Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2012, 06:27 PM

51,953 posts, read 52,386,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is true. But also bear in mind that a lot of people have seen their paychecks cut, have to put up with furloughs, or lost their jobs and have had to take much lower-paying work. What's happening in this country is scary. On the other hand, credit cards make it too easy to avoid fiscal discipline.
I agree... I'm not talking about people who have had some major upset in their lives... that is totally understandable.

Mrs. Chow has some family members that just spend and live way way out of their league... I was talking about those types......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2012, 06:49 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,787,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
Women are full of it.

In terms of what's important to most women, it goes:

1. Looks
2. Social status/personality
3. Financial status

The only difference is that personality is very close behind looks for women whereas for men it's looks with personality very far down the latter.
I don't agree. For most women social/financial status is more important than anything else. If you are famous the rest is not important. Look at the groupies.

It goes like this for most women (always had)

1. Social and Financial status (they are almost the same)
2. Looks / personality

Women are much more practical than men.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:25 PM

354 posts, read 616,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Thats not true, I was an unemployed loser for a good while and dated a lot of beautiful women. I doubt if a man looked like a young Brad Pitt but had no job, women would be like "ew gross". Think about how many women those barely employed good looking struggling actors scored. Warren Beatty didn't bed thousands of women only because he's rich, he slept with tons of women before he was famous.

I am not talking about having one night stands. I am talking about dating. You know, relationships.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:35 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,148,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
I don't agree. For most women social/financial status is more important than anything else. If you are famous the rest is not important. Look at the groupies.

It goes like this for most women (always had)

1. Social and Financial status (they are almost the same)
2. Looks / personality

Women are much more practical than men.
From what I've seen, I agree with this.

Looks wise: you think rappers like Lil' Wayne or Rick Ross would get a fraction of the women they can get if they were your average guy? Teacher? A store manager?

Personality: a lot of musicians, including one well-known r&b artist refers to women as *****es. I'm not talking about a song, but a statement that women are just *****es. I don't know how someone can have a good personality, while having such a low opinion of women.

Yet, those guys pull hundreds and thousands more kitty than your average guy.

And don't give me this stuff about confidence and job security, that's bs. A handsome young man with a decent paying, secure job who reeks of confidence doesn't stand a chance with an ugly (looks and personality) famous millionaire a good deal of the time.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:42 PM

348 posts, read 548,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
I have to find a woman attractive in order to date her. Attractiveness is not the ONLY thing that matters to me... personality and sense of humor are very important as well. But I need to find a woman attractive, or else no matter how great her personality is, it does not really matter. Attractiveness is like a prerequisite. At the risk of sounding superficial, I think most men who are honest will admit the same.

A lot of women say that personality is the most important. So can the majority of women honestly say they would be happy with a man whose personality she likes but who she does not find physically attractive? Biologically speaking, it does not make sense to me... it would seem like women would have to be physically attracted to their mates, just as men do, in order for procreation and the human race to continue on. But yet a lot of women, both on this forum and elsewhere in life, say that personality is basically all that matters.

Any thoughts?
Rule #1: If you want to know what a woman wants, ask them, and then do the exact opposite. I'm only being semi-sarcastic.

The benefit men have is that while he can do a lot of things to make a woman dislike him, he also has a lot of leeway to get a girl to like him.

On the flip side, women have to do just a few things for a guy to be interested...be cute, in good shape, and be cool.

If you're a guy, be financially stable, be in somewhat good shape, and be assertive.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:50 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,787,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post

Looks wise: you think rappers like Lil' Wayne or Rick Ross would get a fraction of the women they can get if they were your average guy? Teacher? A store manager?

Personality: a lot of musicians, including one well-known r&b artist refers to women as *****es. I'm not talking about a song, but a statement that women are just *****es. I don't know how someone can have a good personality, while having such a low opinion of women.

And don't give me this stuff about confidence and job security, that's bs. A handsome young man with a decent paying, secure job who reeks of confidence doesn't stand a chance with an ugly (looks and personality) famous millionaire a good deal of the time.
You see women, like we all, compromise.
If you tried calling a chick ***** to her face you would get laughed at but if it was a famous rapper in a Bentley she would smile and play along...

Old 08-31-2012, 08:18 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,563,394 times
Quote:

But are those women that you're actually gonna want? I've seen some of those 'video girls' and I do know a few women who are into rappers... they aren't exactly the cream of the crop. In fact, they're usually selfish, immature and not very intelligent. They're interested in the lifestyle and will do anything they can (sleeping with them, wearing nearly nothing to get attention, acting like hoes etc.) to get that lifestyle.

Any self respecting woman wouldn't let a man call her a name and then be attracted to him. I don't care how much he makes, or what he looks like. If a man calls me a *****, I'm out.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:22 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,148,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
You see women, like we all, compromise.
If you tried calling a chick ***** to her face you would get laughed at but if it was a famous rapper in a Bentley she would smile and play along...
Facts of life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
But are those women that you're actually gonna want? I've seen some of those 'video girls' and I do know a few women who are into rappers... they aren't exactly the cream of the crop. In fact, they're usually selfish, immature and not very intelligent. They're interested in the lifestyle and will do anything they can (sleeping with them, wearing nearly nothing to get attention, acting like hoes etc.) to get that lifestyle.

Any self respecting woman wouldn't let a man call her a name and then be attracted to him. I don't care how much he makes, or what he looks like. If a man calls me a *****, I'm out.
Not interested in these women, just making observations.

I know they aren't interested in me as much as my material things or status, which is what attracted them in the first place. But from Facebook to going out socially, it's pretty sad how frequent this attitude is, even in college with student athletes.

It's hilarious when I hear some women like this complain that they can't find a good man.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:56 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,563,394 times
Quote:
Facts of life...

Not interested in these women, just making observations.

I know they aren't interested in me as much as my material things or status, which is what attracted them in the first place. But from Facebook to going out socially, it's pretty sad how frequent this attitude is, even in college with student athletes.

It's hilarious when I hear some women like this complain that they can't find a good man.
I guess I just don't see it because I surround myself with pretty great women. I rarely hear any of them complain about their man not buying them enough stuff, or that he doesn't have enough money. The ones that do...well... they aren't exactly great catches. The women I know buy themselves stuff if they want it, no guy necessary

Old 08-31-2012, 08:59 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,494,203 times
Only a few percentage of people in USA have a net asset of $1 million or more right now. It just depends on your spending lmiits and if you are happy with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Depends on what you think is financially stable... for some reason the men on this forum think this means 'wealthy'. It does not.

It means not eating cereal out of the box every night for dinner (unless you choose too) and being able to live fairly comfortably. I don't care if a guy lives with his parents (I think it's financially sound, especially if you're working your way through college or trying to save up for a down payment on a house) and I don't care if he works a lower end job. But if he's constantly broke because he spends all his money on weed and beer he's not financially stable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships