Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2012, 09:32 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,151,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Dating is nothing more than a game. Everyone is looking for something different, just gotta find someone on the same wavelength as you. No use worry about everyone else.
An online game now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 09:46 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,119,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle Oh Elle View Post
An online game now
Exactly I can see WoW being turned into a Mass multiplayer dating site.

Last edited by Moe'sTavern; 09-13-2012 at 10:16 PM..

Old 09-13-2012, 09:53 PM

264 posts, read 266,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
She doesn't have any children and I don't necessarily think she's looking for a husband.

I can't speak for Doll Eyes, but for me I tried online dating because I live in a small town and wanted to go out and have an enjoyable time with someone outside of my 'circle'. I always paid my own way and always hoped that one of the men I went out with would want more than just a friendship.

I guess my expectations were wrong.
Sorry if I am blunt but maybe you are not that good looking and interesting to attract attention? Dating game is all about looks and fun.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:55 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noworneveragain View Post
Sorry if I am blunt but maybe you are not that good looking and interesting to attract attention? Dating game is all about looks and fun.
Oh, I'm definitely interesting enough, but I agree about the looks thing. That's always been my problem and I'm working on it.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:06 PM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Yes, POF
I was wondering about that, why not just talk exchange numbers or something & go from there? What's the point?
I don't know. Why don't you? That's what most people do. It's certainly what I always did.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:12 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle Oh Elle View Post
An online game now

All the same, online or offline

Old 09-13-2012, 11:15 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
Looks are important for both men and women but now its increasingly important for women to have good looking guy as a ego or self esteem booster, this is from my observation here in NYC. Having good looks break down certain barriers were people dont have to judgd one another. Im not a good looking guy either but i do manage to meet women off the streets and once in a while offline. For me if a woman falls on my lap wheter if she is attractive or not or she wieghts 250 pounds or 100 pounds or if she is 5 foot or 6 foot 2 i will still date her. For me i dont judge a woman by her looks i judve her by her values, self worth and baggage. I would rather date an unattractive woman with no kids, a good credit score, no debt over a very hot aingle mom of three kids from two different men. Or i would not do an ltr with a woman who is 50k or more in debt. Women with kids and women with debt will be play things for me and most of the times women like these are hot. Yep the dating gMe is about looks and fun overall. Even though the one someone meet is good looking hot or attractive good luck. You can be happy in the beggining and show off amongst your buddies the hottest girl or guy but the misery meter will build up eventually. Guys if your not attractive and your going to meet a wonan offline you either must have some soet ofvdeal brwaker like being funny or have money alot of women want happiness in the beginning.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 09-13-2012 at 11:28 PM..

Old 09-13-2012, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Oh, I'm definitely interesting enough, but I agree about the looks thing. That's always been my problem and I'm working on it.
Wish you the best. You're smart when improve your looks to you wont have a problem.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:03 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Wish you the best. You're smart when improve your looks to you wont have a problem.
There's only so much I can do because there are certain unattractive qualities I have that I can't change unfortunately.

I do feel stupid changing my looks to attract a guy though.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:
There's only so much I can do because there are certain unattractive qualities I have that I can't change unfortunately.

I do feel stupid changing my looks to attract a guy though.
It's your choice... You don't have to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships