Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2012, 03:00 PM

1,327 posts, read 3,178,428 times

Advertisements

Oh yeah funny story ... I created a Plenty of Fish account and all my 'matches', well I read their profiles and NONE of them appealed to me. I guess I'm pretty picky but whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 03:01 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,150,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBarney View Post
Oh, so you're an ice queen, eh? Not surprised you aren't having any luck.
I don't care if you're surprised or not, haha. I'm pretty sure those sites aren't for me. Would you sleep with a disrespectful shirtless guy who can't even settle on a time? He offered me $500 but only after our session, and a Tumblr girl wrote, "What the ___ is that? If he said he would pay me afterwards, I'd laugh in his face. He seems to be ripping you off, and he's egotistical." She's a sugar baby, so that says a lot.

Old 08-30-2012, 03:18 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,118,845 times
I've opened up a few profiles on these dating sites, (e-harmony, match, whatever) and I would get one out of these 3 responses when I'd send emails.

A) no response
B) email back and forth a few times and she would stop responding
C) She closed her account.

Needless to say, I'm not discouraged; but perhaps I should try more face to face meetings rather than looking to a computer to meet people.

Old 08-30-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
I've opened up a few profiles on these dating sites, (e-harmony, match, whatever) and I would get one out of these 3 responses when I'd send emails.

A) no response
B) email back and forth a few times and she would stop responding
C) She closed her account.

Needless to say, I'm not discouraged; but perhaps I should try more face to face meetings rather than looking to a computer to meet people.
Yeah, definitely. I don't think it's exclusively limited to dating sites, though. When I tried to message people regarding tutoring opportunities, all of them gave me A. Only one girl did B, and she ended up saying something along the lines of, "Thank you for the offer, I'm going to talk to my friend and respond to your message." Two and a half months later, I deleted my account because she never responded to me.

I spoke to the Tumblr girl about it, and she said, "Hmm, what have you been saying to them? Not all of mine responded, but 80% of them did." Probably, some people are luckier than others. I was a lot younger than the other girls, I wrote of my interests, I sent polite messages BSing the other guy's interests, but I couldn't get much.

Old 08-30-2012, 03:42 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,611,913 times
Well, I had a little back and forth going with a guy over the past few days and it was going well. I've been busy with some school stuff and didn't log in for the past 2 or so days, but logged in just now.

19 messages. All from him in the past 2 days, the last two berating me for 'ignoring him'.

Lovely.

Old 08-30-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Well, I had a little back and forth going with a guy over the past few days and it was going well. I've been busy with some school stuff and didn't log in for the past 2 or so days, but logged in just now.

19 messages. All from him in the past 2 days, the last two berating me for 'ignoring him'.

Lovely.
You gotta be careful with that. I spent some time away from the computer while leaving a conversation open with one of the three guys. I last responded on Friday and by the time I got back to him on Monday morning, he was a mentally ill man who slammed me with, "...what took you so long to write back? I answered you one whole week ago." Umm, no. More like one weekend ago.

Then when you don't answer them, most of them continually ask you other questions or they will insist that you speak to them the whole day or ask you why you don't answer them. No thanks. I stopped responding after a good two hours to one of them and he kept bugging me, "Hey, I keep writing you. Why don't you write back to me? Hello?"

The Tumblr girl said, "Yeah, these men are clingy and annoying. Oh, well." Her friend wrote that the point is to have uniqueness you wouldn't encounter IRL, but I just can't handle it.

Old 08-30-2012, 03:53 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,118,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle Oh Elle View Post
You gotta be careful with that. I spent some time away from the computer while leaving a conversation open with one of the three guys. I last responded on Friday and by the time I got back to him on Monday morning, he was a mentally ill man who slammed me with, "...what took you so long to write back? I answered you one whole week ago." Umm, no. More like one weekend ago.

Then when you don't answer them, most of them continually ask you other questions or they will insist that you speak to them the whole day or ask you why you don't answer them. No thanks. I stopped responding after a good two hours to one of them and he kept bugging me, "Hey, I keep writing you. Why don't you write back to me? Hello?"

The Tumblr girl said, "Yeah, these men are clingy and annoying. Oh, well." Her friend wrote that the point is to have uniqueness you wouldn't encounter IRL, but I just can't handle it.
That's alittle to much "uniqueness" for my taste. I couldn't deal with a clingy chick.

Old 08-30-2012, 03:57 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,156,463 times
Tumblr......lawl.

Old 08-30-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Tumblr......lawl.
She's a college girl who needed to pay for her rent, new boob job, and new college tuition. She doesn't live here though, she lives in Texas. Considering her young age and the lack of resources for sugar babies... That's good for her. She's not alone, there's at least 80 other girls on the site all living sugar baby lives and they all know each other.

Old 08-30-2012, 04:01 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,156,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle Oh Elle View Post
She's a college girl who needed to pay for her rent, new boob job, and new college tuition. That's good for her.
I remember when I had my boob job. The guy messed it up and now I'm asymmetrical. Ah well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships