Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2012, 01:43 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
yes, I realized that as well and I was in my early 20s when I first tried it and my late 20s when I last tried it. I'm 32 now. The men treated the online dating like a 'free-for-all' opportunity to hook up with really young girls. They really don't value women over 25 for anything serious and from what I seen that goes across all ages of men. I beleive the really young men like 21, 25 years old that message these older women are just looking for sexual conquests with old women...they don't have good intentions. You had the young men contacting the younger women and then you had the old, middle aged men doing the exact same thing. So that leaves a huge void. The nasty and belittling messages they send doesn't help their case. I only did it when they did it to me otherwise, why bother? Isn't the point of those sites to get dates? Not pis* them off....I agree, I don't know why they think they're entitled to 22 year olds if they're 45, 50 and older. LOL. Massive egos, that's my guess.

how did you end up doing with those sites and what about currently?
Please tell me, what are people in their 20's are supposed to do if they want a solid relationship?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 01:45 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Please tell me, what are people in their 20's are supposed to do if they want a solid relationship?

I could never get the question answered for myself, I can't help you with it, LOL. *shrugs* All I ever got were offers for ONS or 'fast hookups' from the online dating sites. I didn't find one guy on there interested in actual dates (at least not with me).

Old 10-01-2012, 01:53 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times
Quote:
I could never get the question answered for myself, I can't help you with it, LOL. *shrugs* All I ever got were offers for ONS or 'fast hookups' from the online dating sites. I didn't find one guy on there interested in actual dates (at least not with me).
The stuff I have to deal with, sigh....

Do you know anything about the guys that were interested in a relationship with other people (not you)?

Do you know if others like you are still out there?

Old 10-01-2012, 01:57 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
It is possible to find a young person around your age that wants a solid relationship. In spite of what you see on TV or read about, all 20 something's are not out sleeping around, going clubbing and popping X. Plenty of women your age are looking for serious boyfriends. Now you may have to dig a little deeper to get those women to believe you are serious, because unfortunately there are a lot of young jaded women out there who believe every guy that talks to them is just trying to get into their pants. But it seems like you are a patient guy, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:04 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
Quote:
yes, I realized that as well and I was in my early 20s when I first tried it and my late 20s when I last tried it. I'm 32 now. The men treated the online dating like a 'free-for-all' opportunity to hook up with really young girls. They really don't value women over 25 for anything serious and from what I seen that goes across all ages of men. I beleive the really young men like 21, 25 years old that message these older women are just looking for sexual conquests with old women...they don't have good intentions. You had the young men contacting the younger women and then you had the old, middle aged men doing the exact same thing. So that leaves a huge void. The nasty and belittling messages they send doesn't help their case. I only did it when they did it to me otherwise, why bother? Isn't the point of those sites to get dates? Not pis* them off....I agree, I don't know why they think they're entitled to 22 year olds if they're 45, 50 and older. LOL. Massive egos, that's my guess.

how did you end up doing with those sites and what about currently?
I stopped doing online dating because of it. I tried a few paid sites like Match and Catholic Match and while these had more serious guys, I also found many men wanting younger. There is a forum at CM (not sure about Match)and all these 40 year old men and older would state they would only date women in theor 20s and early 30s because of babies. Ridiculous because older men have sexual issues too so why would a younger woman want to deal with that? The free sites like POF and DateHookup and OkCupid I found a lot of guys wanting sex only (not a lot of relationship quality men on the free sites).

Old 10-01-2012, 02:46 PM

15 posts, read 128,032 times
if you are a guy, YOU NEED TO SEND OUT A LOT OF MESSAGES, average looking women there have sky high standards

Old 10-01-2012, 03:01 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,358 times
Out of curiosity, for those of you who found your current spouse or have friends/relatives who met your/their spouse online, how long ago did you meet? I know a few people who met their current spouses online, but they met over 5 years ago. I have several friends who have or had online profiles but only one couple met online and is getting married that has met within the last 5 years (they met about 2 years ago). I've heard several success stories, but not very many I'd consider recent. In fact, I was recently told by a friend I need to get back online and had to give it at least a year before giving up. It seems to me online dating used to be a great way for potentially meeting your spouse but that trend has changed.

I've been told by several male friends pretty much the only thing I have going against me when it comes to dating is I'm over 35-like I can control when I was born! I've been told this more so than me being widowed will kick me out of the dating pool for about 90-95% of men in the 30-45 age range I desire.

Old 10-01-2012, 03:07 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Out of curiosity, for those of you who found your current spouse or have friends/relatives who met your/their spouse online, how long ago did you meet? I know a few people who met their current spouses online, but they met over 5 years ago. I have several friends who have or had online profiles but only one couple met online and is getting married that has met within the last 5 years (they met about 2 years ago). I've heard several success stories, but not very many I'd consider recent. In fact, I was recently told by a friend I need to get back online and had to give it at least a year before giving up. It seems to me online dating used to be a great way for potentially meeting your spouse but that trend has changed.

I've been told by several male friends pretty much the only thing I have going against me when it comes to dating is I'm over 35-like I can control when I was born! I've been told this more so than me being widowed will kick me out of the dating pool for about 90-95% of men in the 30-45 age range I desire.
I met my current man online, probably about 6 months ago now.

I am 47, the age is on my profile, I get loads of requests. BF is 40 and has never been married but does have a little girl with an ex.

I've said before that there seems to be more single older men in Australia who are actively looking for a partner, than there is in the States.

I have no clue why, maybe it's because of the bible belt mentality....a lot of your guys online are still married and looking for a bit on the side.

Down here it is becoming increasingly rare to meet ANYONE who has been married for longer than 10 years. Most people have divorced by 40 or so.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:34 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
Quote:

I don't know if you have kids or not but have heard that childless women in that age range are even more worthless to these guys. I can't help I am childless but the guys I desire (childless)often want kids and with my age there is not a guarantee. I actually call bs on this because birth is never a guarantee and these men have just as much to blame themselves as they do me.

If this guy I like isn't interested I am completely done with ever dating. It'll just prove to me that I am destined to be alone and I have to accept it. Online failed big time.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:21 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:

My husband and I met on match.com a little over seven years ago, and got married ten months later. I was 42 and he was 47 when we met. We are very happy together.

By the way, he was a little freaked out by our five year age difference. He thought I might be a little too young for him (which was, of course, ridiculous but sort of cute). He was completely UNINTERESTED in younger women, and it's not that he couldn't have dated them - he was (and still is) very good looking, in good shape, with a head full of hair, a fantastic smile, the most gorgeous blue eyes you ever saw, and a great job. Terrific sense of humor, and very intelligent and witty. I was THRILLED when we met - and apparently the feeling was mutual, because from that first date on, neither of us ever looked at another person again. It was instant monogamy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships