like that honestly and those of us who are not like that have to battle that sterotype everyday. Some women who are friends are wonderful when it comes to relationships, their own men and their friends, others just don't know how to balance both.

Keep in mind IF we see any form of abuse happening we will be very protective of our friend and talk to her about it but in the end we allow her to make her own choice and try and give as much support as possible BUT this only applies to those women who are comfortable in their own skins with their lives, relationships and female friends.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:36 AM

1,098 posts, read 1,866,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I just read in another thread about how women all too often listen to other women's opinions about men, often their friends, and i'm wondering...how often has what could be a good thing been ruined by judgemental, bitchy, catty, jealous, misguided or over-protective friends?

I'm not saying a group of women consorting or discussing men is ALWAYS bad, of course, but let's face it, sometimes girls aren't really fair (and vice versa).

Also would be interesting to hear specific examples where a female friend or friends of hers actively or impeded or sabotaged your relationship. Perhaps you were getting along great, then she played a dirty trick, said something to influence her, you know what I mean. I mean even meeting some women, they're so esconsed in their group that it's like navigating a minefield. E.g. even approaching them at a club when they're with their friends.

I mean oftentimes women's intuition is spot on, and in some cases they do help get their friend out of trouble, or prevent her from ending up with an undesirable, but does the over-protective mentality sometimes just get in the way?
Story of my life, well thanks to other outside parties. Seems there was a time when a women knew some things about me she would change her mind. It was mostly prevalent at work and post HS so naturally it felt like most of the town laughed at the idea if I showed interest.

Its not like I approach them while in the herd, that's just suicide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships