Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 09:44 AM

1,392 posts, read 2,098,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
If you were a good guy, women would pick up on it
Go **** yourself. Jesus Christ, a guy can't comment on American culture? A couple other posters pointed out the same thing I was saying. Our culture talks a lot about nothing. I'm not a good guy because I realize that? How about the other posters who said the same thing? They're not good people?

Who are you wanna be school marms who are jumping on any minor non-PC interjections? What the hell, man?

Sorry for the cuss/insult, mods, but this is ridiculous. It's like some people just use the internet to act like they're more enlightened/PC-sensitive than they actually are in real life, cause I know ain't nobody really going around complaining to people about their use of the word "retarded" in coversation, you can't be like that IRL and not get punched in the face.

Last edited by Peanuttree; 08-29-2012 at 09:57 AM..

Old 08-29-2012, 10:26 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,011,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
Go **** yourself. Jesus Christ, a guy can't comment on American culture? A couple other posters pointed out the same thing I was saying. Our culture talks a lot about nothing. I'm not a good guy because I realize that? How about the other posters who said the same thing? They're not good people?

Who are you wanna be school marms who are jumping on any minor non-PC interjections? What the hell, man?

Sorry for the cuss/insult, mods, but this is ridiculous. It's like some people just use the internet to act like they're more enlightened/PC-sensitive than they actually are in real life, cause I know ain't nobody really going around complaining to people about their use of the word "retarded" in coversation, you can't be like that IRL and not get punched in the face.
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is why you struggle. It has nothing to do with culture and everything to do with bad vibes. He was correct. You have oozed negativity at the drop of a hat in this thread and based on what you are saying likely do it in person as well. It pretty much sucks to have to admit that the problem looks you in the mirror every day. I know this because like most people I have had to do it myself as have most people over one thing or another.

Offensive comments.... Does it seem like good practice to make remarks which you know are likely to be offensive and off putting to many people when what you are trying to do is develop and engage in deeper conversations with them? I mean honestly, you don't see the problem with that?

And whats with all this punched in the face stuff? Not sure where the aggressiveness is coming from but speaking of awkward moments if that is getting getting into your conversations either overtly or subliminally you are also acting to push people away with that behavior as well.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:52 AM

Oh god, would you ****in' false sensitive morons shut up? I highly doubt you actually go around complaining about "retarded" in real life.

I never have to tell people off like this because people never behave like this. Me and other posters are making a comment about American culture, and you jagaloons are whining about colloquial speech, and then whining when I tell off your annoying asses for it? Please.

Alright, school marms, could we drop the freggin whining? I'm going to use the term "retarded" colloquially, just like every other under-30 person does, and if you're actually insulted, there is something socially wrong with you, and you should keep it to yourself instead of going OT on my thread. And I'm supposedly the one with Aspberger's, Jeez. You know that sort of complaint, to complain about non-PC like "retarded" or "black guy" in the middle of a conversation is exactly the sort of stuff that brings up groans from all the normies, and you know it, like people who protest against the custom of tipping. It's a faux pas and you know it.

In short, PLEASE STOP GOING OT ON MY POST.
If you need to express self-righteous offense to minor things, go make a Bill O'Reilly puppet and go scream at it for waging a "war on women" or something.

Old 08-29-2012, 11:14 AM

OK here's a question:
One lady posted I should just try and get laid.
But should I separate the purposes? Go about that as separate from finding a relationship? Best I can come up with is try to hang out after any "contacts" like that, and go from there.

Old 08-29-2012, 11:17 AM

How about working out as a shared hobby? You know I can't believe I don't consider that more. I like to work out like a maniac (part of what takes up my time), it'd probably be pretty cool to have a girl who likes to do that with me.

What kind of groups do stuff like that, where would I go to meet people like that? Iactually have one thing that's part of my ethnic group thing I was talking about that's a fitness thingy we do sometimes. I been thinking about running a few Jersey-side.

Old 08-29-2012, 11:20 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
You know, whatever you are comfortable with is how you should go about things. Sometimes humans try "too hard" to fit a round peg into a square hole and it never does fit. Live your life, do what you do and when you meet others the conversation will flow easily or not but you will find that those who truly are right for you and your lifestyle you can sit in the same room with for a countless amount of time and not say anything at all and it is still right. It may not happen as quickly as you think it should but it will eventually happen.

Good luck with all you choose in the future.

Old 08-29-2012, 11:30 AM

264 posts, read 308,969 times
So now "American culture" is to blame for your personal social shortcomings?

Old 08-29-2012, 11:42 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,505,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
How about working out as a shared hobby? You know I can't believe I don't consider that more. I like to work out like a maniac (part of what takes up my time), it'd probably be pretty cool to have a girl who likes to do that with me.

What kind of groups do stuff like that, where would I go to meet people like that? Iactually have one thing that's part of my ethnic group thing I was talking about that's a fitness thingy we do sometimes. I been thinking about running a few Jersey-side.
Next time your with a girl, ask her if she likes to work out. If she says yeah then invite her to your gym to work out. You can meet people like that at bars, clubs, coffee shops etc...

Old 08-29-2012, 12:02 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
Next time your with a girl, ask her if she likes to work out. If she says yeah then invite her to your gym to work out. You can meet people like that at bars, clubs, coffee shops etc...
And you can even meet people like that gyms! Some gyms are set up for socializing, some are "singles scene" - type gyms, so it's ok to talk to people as you move from machine to machine, or wait for a machine while someone finishes, or meet at the water cooler or in the hall, whatever.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:06 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,505,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
And you can even meet people like that gyms! Some gyms are set up for socializing, some are "singles scene" - type gyms, so it's ok to talk to people as you move from machine to machine, or wait for a machine while someone finishes, or meet at the water cooler or in the hall, whatever.
Very good point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships