Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 02:38 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,422,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
You might need an editor first
Or a Ghost Writer.

Old 08-28-2012, 02:39 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,231,735 times
Acension, I especially liked the back and forth you had with the widow earlier. You really have a knack for making an ass of yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Yes, like scoring more and with more attractive women. Some guys will tell you something different, but thats becasue for some odd reason, theyre affraid to tell you the truth. All guys like to get laid, unless they are asexual. Fact.
Most people like to screw. Most animals like to screw. People have sex all day, every day. Do you really think we need a mascot from the short bus announcing the obvious? It's quite lame if that's all a person has goof for him/her.

Old 08-28-2012, 02:41 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,772,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Good post. Women like guys who treat them well. Guys like women who treat them well. This seems to be front-page news only on C-D.
I must have been unclear, sorry. The poster is already polite and nice, and it's not working for him. Suggestions that he adopt a puppy, buy lots of flowers, or call women cutesy names is not going to help, in my opinion. (BTW, I am not knocking cutesy names and possess a few myself, but my husband didn't call me these things when we were dating.)

Old 08-28-2012, 02:42 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,618,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
You might need an editor first
If you can speak and write in a foreign language, as well as I can in English - than I may have to agree.

Old 08-28-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I must have been unclear, sorry. The poster is already polite and nice, and it's not working for him. Suggestions that he adopt a puppy, buy lots of flowers, or call women cutesy names is not going to help, in my opinion. (BTW, I am not knocking cutesy names and possess a few myself, but my husband didn't call me these things when we were dating.)
Thanks for being honest, it is really refreshing.

Old 08-28-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Acension, I especially liked the back and forth you had with the widow earlier. You really have a knack for making an ass of yourself.

Most people like to screw. Most animals like to screw. People have sex all day, every day. Do you really think we need a mascot from the short bus announcing the obvious? It's quite lame if that's all a person has goof for him/her.
Turns out, me and the widow poster have already worked the issue out and we are fine with the resolution, hope that makes you at ease. Im stating the obvious becasue so many CD posters tend to deny reality.

Old 08-28-2012, 02:50 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,809,016 times
Quote:
Yes, like scoring more and with more attractive women. Some guys will tell you something different, but thats becasue for some odd reason, theyre affraid to tell you the truth. All guys like to get laid, unless they are asexual. Fact.
Again, no-one hasn't said otherwise BUT that isn't the ONLY thing some men want. Some of us want more than that, much more.

And some men, like yours truly, are not interested in 'getting laid' outside of a committed relationship.

Now watch... I'll get trashed for that one. Time to duck...

Old 08-28-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Again, no-one hasn't said otherwise BUT that isn't the ONLY thing some men want. Some of us want more than that, much more.

And some men, like yours truly, are not interested in 'getting laid' outside of a committed relationship.

Now watch... I'll get trashed for that one. Time to duck...
Most guys that say things like this, do so because they either couldnt get laid with variety of different women, think that it takes more effort than it is worth to sleep with a veriety of women or simply couldnt get away with it. Provided, I have been in commited relationships before and have never cheated on my SO. Sex is substantialy better with someone you have increasing feelings for, no doubt about it. And i do recognize that some guys are perfectly happy in those types of relationships. So if thats you, good for you, congrats.

4,380 posts, read 4,459,278 times
Quote:
Turns out, me and the widow poster have already worked the issue out and we are fine with the resolution, hope that makes you at ease. Im stating the obvious becasue so many CD posters tend to deny reality.
Yes, we have.

I have a friend who has pretty good luck with dating but he wants a relationship and he's getting a lot of pressure to settle down as culturally he should have done so by now. He thinks he needs to adopt more of a PUA style and start being a d*** to women and treating them like s*** as that will lure them in to more than just dating. He's getting some pretty warped ideas as to what women want from whatever he's been reading IMO! As I told him, I can only speak 100% for myself. I've always been the good girl and yes, there is a part of me that wants to play with the bad boy. But at the end of the day, I want to marry the geek.

And I have a couple of male friends who I'd let do a lot more than just hold my handbag if only they were interested.

3 posts, read 4,210 times
No one is suggesting the OP adopt a puppy, etc. (Cutesy names hasn't come up in the discussion, that's a new one.) The OP hasn't stated their situation, only put up a poll, of sorts. The by far majority response seems to be that being respectful works, being a bad boy doesn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships