Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2012, 11:36 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,861,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Just look at the height threads on here literally 99% of the women refuse to date Men under like 5'10" how can anyone say with a straight face that men are so much more shallow then women
99%? Really? Oddly enough...most of the long term couples/married people I know all have men under 5'10. It is really interesting...... I mean considering the "shorties" are so undesirable and all.

It would be a lot more interesting to break out this so called short myth by height range. Like:
men under 5'0. Men from like 5''0 to 5'3. Men from 5'3 or 5'6 (average height of an american woman). Men from 5'6 to 5'9 (average height for an american man). Then 5'9 to 6'0 or so (slightly taller than the average american man).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 11:40 AM

5,323 posts, read 6,099,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
99%? Really? Oddly enough...most of the long term couples/married people I know all have men under 5'10. It is really interesting...... I mean considering the "shorties" are so undesirable and all.

It would be a lot more interesting to break out this so called short myth by height range. Like:
men under 5'0. Men from like 5''0 to 5'3. Men from 5'3 or 5'6 (average height of an american woman). Men from 5'6 to 5'9 (average height for an american man). Then 5'9 to 6'0 or so (slightly taller than the average american man).
Im just going by here whenever the height threads come up[which is a lot] u can count on one hand the amount of women who say they want men under 5'10[which is average male height]

You can say online women are more shallow or talk about their ideal or dream preference more but as a short guy it does get discouraging reading these threads

Old 09-26-2012, 11:59 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,397,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Long after we broke up, my favorite ex started dating a 19-year-old. He was 32 at the time, and had done a lot of living. The man had scars, broken bones, and aches and pains out the wazoo. He was totally enchanted with the 19-year-old for the first 2 weeks, but the only reason he was really interested in her in the first place was her amazing IQ. He had gorgeous women under 22 hitting on him all the time, and never bothered to hit any of that. So for two weeks he raved about the hotness of a brilliant 19-year-old. During week 3, he broke up with her. Apparently, the issue of maturity was a major one despite her brilliance, and really, he just felt more comfortable with a woman whose body had a little more wear and tear on it like his.

So not all guys are like you and your friends. The last two men I was with were in their 40s. Both of them were decidedly uninterested in women under the age of 30. I'm 35, but look younger. The relief expressed by one of them when I gently let him know how old I really was (not 27) was genuine.
sorry but im in my mid 20s and would never date a girl really under 22, i cant imagine a 32 year old guy having anything in common with a 19 year old or having similar maturity levels. Plus i find that creepy that a 32 year old is going for girls that young

Old 09-26-2012, 12:05 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToHaveALife View Post
why should i not take rejection personally? why is that? why is it wrong to get mad at a person for rejecting you?
That's a good way to go through life mad all the time. Rejection is routine, it's ordinary. Everyone is looking for a certain type, and you're not going to be a lot of people's type. Every day, every week, people are scanning for someone interesting, weeding and sifting through the dozens of possibilities, and passing 90% of them by, looking for that certain set of qualities that appeals to them. Why would you get angry just because you don't fit someone's type? You don't fit most people's type, few of us do. What's the big deal?

Old 09-26-2012, 12:08 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,796,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
sorry but im in my mid 20s and would never date a girl really under 22, i cant imagine a 32 year old guy having anything in common with a 19 year old or having similar maturity levels. Plus i find that creepy that a 32 year old is going for girls that young
First of all some people are more mature some less regardless of age.
A 19 yo girl who spent her youth taking care of here three siblings because her mom passed away is going to be more mature than most 30yo girls who still live with their parents. I have seen it.

Most importalty at your age we all liked older women but it all changes once you hit 30-35 and realize that looking for a friend amongst women you date is pointless.

Old 09-26-2012, 12:20 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That's a good way to go through life mad all the time. Rejection is routine, it's ordinary. Everyone is looking for a certain type, and you're not going to be a lot of people's type. Every day, every week, people are scanning for someone interesting, weeding and sifting through the dozens of possibilities, and passing 90% of them by, looking for that certain set of qualities that appeals to them. Why would you get angry just because you don't fit someone's type? You don't fit most people's type, few of us do. What's the big deal?
Well, in all fairness, if he is being rejected consistently for his looks by many different 'types' of women then it really isn't that outrageous for him to harbor some anger/bitterness. He probably is wondering what exactly it is about him looks-wise that is so repulsive to EVERYONE. He is human, after all, right?

Old 09-26-2012, 02:05 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
That would be a different matter, Rabbit. WantToHaveALife, I thought, was talking about being angry at being rejected by
someone", one person. I don't think he was raising the issue of chronic, unremitting rejection.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:40 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,307,238 times
Your all set, if you have a big wad in your pants and a big wad in your pocket. That simple!

Old 09-26-2012, 02:54 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,606,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
i guess it's because i haven't had any past success, most people are confident because of past success with things, like a lot of guys use this to get over rejection with a girl, they are like saying to themselves "oh well, i've gotten laid before, at least i've had a girl"

Old 09-26-2012, 02:58 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,796,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToHaveALife View Post
i guess it's because i haven't had any past success, most people are confident because of past success with things, like a lot of guys use this to get over rejection with a girl, they are like saying to themselves "oh well, i've gotten laid before, at least i've had a girl"
Guy to guy advice? Build your confidence with so-so girls and go up the ladder. Just don't fall in love out of loneliness
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships