Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2012, 02:27 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Looks may not matter to the women you date, but they certainly matter to this chick and many others!
At least she is honest. Are good looks more important to you than a guy being a provider? I know in this age where women work for her own money she can cut a guy loose and support herself, I know a few women like this especially single mom types who feel entitled to have a good looking man or a man with the full package.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 05:21 PM

630 posts, read 1,048,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Unless you are online dating looks mean very little to almost all women on this globe. Its all about males behavior and how he makes her feel. The simple reason for that is our nature. Men value looks above all else, because they unconsciously equate youth and beauty with ability to bear children, while women value behavior becasue they seek a provider and protector for her and her family. If both men and women were able to get pregnant, looks would matter for both genders. You've been enlightened.
LOL!!! something tells me you're just trying to reassure yourself. Thanks for the lolz though!!
How can you sit there and enlighten us on what matters to ALL women on this GLOBE?! That right there kills your credibility buddy. And this seek a provider and protector for her family shenanigan isn't as important a priority as it once was with women entering the workforce now.

Last edited by laurenaus; 09-20-2012 at 05:34 PM..

Old 09-20-2012, 08:39 PM

132 posts, read 176,095 times
Looks are far more important to women. You'll find many more single, lonely and depressed single males than females. Life is cruel to men. That's why so many more kill themselves.

Old 09-21-2012, 12:45 PM

92 posts, read 108,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Men don't care how a woman looks (fat, ugly, old, past her prime, etc.).
Are you talking about blind men?

Old 09-21-2012, 01:13 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,275,921 times
Looks matter to women as much as a woman's degree and economic status matters to men...they do but not so much. The other way around? yup.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:18 AM

92 posts, read 108,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Looks matter
Unfortunately, youthful good looks will eventually fade. And then what?

Old 09-22-2012, 10:16 PM

11 posts, read 14,425 times
Physical attractiveness counts of course. I have to be attracted to him physically as well, but it's not the most important factor esp. now that I'm older and after my soon to be ex. I married a man who was as handsome as they come. But...he thought he was above everyone due to his looks. He was verbally abusive to me, esp. about my looks. I clearly did not know the real him until after we got married. Now, I would actually prefer someone who is not too handsome in the looks department.

Old 09-22-2012, 11:05 PM

120 posts, read 211,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mörkrädd View Post
Looks are far more important to women. You'll find many more single, lonely and depressed single males than females. Life is cruel to men. That's why so many more kill themselves.
Man I could not agree with this post any more. Life is so very cruel to some men but so very blossom to others

Old 09-22-2012, 11:18 PM

137 posts, read 192,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Man I could not agree with this post any more. Life is so very cruel to some men but so very blossom to others
Life is only cruel to the men that don't go after what they want. I would never trade being a man for being a woman.

NOT EVEN FOR ALL THE TEA IN CHINA!!!

Old 09-22-2012, 11:33 PM

120 posts, read 211,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2012 View Post
Life is only cruel to the men that don't go after what they want.
Many men do indeed go after what they want but they always fail miserably. The cold truth is that not everyone can get what he wants.

That's life and you cannot always get what you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships