Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 09:20 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinmigration View Post
Popcorn please!

Next up:
1. Indian or
2. Bald

This seems to go in cycles.
And #3 and #4 are...

3. Fat
4. Broke

Old 08-29-2012, 09:24 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrguyMN View Post
Let me clarify that I'm completely comfortable with myself, etc. Don't have a problem meeting women per se. I'm not all that but pretty well rounded and have it together. Good job, own my house, fit and decent looking.

But I'm about 5'8". In the world of women and dating, do I fall under the short category? Just curious mostly.
The clarification in the first sentence rather negates the question, doesn't it.

Yes, you are way too short for anything to do with dating - at least "in the world of women and dating". It's possible that you may have more success dating men which is something you might look into but, as far as dating women is concerned, you're just a total dud of a dude and not worth a look. 5'8" - HAH! "Little People" have better dating chances than you and so do all men 5'7" and under and those 5'9" and over - but at 5'8"? Not a hope.

I'm not sure how you're going to deal with it and you might need years of therapy but, well, good luck anyway!

Old 08-29-2012, 09:39 AM

102 posts, read 162,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
The clarification in the first sentence rather negates the question, doesn't it.

Yes, you are way too short for anything to do with dating - at least "in the world of women and dating". It's possible that you may have more success dating men which is something you might look into but, as far as dating women is concerned, you're just a total dud of a dude and not worth a look. 5'8" - HAH! "Little People" have better dating chances than you and so do all men 5'7" and under and those 5'9" and over - but at 5'8"? Not a hope.

I'm not sure how you're going to deal with it and you might need years of therapy but, well, good luck anyway!
@ The bolded portion - No. The simple act of asking a question does not necessitate feelings of inadequacy.

Maybe I'll look in to leg extensions, or even stilts! Hmmm...I wonder if my benefits will cover therapy, or better yet, even FMLA for this as I need some super serial therapy. Then I could get another 12 weeks of paid vacation every year. Brilliant!

Old 08-29-2012, 09:41 AM

308 posts, read 896,923 times
5'8'' is shorter than the average, so it does shrink your potential pool of women being interested in you.

hell, I am 5'11'' and even I feel sometimes that I am on the shorter side, standing next to most of my friends. it never really bothered me. it is all in your head.

if you have confidence issues, become ripped and claim to be a former running back .

Old 08-29-2012, 09:47 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,358 times
Quote:

But I'm about 5'8". In the world of women and dating, do I fall under the short category? Just curious mostly.
Not from my perspective, but I'm only 5'4". Anything shorter than that is short.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:51 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
That's not "short" in my book. But shorter than average. I think any man who is around my height or shorter = short (i.e. 5'5ish).

As for preferences, I like men who are a few inches taller than me. And generally not skinny either. There are of course plenty od exceptions. For example, I guy I went out with in college for a bit. He was my height, really skinny (like 120), and Indian! Hahhahaha. Actaully everyone likes this guy, really handsome and lots of fun. He was (and is) popular with the ladies. We still go out as friends once and a while (he is less skinny now, he has packed on like 20-30 much needed pounds).

Attitude is way more important than height.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:58 AM

44,355 posts, read 20,059,784 times
Quote:
Let me clarify that I'm completely comfortable with myself, etc. Don't have a problem meeting women per se. I'm not all that but pretty well rounded and have it together. Good job, own my house, fit and decent looking.

Not to me. I'm only 5'2". I dated a guy a couple of years ago who was 5'3" and we were a great match, height-wise. It was so nice to have our eyes at the same level when we were standing or dancing.

My dad was 5'8", but seemed much taller than that because he was a great man.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:28 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
I wish most guys would quit complaining about 'most girls' prefer. Obviously, even if you are 5'4" there are probably literally MILLIONS of women in the US who wouldn't write you off. It's not like things will magically get way better if you were to be 5'10" or something...

Old 08-29-2012, 11:34 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I wish most guys would quit complaining about 'most girls' prefer. Obviously, even if you are 5'4" there are probably literally MILLIONS of women in the US who wouldn't write you off. It's not like things will magically get way better if you were to be 5'10" or something...
Your point is taken however anecdotal evidence - especially in regards to ANYTHING concerning the opposite sex - is very powerful indeed and cannot just merely be discarded. If that were the case, this forum would cease to exist.

Old 08-29-2012, 11:36 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,954,054 times
You're taller than my 5'2 self
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships