Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 10:13 AM

819 posts, read 1,129,633 times

Advertisements

If you have to ask, no. The most attractive quality to a woman is confidence, and if you lack that doesn't matter what you look like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 10:19 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
D217:
I lol'd. lmao

I don't find your pictures attractive, but that doesnt mean much.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:21 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,399,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
If you have to ask, no. The most attractive quality to a woman is confidence, and if you lack that doesn't matter what you look like.
Appearance still matters.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:23 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
not as much as most think, for a guy anyway - unless you are online dating. Appearance for a woman on the other hand, is the only thing that counts.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:25 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
not as much as most think, for a guy anyway - unless you are online dating. Appearance for a woman on the other hand, is the only thing that counts.
It matters. Don't kid yourself.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:29 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,399,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Ok. If you say so.

(maybe that's the problem with some of the men on here...they underestimate the importance of their appearance. The OP gets it...that's why he's asking.)

Old 08-28-2012, 11:27 AM

819 posts, read 1,129,633 times
Quote:
Of course it does, but a mediocre looking dude can still get plenty of dates if he's confident. The hottest guy ever will seem creepy to women if he as Aspergers or something.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:41 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,575,247 times
Quote:
Ok. If you say so.

(maybe that's the problem with some of the men on here...they underestimate the importance of their appearance. The OP gets it...that's why he's asking.)
I get that appearance is important. The way I look in the pics I posted is drastically different from the how I looked in high school and the first two years after I graduated. From 2004-2010 I looked scruffy, long uncut unkept hair, old worn out clean only 80% of the time clothes. Now I look good, smell good (thanks Old Spice Kimodo) and I feel better about who I am

It's funny how I always down talk the cities of Las Vegas and Los Angeles for focusing SO MUCH on how people's appearances are but in the end, I learned after my 2 years living in Vegas that yes your appearance DOES matter, its not everything, but it does matter. In my personal opinion, I don't care how confident you are...if you weigh more than 200 lbs (not muscle) haven't showered since Saturday, havent shaved, and are wearing a T-shirt that says "I'm With Stupid" you won't get very many dates

I'm not the most confident guy in the world but I certainly feel a lot better about myself than I used to. I look good I smell good, and I find it easier to make friends now than it used to be

My confidence is the issue though, and in a sense yeah thats why I made this thread. When my date this past weekend said I was "hot" I didn't believe her. I balked at it you could say. I balked at it because even though I look a lot better now than I used to, I still don't consider myself attractive because I have so much trouble when it comes to women and relationships, and my perpetual singleness makes me feel physically unattractive

If anybody is rejected by women as much as I have (I'm almost 23 and have only had 1 relationship), yeah eventually you'll begin to feel unattractive too and may not believe it when somebody says you're good looking, especially a member of the opposite sex

Old 08-28-2012, 11:53 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I feel better about who I am
WOW

Davie, I'm glad you came back to this thread because you just humanized it.

Yes, appearance counts, but it isn't the whole thing.

I think what robertpolyglot said is very relevant: Someone who "grows into" their appearance approaches relationships differently than someone who already looked "good" as a young person.

There's still a human in there, people, popped collar or not.

Old 08-28-2012, 12:07 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
My confidence is the issue though, and in a sense yeah thats why I made this thread. When my date this past weekend said I was "hot" I didn't believe her. I balked at it you could say. I balked at it because even though I look a lot better now than I used to, I still don't consider myself attractive because I have so much trouble when it comes to women and relationships, and my perpetual singleness makes me feel physically unattractive
I think most of us have told you that you're decently attractive but obviously your other qualities will come into play. You can be hot to one woman but not hot to another, so don't worry about that. You are attractive enough to get dates but you shouldn't rely on looks alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships