Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 08:19 PM

766 posts, read 1,658,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I tend to agree.

And this is why casually dating multiple people at once usually backfires.
So even if you aren't in a committed relationship you can only date 1 person at a time? That's a whole other topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 08:20 PM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caesarsgirl79 View Post
So even if you aren't in a committed relationship you can only date 1 person at a time? That's a whole other topic.
No, but when you sit around lonely wondering why people aren't texting back, it's probably because they are dating other people too.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
No, but when you sit around lonely wondering why people aren't texting back, it's probably because they are dating other people too.
Maybe....They can date other people if they want to. No commitments here.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
No commitments here.
Well then, there's your answer.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:32 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,127,760 times
Quote:
No, I really wasn't thinking that at all. I was actually overall feeling positive. It wasn't until Monday afternoon that I started thinking that's strange I haven't heard anything back from Raymond. I was kind of annoyed about Dylan, but I was like whatever...After Monday, I noticed that this has become a pattern.
?
It's not a pattern. The only one of the three you could say ditched you is Raymond who slept over and then didn't answer your text after three days.

The other two did not ditch you. In fact, if anyone ditched anyone else, you are the one who ditched Jared. I mean, really --- he asked you out, you said no, and now you are on here complaining that HE ditched you?

Old 08-29-2012, 08:34 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,723,689 times
Quote:
I am not committed to anyone.
Ok. So then why are you even worried about any of them not texting you back? You're not as cool about this as you want to believe.

Quote:
They can date who ever they want to date. How am I playing them off each other? I really don't see what the issue is.
You have 3 men that you're juggling and based on the reaction(s) you receive from either guy you proceed to the next guy. That's how you're playing you're them off of each other. We all do it at some point. Just don't try to act like you're all innocent.

Quote:
I didn't know it wasn't acceptable to date more than one person at a time????
Who said that it wasn't acceptable? See, you're letting your emotions get involved and you're reading too much into what I wrote and into these guys not responding. You can date as many men as you want to at one time. Just be aware that men pick up on these things and you'll be treated accordingly.

Quote:
Ray: There was no smashing. I did not have sex with Ray.
There wasn't? Hmmm. Could that be why he didn't hit you back with a text? I'm honestly asking for your opinion. You may not have had sex but something had to have went done.

Quote:
Dylan: So, I wasn't supposed to go out with him and I had known Ray for maybe 2 weeks?
Again, who said that you weren't supposed to go out with him? He did the fade and now you're complaining that he didn't text you back. All that I said is that he and the other guys were only doing what they figured they could get away with based on how you present yourself.

Quote:
Jared: We have mutual friends and I know for a fact he's dating other people. We haven't even gone out ourselves.
So why do you care that he hasn't hit you up? You're asking if you need to examine yourself. Well, maybe you do after you complain about not hearing from these guy and you go on about how it's not all that serious, like you really don't care. In reality you do care. You're just trying to convince yourself that you're so cool that it's nothing to you.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
You can date as many men as you want to at one time. Just be aware that men pick up on these things and you'll be treated accordingly.

caesarsgirl, I'm not giving you crap or trying to make you feel bad, but it is true ^ that guys tend to pick up on these things. And it's not so much they pick up on you dating more than one person, but more so the lack of interest in developing a more serious/intimate relationship with them.

This can only go on but for so long....

Even if it's all understood, just casual, no commitments, still- eventually one of those people will move on to find someone else who will reciprocate. (Even your accepting a date with the 2nd and 3rd guy indicates you were still looking past Ray anyways. Nothing wrong with that! )

Old 08-29-2012, 10:48 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,336 times
Quote:
I posted on here some months back that I met this guy (Raymond) at the end of June. We have been dating since July. He's cool, fun to hang out with but nothing I have thought of too seriously. It's been a busy summer, but with the exception of 1 week we normally talk/text almost daily. Well this weekend he ends up staying over Saturday and went home Sunday night. I thought we had a really nice fun weekend. I can honestly say I liked him a lot more after this weekend. Well Monday morning he had a job interview so I sent him a text and wishing him well and never heard a thing back. I find it strange that it's almost Thursday and he still never responded.

Okay, well back in July my friend decides she wants to hook me up with this guy (Dylan) that lives in her complex. She describes him to me and I realize that I think I may know him (well kind of). He works at a store I used to go to a lot. When we exchanged pics were definitely recognized each other. Since then we have only gone out once. He did ask a couple of other times, but I just had a lot going on. Whenever I would suggest something else he couldn't, wouldn't whatever. I hadn't heard from him in a couple days so I texted him last Friday and never heard a word back.............

This guy (Jared) I went to high school with contacted me some months back on FB. We have talked off and on since, but never got together. Well he asked me out for drinks the Friday before last and I told him I couldn't and haven't heard from him since.

I'm starting to think I am the problem. Why do I keep getting ditched? It just makes me sad that I am letting these guys make me question myself. For the past few days 10 million things I have been going through my head. Is it possible to not take stuff like this personally? If it was one guy I would say it was them, but 3 guys in a matter of a couple weeks. Maybe I am just being put on the back burner in case something better comes along
Okay ….

Raymond, you met towards the end of June but began dating him in July. And the time you spent was fun and he spent the weekend with you and had an interview that following week, you sent him a text and he never got back to you? Okay, this is weird.

There would need to be more details because there seems to be huge gaps..

Your friend tried to hook you up with Jared, in July, while you were dating Raymond? Perhaps this is the reason why you were not taking Raymond so seriously?

Dylan asked you out a couple of times and you did not go ( You turned him down) because you had a lot going on? Like life and Raymond?

And when you decided to go out with Dylan you invited him out and he never responded? Well this is a no brainer, guys are a lot like us women.
I a guy asked me out more than once I would be surprised if he asked me out again although it has happened it does not happen often. He probably thought you were dating someone else or you were just not that interested in going out with him, so why should he make time for you?

Now Jared? The one you reconnected with on FB? He asked you out once and you stated NO..Again guys are not going to chase you when there are a million other women out there unless they REALLLLLLY like you.

I have run into a saying over and over on FB from friends that are single and dating has gone awry!!
It is not fun being a choice for anyone you should be their only option. Guys feel like this sometimes too..
At this point I will be premature and say it is you..
If you find yourself turning down men you are interested in simply because you have a lot going on? Maybe you are too busy to date?
We all live busy lives, we all have jobs, deadlines, families, friends, events we need to attend and some of us have kids.. Dating takes time and making time for that person is essential if you are going to meet someone …just saying.
I am not saying drop your kid! If you have one, I mean determining whether or not you have time to date and make a real effort and explaining this to a man before hand.

Old 08-29-2012, 11:09 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,120 times
You were born in 1979? So that means you're 33 and still playing these games?

Yeah, I wouldn't call you back either.

Captain Jack

Old 08-30-2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
It's not a pattern. The only one of the three you could say ditched you is Raymond who slept over and then didn't answer your text after three days.

The other two did not ditch you. In fact, if anyone ditched anyone else, you are the one who ditched Jared. I mean, really --- he asked you out, you said no, and now you are on here complaining that HE ditched you?
Yeah u guess you are right. I just noticed he hadn't called either. I'm sure he will. I just don't think he's relationship material. I liked him in high school & he didn't feel the same about. Now he's kind of nice that he's after me.

Referring to Jarad....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships