Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2012, 05:53 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
W. Perhaps he should try women who are closer to his own height.
I dsnt know the biggest heightists are usually small women in the 5'2-5'5 range
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 05:54 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Why would a guy who is 5'7 go after a woman who is 6'1? That looks incredibly awkward. Of course he is going to get shot down. Perhaps he should try women who are closer to his own height.
Seriously? This coming from you? That's rich.

Old 09-26-2012, 05:59 PM

499 posts, read 756,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I dsnt know the biggest heightists are usually small women in the 5'2-5'5 range
My observation also (IRL and OL). But not all are. But many are! They can "afford" to be choosy, that's why. Think about it. I remember I went to a store and a woman (5'2ish) had her boyfriend next to her (5'11ish). She was okay looking but I wasn't looking at her like that. Her man stood next to her and she gave me that look that women do like "here is my man look how big he is". I can't describe it, but most short men get it when I tell them this.

I gave her this look like "gtfoh I just want a sandwhich, not you, you're not all that and no I don't want you" lollllllll.

Eye + Body language goes very far because when I gave her that look she got back into form. Her man didn't have that much of a catch.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:02 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
Nope I'm not. I do very well with dating and I'd say I have a 90% success rate with who I ask out. I had a few dates with 5'9 and 5'11 earlier this year also. I don't discriminate on height. I've never asked out a woman above 6' because I automatically think they wouldn't be interested, but I haven't had a woman over 6' ask me out either.

The 5'9 and 5'11 women asked me out (and online too ha!).
He often do you get asked out?

Old 09-26-2012, 06:05 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
Well, I'm sure those are things you can work on, but being comfortable with who you are (which you appear to be) is #1. I've dated women who others think are "below average", but when it comes to that, I could care less what others think. If "I" see someone who "I" like, me liking them is all that matters.
Nope, I have surgery scars and a genetic disorder that I'll have to receive treatment for for the rest of my life. Most men run screaming when they find out about medical issues, unfortunately, and I don't really blame them.

The odds are really stacked against me, moreso than 'average' daters.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:05 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Seriously? This coming from you? That's rich.
yes it's coming from me. I don't know why any guy who is 5'7 would approach a woman who towers over him. of course he's gonna get shot down.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:06 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
yes it's coming from me. I don't know why any guy who is 5'7 would approach a woman who towers over him. of course he's gonna get shot down.
I wouldn't shoot him down, neither would my 6' tall best friend.

Unless he's a jerk or acting obnoxious.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
He often do you get asked out?
I'm not playing this up like I'm Vin Diesel or Derek Jeter, so please don't misinterpret this as ego or anything. I get asked out and flirted with enough. Probably definitely do not get asked out as much as a 6'er, but I do well. A few times a month. I've gone out many times to clubs (which are definitely a tall man's domain) and have had women come up to me (at least once or twice every other time I go out). It helps that I can dance also. I keep myself in good shape, dress nice and know how to have conversation.

I have women who flirt with me regularly at work and in social circles.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Nope, I have surgery scars and a genetic disorder that I'll have to receive treatment for for the rest of my life. Most men run screaming when they find out about medical issues, unfortunately, and I don't really blame them.

The odds are really stacked against me, moreso than 'average' daters.
I'm sorry to hear that. A friend of mine who is 4'11 was dating a guy who was 6'9 for a while. She would brag about his height and the size of his "little friend". She later told me he had tourrets but under control. Reminds you that the people you think have it "the best" have issues of their own.

There was this guy in my college was about 5' even who had a lazy eye. Women would treat him like dirt, laugh at him and taunt him. I wonder how that guy is doing now. People can be cruel. No guy asks to be short. It's genetic like skin color.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:10 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,782 times
Quote:
Why would a guy who is 5'7 go after a woman who is 6'1? That looks incredibly awkward. Of course he is going to get shot down. Perhaps he should try women who are closer to his own height.
Nothing is guaranteed but you never know.

I personally want women shorter than me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships