Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 12:52 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
yes!!!
Good LORD! A miracle...a young person is admitting that technology has rendered them illiterate. They are asking someone with knowledge of the language to "teach" them...There are many old school types here...myself not included who would be happy to teach you to communicate fully and with real power.. Just think...If you gain this skill you will prosper and eventually help lead the poor illiterate button pushing young folks who have become like little insects tweeting away by rubbing their antenna together or letting of little digital scents like bees in a hive with out singular individual minds.. We need people in the future who can get full ideas across. instead of little electronic grunts....good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 12:55 PM

5 posts, read 4,552 times
no one has actually answered correctly as yet but I do appreciate the advice i have been given so far

Old 08-27-2012, 01:09 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie girl 18 View Post
no one has actually answered correctly as yet but I do appreciate the advice i have been given so far
Go back and re-read this thread. In by "correct answer" not the answer you or your heart is wanting, but the one that experience and "been there, done that."

So not only poor grammar, reading comprehension.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:25 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
Surely this problem isn't so time critical that you can't type out a few extra letters, punctuation marks, and the occasional "return" or "enter" key? When you show such lack of common courtesy for your readers, you can't expect your readers to show you the courtesy of a thoughtful response.

By the way, I'm responding via my smartphone. It can be done. Don't feed me any lines about short texting.
My kids used to be proud of me cos' I was an old guy who was very good at texting..It was tedious at first being a having taken typing in school...Then I got quick at it and would try my best to use full words...Then a problem arose. All keyboards on those little gadgets seem to wear out quickly..I hit the t and I will get ttttttt....and have to back track...or you hit something and there is no response what so ever- Technical failure has frustrated me..My phone is about a year old and it is wearing out all ready...But when it was knew it was fine and I never used - Wn R U cmn ovR? I did use short form just to impress the kids - once in a while..but even that became tedious...

Texting is good if you don't really want to talk to the person but you want to communicate something.. like - don't forget the toilet paper.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:36 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,372,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Yes. Hit the enter button on occasion and break things up. No one likes to read something that is a huge block - where the eye gets lost... okay...now... the "friend" thing...once you dump someone you have proven that you are not a friend...the dreaded "friend" zone is really a statement that says..."I don't have the guts to tell you that you are just not good enough for me and I would never breed with you"...who needs that?

I had a woman say to be..."we were friends before the fling...why can't we still be friends?" _ I said to her "I don't have any friends and if you need on find one elsewhere". How can a man or woman who has had prolonged intimate relations with another person ...sit there and be friends with a person who is now having sex with someone else? Where is your dignity and your pride...Get them out of your life and find someone loyal.
Continuing to **** someone does not indicate loyalty if you are not appropriate as a couple, but stupidity. Since some people consider their significant other something more than a hole or appendage that provides orgasms, some people will indeed remain friends afterwards. It can be difficult to manage, but why must all good will be cast aside because you're no longer doing the horizontal tango with each other?

It's certainly more mature than excising someone from your life just because they didn't want to continue a sexual relationship that was no longer satisfying to them.

No wonder you don't have any friends.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:01 PM

5 posts, read 4,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Yes. Hit the enter button on occasion and break things up. No one likes to read something that is a huge block - where the eye gets lost... okay...now... the "friend" thing...once you dump someone you have proven that you are not a friend...the dreaded "friend" zone is really a statement that says..."I don't have the guts to tell you that you are just not good enough for me and I would never breed with you"...who needs that?

I had a woman say to be..."we were friends before the fling...why can't we still be friends?" _ I said to her "I don't have any friends and if you need on find one elsewhere". How can a man or woman who has had prolonged intimate relations with another person ...sit there and be friends with a person who is now having sex with someone else? Where is your dignity and your pride...Get them out of your life and find someone loyal.
so do you think I should cut my best friend out of my life and continue to move on with my boyfriend? let me make it clear we r only friends and I don't think he wants me back and,
I don't want him back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships