Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2012, 07:08 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,071,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
It is probably just a lie. I think that women care about looks and physical appearance even more than men do, otherwise they wouldn't invest so much time and effort into looking good.
I don't think women are as superficial when it comes to looks as men are, but they massively overrate how much they put into personality over looks. If you believe most of the women on this forum, they make it seem like a guy who lives in his mom's basement has much of a chance with a victoria secrets model as somebody like tom brady does, because of "personality".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 07:33 AM

9 posts, read 10,349 times
OP, if you're ugly, get over it.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:34 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,838,299 times
Feeling secure is important for a woman. I think thats why the status/finances are important. When it come to marriage, an average looking guy with a good job is definitely more attractive than a much more good looking guy with no job prospects. Women are physically weaker compared to men & also they have to bear children so there is this underlying fear that if a woman's health deteriorates or she has to stay home to take care of kids then a man should be able to provide for her. Its not about designer clothes or jewelry, its about long term security. Men tend to misunderstand that aspect & label women who go after status as 'gold-diggers'. Not saying that every woman has good intentions but if she is earning her own money & wants a man who earns as much or more than her, its not gold digging, its security for a good future.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asma410 View Post
Feeling secure is important for a woman. I think thats why the status/finances are important. When it come to marriage, an average looking guy with a good job is definitely more attractive than a much more good looking guy with no job prospects. Women are physically weaker compared to men & also they have to bear children so there is this underlying fear that if a woman's health deteriorates or she has to stay home to take care of kids then a man should be able to provide for her. Its not about designer clothes or jewelry, its about long term security. Men tend to misunderstand that aspect & label women who go after status as 'gold-diggers'. Not saying that every woman has good intentions but if she is earning her own money & wants a man who earns as much or more than her, its not gold digging, its security for a good future.
As a male, that was a great explanation for why you look at money and status and I have no problem with women thinking that. I think most men have a problem with women wanting to have it both ways. You have no problem looking at finances, but you have a problem when we look for a tiny waist and big boobs. Men want to procreate and were looking for the woman that is going visually stimulate us. Unfortunately, we tend not to get an erection when you look like you can play offensive tackle for the football team. Now obviously what I said is a generalization about men, we don't all go for the thin chick, but my biggest point is, if women want to look at status/finances, you lose the right to complain that we are more visual.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:25 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,154,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
As a male, that was a great explanation for why you look at money and status and I have no problem with women thinking that. I think most men have a problem with women wanting to have it both ways. You have no problem looking at finances, but you have a problem when we look for a tiny waist and big boobs. Men want to procreate and were looking for the woman that is going visually stimulate us. Unfortunately, we tend not to get an erection when you look like you can play offensive tackle for the football team. Now obviously what I said is a generalization about men, we don't all go for the thin chick, but my biggest point is, if women want to look at status/finances, you lose the right to complain that we are more visual.
Who's complaining? I know my husband first noticed me for my chest. And I know he thought I was hot. I'm not complaining - I wouldn't have it any other way!

Old 09-18-2012, 10:11 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,360,681 times
Quote:
Wait, you mean that since I take care of my own finances and maintain my health, I have YOUR PERMISSION to complain about guys being more visually oriented?

oh goodie.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Who's complaining? I know my husband first noticed me for my chest. And I know he thought I was hot. I'm not complaining - I wouldn't have it any other way!
They have enough women on this forum who complain about men only wanting thin women, weight being a deal breaker or care only about boobs or some other nonsense. My whole point is, if you want to look at status/finances that is fine, we have a right to look at waistline and boobs if we choose to.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Wait, you mean that since I take care of my own finances and maintain my health, I have YOUR PERMISSION to complain about guys being more visually oriented?

oh goodie.
Yep, you have my permission

Old 09-18-2012, 10:42 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,154,869 times
Quote:
They have enough women on this forum who complain about men only wanting thin women, weight being a deal breaker or care only about boobs or some other nonsense. My whole point is, if you want to look at status/finances that is fine, we have a right to look at waistline and boobs if we choose to.
Actually - people have a right to look at whatever they want for in a mate. If my husband only cared about my looks, he wouldn't be my husband. If I only wanted my husband for his money - he wouldn't have married me. We found the person who we felt was the total package for us. People are free to find their own total package.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Actually - people have a right to look at whatever they want for in a mate. If my husband only cared about my looks, he wouldn't be my husband. If I only wanted my husband for his money - he wouldn't have married me. We found the person who we felt was the total package for us. People are free to find their own total package.
you are right, people have a right to look for whatever they want, but if you are going to look at somebody for superficial reason, I then don't want to hear you complain when somebody is looking at you for superficial reasons. I'm not saying you did, what I'm saying is if women are going to look at a man's wallet, we every right to look at her waistline if we choose too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships