U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 06:50 PM

9,412 posts, read 12,311,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Wow, that's a pretty strong reaction lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
my god, you're acting as if being called a herd is the same as being called the c-word or b-word. nobody saying there is any wrong with traveling in a group, but its about the difficulties in approaching a woman when she has all her bodyguards around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Really don't want to be mean mainly because I have a positive opinion of you. However, I think the "herd" reference was more a poor use of words than indicative of a disrepect of women.
Ok ok, I over reacted
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 07:02 PM

100 posts, read 146,229 times
I just start talking to her friends. If I'm in the zone, it works. If I'm somewhat annoyed by a pretentious, uneducated attitude about who I am, despite how that may sound, I might start trolling. Have fun with it. They're just people too and if you can hang by getting in to talking to all of them, it's irrelevant.

Of course, clubs aren't great...women largely to there to preen and dance. Not converse. IMHO, I quit the club scene 12 years ago.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:29 PM

24,682 posts, read 48,312,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrguyMN View Post
I just start talking to her friends. If I'm in the zone, it works. If I'm somewhat annoyed by a pretentious, uneducated attitude about who I am, despite how that may sound, I might start trolling. Have fun with it. They're just people too and if you can hang by getting in to talking to all of them, it's irrelevant.

Of course, clubs aren't great...women largely to there to preen and dance. Not converse. IMHO, I quit the club scene 12 years ago.
That's part of the problem there. 'Preening' should be the male's job. That's how our modern society is upside down. And I hate having to shout over loud music.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
But if you drank a few, than you would be using booze as social lubricant, which many guys do and while it works, it does absolutely nothing for your game. Your self esteem should be based on only what you think of yourself, that why its called SELF esteem. Who cares if she thinks youre a weirdo and rejects you. If you never approached in the first place, you were already rejected. Women like assertive and direct guys. Cold approach during the day takes a little practice to get right, but it works like a charm, you would be surprised. Ive gotten in front of women who were about to walk past me as we were headed in opposite directions. Told them to turn their ipod off and then talked to them in a direct way. Got plenty of dates that way and plenty of good times otherwise. Be fearless, women will love you for it.
Kudos to you to being able to pull it off, you've gotta respect someone with the balls to chat up a woman whenever he feels like it/takes every chance. I guess with time I'll be able to overcome to barriers preventing me from engaging with women in any situation.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:33 PM

5,476 posts, read 6,746,475 times
Quote:
Kudos to you to being able to pull it off, you've gotta respect someone with the balls to chat up a woman whenever he feels like it/takes every chance. I guess with time I'll be able to overcome to barriers preventing me from engaging with women in any situation.
You can do it right now. If you find a woman attractive, come up to her and tell her that. Absolutely nothing to lose. Good Luck!

Old 08-28-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
You can do it right now. If you find a woman attractive, come up to her and tell her that. Absolutely nothing to lose. Good Luck!
Maybe I will, considering the other options seem just as unlikely, desperation might drive me to do just that! I'll report what the fall-out of the situation is...

Old 08-28-2012, 08:16 PM

3,237 posts, read 3,464,805 times
Most women have their "crotch block brigades" and inevitably the worst one will be the grenade of the group. The fat ugly one will always shoot down the prettier one's guys unless she gets a guy of her own. There's really nothing you can do to prevent this, a woman's friends may be happy to see her with someone but if they don't like you for whatever reason, fair or unfair, they will get their claws out. Best to accept women are crazy like that, don't fight it it'll prolong the pain. Personally I'm taking special pills that will make me homosexual to get rid of this conundrum.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Most women have their "crotch block brigades" and inevitably the worst one will be the grenade of the group. The fat ugly one will always shoot down the prettier one's guys unless she gets a guy of her own. There's really nothing you can do to prevent this, a woman's friends may be happy to see her with someone but if they don't like you for whatever reason, fair or unfair, they will get their claws out. Best to accept women are crazy like that, don't fight it it'll prolong the pain. Personally I'm taking special pills that will make me homosexual to get rid of this conundrum.
Don't be so naive. I'm sure groups of gay guys also have one fat, jealous friendly who will bitterly try to shoot every hottie who is hitting on his friend down lol.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:12 PM

3,237 posts, read 3,464,805 times
Quote:
Don't be so naive. I'm sure groups of gay guys also have one fat, jealous friendly who will bitterly try to shoot every hottie who is hitting on his friend down lol.
No a gay guy will be like "will you stop blocking me you fat queen, im about to get some"

Old 08-28-2012, 10:05 PM

16,231 posts, read 19,969,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
This is very true. I have been blocked by quite a few broads already, I was in position to get laid that very night and her friend or friends come out of no where and scoops her away from me. This past summer I had a girl making out with me with her legs around my waste. Her friend came out of blue and that was it. Her friend would not allow me to get her number. A year ago in AC some forty something lady in a night club approached me saying I'm cute. We danced and even kissed on the dance floor, she even let me grab and hold her white trash fat Butt while she is grabbing my private. She had me worked up and was ready to knock boots with her. She introduces me to her friends who are either judging or are jealous. The woman I had met insisted in hanging out with me for the night while her friend says no your coming back to PA with us. Her friend did not like me from the start. Too much blocking is going on and I hats, its worse here in NYC. Vegas is just as bad. I tried talking to an chubby Indian chick from San Francisco and I met her other friends all Indian they chased me away like a pack of vicious wolves.

Quote:
I just read in another thread about how women all too often listen to other women's opinions about men, often their friends, and i'm wondering...how often has what could be a good thing been ruined by judgemental, bitchy, catty, jealous, misguided or over-protective friends?

I'm not saying a group of women consorting or discussing men is ALWAYS bad, of course, but let's face it, sometimes girls aren't really fair (and vice versa).

Also would be interesting to hear specific examples where a female friend or friends of hers actively or impeded or sabotaged your relationship. Perhaps you were getting along great, then she played a dirty trick, said something to influence her, you know what I mean. I mean even meeting some women, they're so esconsed in their group that it's like navigating a minefield. E.g. even approaching them at a club when they're with their friends.

I mean oftentimes women's intuition is spot on, and in some cases they do help get their friend out of trouble, or prevent her from ending up with an undesirable, but does the over-protective mentality sometimes just get in the way?
I have been through this situation so much I have already lost count. Its always a pack of 3 to 4 girls in a circle which is very hard to break. I tried so many times to infiltrate this circle and woman just brush me off or look at me if like if I'm stupid. Sometimes I offer a drink or maybe a chat or even a dance the answer is usually no with these ladies. Also these woman are judging you from what drink is in your glass to what shoe you are wearing. Also some women may compete with her friend to scoop up the guy who approached the group of ladies. The only I can get a woman in one of these circle of friends bonfire is for 3 out of 4 of the ladies must be under the influence while the conscious buddy is failing at keeping her buddies together. I do bad if I meet a lady one on one they assume I'm s creep. Usually I do better with if its two women, I take one lady and her best friend gets jealous when I'm on the dance floor with her. This is all based on my observation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships