Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2012, 05:07 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,152,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
LOL, I don't know what the cutoff would be for me.

I dated probably 20 men in less than a year on match.com. I only married one of them - the rest were "eliminated" for one reason or another - either after the first date or after just a few days. I don't know how many "creepers" I dated because I cut my losses early when I got the vibe that "hey, this is not going to work." In other words, before either of us had much emotion or time invested in the relationship.

Without knowing too many of the men I dated very well, I would say that probably a third of them were "creepers" (and by that I mean men who were not leveling with me, or had misrepresented themselves, or who got weird on me mid date). Another third were guys who I realized after meeting them in person were probably nice enough guys but after getting to know them better, some deal breaker came up. And the last third were truly nice men, who for whatever reason just didn't spark a lot of interest or get any chemistry going.

And then there was THE ONE. And all the creepers and misfits and boring guys just faded from my memory... basically immediately!
You sound like a very patient woman. I don't know anyone like that. PROPS to you. I would of just given up in half the time. I guess your hard work does pay off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2012, 05:19 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle Oh Elle View Post
You sound like a very patient woman. I don't know anyone like that. PROPS to you. I would of just given up in half the time. I guess your hard work does pay off.
Yes, it was hard work to some extent. But I also met a lot of interesting people, a few really nice guys, and had some fun going out on the town in the process.

Being single and dating a lot was stressful, but it was also sort of fun. Sort of. Sometimes.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:28 PM

861 posts, read 1,249,726 times
You're doing something wrong.

One or more or all of the following is in question:

The site
Your photo
Your profile
How you reach out
How soon you reply (each time)
How you reply- your writing skill-

Have you ever gone fishing and caught something that you had to play give and take with? It's like that. You've got to give a little while building her interest in you. And she in turn does the same. And when you get your timing right, ask if she wan't to meet for coffee, a drink, lunch or dinner. Strike while the irons hot. Don't drag it out for fifty emails and don't jump the gun either. You've got to make her think "you're the fish" that she can't let get away.

It's worked for me for 12 years.

And don't forget to be your charming self.

You're not one of those guys that posts a photo of himself wrapped in a bath towel, are you? If so, you need help. Get you're sister, or a girl like your sister, to give you advice and take your photo. And take a secondary photo of you with a cute, but not too cute dog.

Old 09-30-2012, 06:11 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
So you two ladies are average looking women or even below average, looking for above average looking guys aka attractive, I guess looking for that makes you happy and boost your ego or self worth, I hope guys like that can make you happy when it comes to finances. I know of a woman who is dating an attractive guy but he has nothing going for himself, however he is a very extremely good looking guy, sadly she wanted to give him the boot because of money, if he did not even find a job, even if he seeking employment at Mcdonalds she would have to leave him unless some one hired him. Its either you want happiness in worshipping looks or happiness in improving and trying to build up your life.

As for most online dating sights interest dont matter its all about looks.
What, who said I was seeking above average looking men? I am not, just decent looking and by that I mean guys who bathe, brush their teeth, etc. Incidentally there is a guy I want to date but he is definitely below average in looks but he takes care of himself to some extent. Oh and I'm not below average in looks, in fact in my 20s I was a model.

Old 09-30-2012, 06:20 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
What, who said I was seeking above average looking men? I am not, just decent looking and by that I mean guys who bathe, brush their teeth, etc. Incidentally there is a guy I want to date but he is definitely below average in looks but he takes care of himself to some extent. Oh and I'm not below average in looks, in fact in my 20s I was a model.
Bathe and brush teeth?

Is this what the dating market online consist of? Of people that don't take care of themselves? I've thought about online dating but I don't want to date the homeless...

Old 09-30-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Bathe and brush teeth?

Is this what the dating market online consist of? Of people that don't take care of themselves? I've thought about online dating but I don't want to date the homeless...
Pretty much. I have these standards and yes many men I have met don't even fit this. Not just that but some issues (like obesity)are not bendable because let's face it looks matter to some extent. I was getting so many messages from these guys and no I'm not at their level, I am definitely above.

Old 09-30-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Pretty much. I have these standards and yes many men I have met don't even fit this. Not just that but some issues (like obesity)are not bendable because let's face it looks matter to some extent. I was getting so many messages from these guys and no I'm not at their level, I am definitely above.
What about women? Do you know anything about your competition? The reason I ask is because Im really hesitant about putting my info online, there is a reason why I don't have Facebook.

Old 09-30-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
What about women? Do you know anything about your competition? The reason I ask is because Im really hesitant about putting my info online, there is a reason why I don't have Facebook.
I suppose it depends on what my competition is for what guy. I'm going after average looking men and the guy I like I can't imagine has many other women interested in him.

Old 09-30-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
I suppose it depends on what my competition is for what guy. I'm going after average looking men and the guy I like I can't imagine has many other women interested in him.
What i am asking is, how good are the women on the market?

Old 09-30-2012, 06:38 PM

26 posts, read 47,213 times
Most of the women in dating sites fit into one of two categories:

1. Party girls who just want a constant string of attention from the hottest guys they can get; and
2. Ex-party girls, often with kids, who now want a guy to marry them and provide financial security long-term.

The only women who don't fall into either of those two categories are women restricted by their environments or lifestyles--i.e., from a small town, or has hectic career hours, or constantly travels. There are a very small number of women who join on a whim or at the prompting of a friend. Those are the best ones, because they don't fit into any of the above categories. They are super rare, though, and may not check their accounts much even when you do find them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships