Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 12:39 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
If you want to be attractive to women, you have to realize that it's either about what you have or about how well known you are.

So in the pics you posted, women don't really care and it's waste of time to post pics of yourself because women don't get excited over men in the way the men get excited over women.... but say, if you posted pics of yourself sitting in a 911 GT2 THEN things would be different.

Yup, things would DEFINITELY be different...I'd think he was a wanna-be that financed that car in order to impress women. The fact that he would post it on a website hoping to impress a girl??? We are not stupid. We know what the motive is, and therefore we know that he thinks women are gold-diggers for his monopoly money and that's how he's trying to win the affections..how is that even remotely attractive??? Sorry, that would scream "LOSER" to me.

Don't get me wrong, I love a pretty car just as much as the next person but that's about as far as that goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 12:50 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I get that appearance is important. The way I look in the pics I posted is drastically different from the how I looked in high school and the first two years after I graduated. From 2004-2010 I looked scruffy, long uncut unkept hair, old worn out clean only 80% of the time clothes. Now I look good, smell good (thanks Old Spice Kimodo) and I feel better about who I am

It's funny how I always down talk the cities of Las Vegas and Los Angeles for focusing SO MUCH on how people's appearances are but in the end, I learned after my 2 years living in Vegas that yes your appearance DOES matter, its not everything, but it does matter. In my personal opinion, I don't care how confident you are...if you weigh more than 200 lbs (not muscle) haven't showered since Saturday, havent shaved, and are wearing a T-shirt that says "I'm With Stupid" you won't get very many dates

I'm not the most confident guy in the world but I certainly feel a lot better about myself than I used to. I look good I smell good, and I find it easier to make friends now than it used to be

My confidence is the issue though, and in a sense yeah thats why I made this thread. When my date this past weekend said I was "hot" I didn't believe her. I balked at it you could say. I balked at it because even though I look a lot better now than I used to, I still don't consider myself attractive because I have so much trouble when it comes to women and relationships, and my perpetual singleness makes me feel physically unattractive

If anybody is rejected by women as much as I have (I'm almost 23 and have only had 1 relationship), yeah eventually you'll begin to feel unattractive too and may not believe it when somebody says you're good looking, especially a member of the opposite sex
I didn't respond to this thread before because you specifically asked for the ladies in their 20's to give you an opinion.

But I want to say now that I'm sorry some here were rough on you.

You seem like a great guy - smart and cute too.

It's important that you recognize your confidence level is your biggest problem.

Continue to work on that and you are going to be just fine

Don't do like a lot of the young guys here do and become your own worst enemy! Remember, what we tell ourselves in our head about ourselves becomes our realty!

I once knew a guy who was overweight as a child, not to mention kind of homely.

In his late teens, early 20's he began to work out and grew into his body and looks.

By 25 he was a hunk!

Problem was, he still had the "fat kid" mentality

He refused to see himself for who he was then and kept reminding himself of what he used to be.

Fortunately, he got some help for that and was able to reframe his view of himself and learn to see what others were seeing when they looked at him.

He went on to have a great, fulfilling life once he got rid of the negative self talk.

I think you have less of a hurdle to get over, and I know you can do it!

Old 08-28-2012, 01:07 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
He went on to have a great, fulfilling life once he got rid of the negative self talk.
I'm just curious. Were you a counselor or a therapist at some point in your life, or do you read a lot of books from the psychology section you bought at Barnes and Noble? And I'm being serious.

Old 08-28-2012, 01:18 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I'm just curious. Were you a counselor or a therapist at some point in your life, or do you read a lot of books from the psychology section you bought at Barnes and Noble? And I'm being serious.
It's always flattering when someone takes an interest in your work - thanks

Old 08-28-2012, 02:25 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,677,220 times
I love the toilet in the background. It screams sexy!

Old 08-28-2012, 02:29 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,606,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToHaveALife View Post
if you've at least had a girlfriend before, been in a relationship, gotten laid, then i wouldn't worry about your looks
i feel my post was relevant

Old 08-28-2012, 03:11 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,099,087 times
People, the ring is on HIS RIGHT hand

That's YOUR LEFT not HIS

LOL!

Old 08-28-2012, 06:29 PM

1,351 posts, read 1,598,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
These 'am I good-looking?' threads are ridiculous. They reek of massive insecurity and the need for validation... especially pathetic as this is an anonymous forum. OP, forget about this malarkey and just get out there and live and quit worrying and caring whether you are 'hot or not'.
I'm with the rabbit lover here. "Insecurity" was the first word that came to mind when I read the original post. OP, if you like the way you look, dress, etc...then that's all that really matters. If you don't, make changes (within reason and the realm of possibility) so that you do. Even if you ask others for assistance, be it a friend or a "fashion expert" or whatever...in the end your thumbs up/down should have final say. People who are happy with their look tend to feel better and carry themselves better (and others will notice). No matter what you look like, others are going to have their opinions of you and said views will cover the entire spectrum...ranging from "ugly" to "goofy" to "dorky" to "indifferent" to "cute/handsome", along with everything in-between and every possible combination. So stop caring so much about this stuff. Once you go beyond being clean and well-groomed...subjectivity takes over. There are women out there who think that George Clooney, Will Smith and Brad Pitt are ugly.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:48 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,937,731 times
I think you look like Chris Jericho. After I get my gender reassignment surgery, I may PM you my phone number.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:58 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,794,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Yup, things would DEFINITELY be different...I'd think he was a wanna-be that financed that car in order to impress women. The fact that he would post it on a website hoping to impress a girl??? We are not stupid. We know what the motive is, and therefore we know that he thinks women are gold-diggers for his monopoly money and that's how he's trying to win the affections..how is that even remotely attractive??? Sorry, that would scream "LOSER" to me.

Don't get me wrong, I love a pretty car just as much as the next person but that's about as far as that goes.
I'm with sixy on this one--I am kind of turned off when men pose in pix with motorized vehicles b/c the truth is that it's the best way to attract a man or a gold-digger, but real women looking for a relationship are not going to care so much about that. I mean I'd like him to have a car but to me cars are red or blue or silver, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
If you have to ask, no. The most attractive quality to a woman is confidence, and if you lack that doesn't matter what you look like.
I've been following Davie's threads for awhile and all I have to say is that he has come a long way. Confidence isn't something you put on like a suit--it has to be built up piece by piece and he's coming along just fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships