Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2012, 07:32 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
A lot of the men go onto the sites with 'pre-set' ideas about the women who use the sites. One man had the nerve to start telling me about 'well the women that usually use dating sites are XYZ' -- yet he's on the same site looking to get dates from women. Also many of them were balding, fat and had no jobs but wanted to knock the women on there. they're nothing but hypocrites.
Well, I've honestly have no idea what to expect about the women on the online market, so howbout you describe it for me. From what I've seen on this threaf, the men look pretty darn undesirable, making me stand out... or does it? Or can i expect just as a poor market for women?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2012, 07:34 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,151,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
From what I've seen on this threaf, the men look pretty darn undesirable

Oh. Trust me, they are.

Old 09-30-2012, 07:38 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:
Well, I've honestly have no idea what to expect about the women on the online market, so howbout you describe it for me. From what I've seen on this threaf, the men look pretty darn undesirable, making me stand out... or does it? Or can i expect just as a poor market for women?

Don't 'expect' anything. I went on there and naively expected the men to be decent in speaking to me (as if this was going to differ from what they do IRL, well it didn't). Go on there and look for yourself what kind of women and/or men are on there. Not every man or woman on the dating sites is an ugly or less than the people who get dates without those sites.

Old 09-30-2012, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle Oh Elle View Post
Oh. Trust me, they are.
What about the other way around?

Id like to date compatible women, but my time is limited. Which is why I'm considering online...
Can't find my type that's single in real life for some reason....

Old 09-30-2012, 07:44 PM

691 posts, read 1,427,040 times
Quote:
What about the other way around?

Id like to date compatible women, but my time is limited. Which is why I'm considering online...
Can't find my type that's single in real life for some reason....
The women are all perfect and have no flaws. Everything is the fault of men.

Old 09-30-2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
Nice, but not accurate. A lot of girls still use men for their money.

Old 09-30-2012, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
Somehow i don't believe that, i am a bit leery of absolutes...

Old 09-30-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle Oh Elle View Post
Nice, but not accurate. A lot of girls still use men for their money.
Although I have a job, I'm a bit poor, being a student. I'm going to be in the same situation in grad school. Id be interested in women on campus, but they seem to be too immature for my liking...

Old 09-30-2012, 08:24 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,958,706 times
Quote:
Although I have a job, I'm a bit poor, being a student. I'm going to be in the same situation in grad school. Id be interested in women on campus, but they seem to be too immature for my liking...
If you are in college, I really recommend you meet women in college IRL. Unless you are much older then the rest of the 'typical' student body age group.
Online dating really isnt much different than dating IRL. In fact, I think it is more difficult, even though it is 'easy' to click on any of the profiles and try to meet someone.

After a while, it really gets old, and honestly, it kinda seems like not many people are taking online dating seriously. I imagine if you meet someone you click with its cool, but... good luck.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
If you are in college, I really recommend you meet women in college IRL. Unless you are much older then the rest of the 'typical' student body age group.
Online dating really isnt much different than dating IRL. In fact, I think it is more difficult, even though it is 'easy' to click on any of the profiles and try to meet someone.

After a while, it really gets old, and honestly, it kinda seems like not many people are taking online dating seriously. I imagine if you meet someone you click with its cool, but... good luck.
Yep, but at that stage of your life everything is difficult. From my experiences, people in college are too busy with their own personal lives, jobs, and families to make new friends, much less a relationship. One of my classmates from HS managed to snag a girl from his CC class, I'm not sure how he did it but they ended up with something serious (albeit brief) and lost their virginities to each other in early twenties when no one thought they were ever gonna do anything like that in their lives. As a matter of fact, some said he might be gay.

They are serious in the sense that they cannot stop talking to you. Otherwise, yeah.

Even dorming together, a lot of people have no interest in going out and socializing and just quietly keep to themselves. The only exception I can see is if you're extremely polite and try to talk about current events, books, movies, and the like with people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships