Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2012, 04:03 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,073,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
nighttrain I said women DO care about looks. I said it's not the determining factor like it is for men. If a woman was 300lbs like you used to be she would have to lose weight to get a man to even look at her let alone date her. Don't kid yourself into thinking they would 'give her a chance as is.'
I'm going to make sure I clerify my position one more time, WOMEN ARE NOT AS SUPERFICIAL AS MEN. My point is, women CARE ABOUT LOOKS WAY MORE THEN THEY WILL ADMIT. I acknowledge that if a women is 300lbs she really doesn't have shot, but women need to quit acting like they would be lining up around the corner to give that 300lb guy a chance. At best, where as a 300lb women will get 0 looks, a 300lb guy will get one, maybe two chances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 04:09 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
I'm going to make sure I clerify my position one more time, WOMEN ARE NOT AS SUPERFICIAL AS MEN. My point is, women CARE ABOUT LOOKS WAY MORE THEN THEY WILL ADMIT. I acknowledge that if a women is 300lbs she really doesn't have shot, but women need to quit acting like they would be lining up around the corner to give that 300lb guy a chance. At best, where as a 300lb women will get 0 looks, a 300lb guy will get one, maybe two chances.

I don't know where women on here said they would be lining up for unattractive men; nobody male or woman seem to line up for unattractive people.....just because women DO care doesn't mean it's the top priority like it is for men. I'm sorry this is just not true and b/c you're a man once again you think women think the same way on this as you all do. It's hard for you to fathom a woman NOT making his looks the no. 1 criteria because that's not something a man would ever consider dropping down the list 1 or 2 spots.

the only thing I was trying to convey was that last line of what you wrote.

Old 09-18-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Oh, no, not another one of these "women lie about their true preferences" or "women don't know their own minds" guys.

Most of the men here post that looks are the most important thing, everyone wants 9's and 10's for gf's. With all due respect, nighttrain, you aren't around here much (unless you do a lot of lurking without posting), so you don't seem to be aware of the trends in the posts here. Anyway, I think the topic has already been adequately covered on this thread. Looks and height are definitely important for some women, no argument there, but taken as a whole, personality and character are more important to women, and override average or below-average looks. And some of the guys here have posted they feel the same, but they're in the minority.
First of, this subject is never truly adequately covered, its a debate that will continue long after you and I are gone. Second, its my opinion thats based of my experiences much like your opinion is based of your experiences. I've personally seen women do back flips to be with an attractive guy and is more willing to forgive any faults he has, and overweight guys like I used to be going home empty. Than I lost weight and all of sudden you would have thought I was tom brady or some male model. I think that women care more about looks, you don't, thats your opinion. Neither one is more factual or accurate than the other.

Old 09-18-2012, 04:11 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Theyres no evidence that looks are less important to women most couples you see in real life are pretty evnely matched..

Online women are much more shallow then Men becasue they have more options..If youre not really good looking and/or under 5'10 online dating is a waste of time for men

Old 09-18-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Theyres no evidence that looks are less important to women most couples you see in real life are pretty evnely matched..

Online women are much more shallow then Men becasue they have more options..If youre not really good looking and/or under 5'10 online dating is a waste of time for men
um. it's a waste of time for women too if you're not that good looking. the men sit and scroll through the pics and choose to contact/respond back to the best looking women on there, bypassing maybe a 6 or 7 because they want that all important 9 or 10! I don't beleive most even read the womens' profiles.

Old 09-18-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I don't know where women on here said they would be lining up for unattractive men; nobody male or woman seem to line up for unattractive people.....just because women DO care doesn't mean it's the top priority like it is for men. I'm sorry this is just not true and b/c you're a man once again you think women think the same way on this as you all do. It's hard for you to fathom a woman NOT making his looks the no. 1 criteria because that's not something a man would ever consider dropping down the list 1 or 2 spots.

the only thing I was trying to convey was that last line of what you wrote.
did I ever say women think like men? I'm simply giving my opinion based of what i've seen and experienced. i've seen women in their 30's act like little schoolgirls when they are around an attractive guy and eats up whatever crap he is telling them. I've seen how women treat fat guys and good looking guys. Those are my experiences just like you formed your experiences about men. Its my opinion that if looks isn't number 1, its definitely 1B. Thats what I've seen.

Old 09-18-2012, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post

Thats what I pretty much how I feel, but the minute you say that, you'll get the post from a woman who has 10 friends that are supermodels and are married to ugly ducklings to prove you wrong.

Old 09-18-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
did I ever say women think like men? I'm simply giving my opinion based of what i've seen and experienced. i've women in their 30's act like little schoolgirls when they are around an attractive guy and eats up whatever crap he is telling them. I've how women treat fat guys and good looking guys. Those are my experiences just like you formed your experiences about men. Its my opinion that if looks isn't number 1, its definitely 1B. Thats what I've seen.

No you didn't say women think like men. I said men think women think like them.

And I'm giving you my opinion based on my own life and what I seen from other women as well. You've seen women like like school girls around good looking men and I've heard men call unattractive women names to their face (namely me ), JetJockey has also experienced this among other things. We could go back and forth about what men do to women and vice versa, but just so you know I will NEVER be sold on this idea that 'men are more kinder unattractive women' then the reverse. Yea right. You know how women treat fat guys and I know how guys treat unattractive women.

Old 09-18-2012, 04:25 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
First of, this subject is never truly adequately covered, its a debate that will continue long after you and I are gone. Second, its my opinion thats based of my experiences much like your opinion is based of your experiences. I've personally seen women do back flips to be with an attractive guy and is more willing to forgive any faults he has, and overweight guys like I used to be going home empty. Than I lost weight and all of sudden you would have thought I was tom brady or some male model. I think that women care more about looks, you don't, thats your opinion. Neither one is more factual or accurate than the other.
My main point, NT, as I've posted here several times, is that for a lot of women (see earlier parts of this thread), personality can and does override looks. I think, generally speaking, that's less true of men. Many on this forum have said so. The one exception that most of the guys agree on is if a plain-looking woman is a firecracker in bed. Then they're willing to overlook plain looks. But I don't see guys rushing out to date 5's or 4's to enjoy the fringe benefits. They go for the 9's and 10's, then come here to complain about women who only want sex once/week.

btw, I'm happy for you, congrats on the weight loss!

Old 09-18-2012, 04:28 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Quote:
did I ever say women think like men? I'm simply giving my opinion based of what i've seen and experienced. i've seen women in their 30's act like little schoolgirls when they are around an attractive guy and eats up whatever crap he is telling them. I've seen how women treat fat guys and good looking guys. Those are my experiences just like you formed your experiences about men. Its my opinion that if looks isn't number 1, its definitely 1B. Thats what I've seen.
I agree ive seen women oggle over good looking guys and laughat anyhtin gthey say.. and these are women in their 30's not schoolgrils

I have a single good looking guy in my social circle and the married women in the group openly flirt with him..its classless and creepy..if it was the other way around and a guy did it he be called a creep or jerk..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships