Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 08:56 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,601,131 times

Advertisements

Seriously what is with you guys, especially the ones on dating sites!

I get a text from a guy I went on 1 date with back in early June, about the same time I first met the BF. We were supposed to go out again but I never heard from him again. I had no idea if things were going to go anywhere with the BF, but things moved forward with the BF anyway, so it didn't matter to me at that point.

He texts me today saying "hey what happened to you, I never heard from you, I guess you're seeing someone?" You wait 3 freaking months to contact me?? WTH I didn't even have his number in my phone so I had to do the "who is this?" and he was offended I didn't remember him or have his number stored.

I also had another guy who I was talking to off Match over a year ago who was too busy to meet but would text me every 2-3 months or so just to say "hey, what's up?" I kept telling him I was dating someone to drop my number, and he would keep contacting me anyway. Finally last month I told him to just delete my number already or I will end up blocking it, and he said "ok".

People need to just stop this nonsense. Don't wait months to contact someone and then cry that they're with someone else. No one I know sits around for months waiting for someone to call.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 09:01 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,516,833 times
Wow! It's funny I am seeing this, because this is Happening to me RIGHT NOW! by 3 different women, I had went on dates with. All 3 women, said there was no connection at the time, ok cool, so I moved on. Now I have a girlfried, and all of the sudden out of nowhere these women are asking if I am single, and one is ticked that I am not. I had to even ask who they were, because I had gotten rid of their number months ago. I don't have too much of an issue of trying to catch up for old times sake, but when you expect someone to just be there for you single when you want them to be, is just crazy.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:02 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,320,068 times
Meh. I don't mind it. I'm not sitting around waiting, and I acknowledge the possibility that they may have developed a connection faster with someone else they were dating and chased that thread instead. I hit it off with a really great guy on a first date, but he'd been on several dates with another chick and they decided to become do the relationship thing. Should they break up, I'd be happy to hear from him. There's no harm in touching base just to see what someone's up to.

Though if you fade in and out of someone's life repeatedly, it's highly annoying.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:15 AM

14,727 posts, read 33,307,651 times
Yes, it's annoying. Women I grew up with who are now single moms have done that from time to time, after a decade + of not being in contact. Yeah, right ...

Old 08-29-2012, 09:19 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,803,939 times
Yeah, had one of those too. She passed me over for a 'stud' who proceeded to impregnate her AND beat her up as well. Oh, and he threw in a bit of cheating into the mix. Long story short - she called me crying, saying she was 'sorry' for treating me the way she did, she wanted to be with me, blah blah blah.

I just gave her directions and hung up.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:21 AM

399 posts, read 703,977 times
to me it sounds like they are trolling to see if you're available because they don't have any options left. JMO

Old 08-29-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylee11 View Post
to me it sounds like they are trolling to see if you're available because they don't have any options left. JMO
I thought that too, they probably have gone on dates and nothing has panned out.

Sorry, but I refuse to be someone's go to person when all else fails.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:55 AM

1,344 posts, read 4,756,010 times
Take a chill pill lady. I don't these guys were crying, although I second guess their judgement for giving someone like you a second chance...

Old 08-29-2012, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarterguy View Post
Take a chill pill lady. I don't these guys were crying, although I second guess their judgement for giving someone like you a second chance...
Thanks for the feeble attempt at an insult, but when one person decides to argue with me about being in a relationship, when he couldn't be bothered to actually try to meet me way back when, then no, that's not normal.

If you're interested you contact someone the next day or at the very least that week. Not months later and then wonder why the person doesn't remember you.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:13 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,875,114 times
I've had this problem both online and offline. Online I was talking to this guy in January, he disappeared in March or so and reappeared in July with a nasty message to boot (he accused me of lying on my profile). I then messaged him back saying he was rude and I really had no interest in chatting again and then he apologized, saying he met someone around that time, she used him so he was looking again. I blocked him. Another guy on another site would contact me, we'd chat a bit, he would say he was getting bored, disappear, then reappear. When he did reappear he would say something like he met many women who were paying for him on dates and when I said I don't pay for men on dates he would disappear again. I finally blocked him.

Offline though I would have ex boyfriends reappear years later. I had my first boyfriend reappear after 25 years and another after 20 years. I've had others re appear years later. Some would tell me they had "issues" when we broke up but felt I was the one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships