Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 09:17 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,920,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
If you are not a woman, online dating is terrible. I have no idea why men even bother. There is like 10 men for every woman.

You may remain somewhat lonely, because your friends will get kids and be preoccupied. Also you don't have that much in common anymore. They rather want to meet up with other married couples with kids. Also as pointed out, you should get kids before you turn 40. Hence, getting married too late means fewer kids.

And many of the women who is still single in the 30s have issues. Most women do not want to remain single till they are 30.
Eh, I haven't had any trouble getting chicks from online. As long as you're good looking, you won't have problems. One thing that definitely helps is being well built/jacked. If you don't believe me, put up a pic of a really well built guy and watch how many women contact you.

However, assuming you're a guy, I have a feeling you and I aren't exactly targeting the same demographic of women (I'm targeting women who are clearly just looking for a good time whereas you seem to be looking for women wanting a serious relationship).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 09:19 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Actually many men want to get married. But getting there is half the battle.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:22 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Marriage is definitely not for everyone.

And some will never be up for the challenge.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
lol Anyone can get married if that's a goal of theirs, though. I know a fair share of ugly/fat/fairly low income guys who are currently married, so obviously, it's not difficult.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:24 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
36-year-old unmarried woman here. Never really felt pressure to marry from my immediate circle. And really men who don't marry don't come in for much censure compared to women in the wider world. The "cat lady" stereotype doesn't really have a male equivalent.

I live a responsible life, and I treat my friends and family well. Beyond that, I do my own thing, and everybody who knows me knows better than to question that.

If your friends are ditching you, get better friends. If your family is harassing you, draw your boundary lines very explicitly and then enforce them. But mostly, stop caring so much about what other people think - you're an adult!

My mom was pressuring me to have a kid for a while (gently - she knows what happens when someone shoves me). Then she got a dog - a really cute little dog that doesn't mind if she puts it in a dress or a sporty little dog coat. Baby problem solved.
Well said - good for you!

I applaud your outlook

Old 09-02-2012, 09:26 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
lol Anyone can get married if that's a goal of theirs, though. I know a fair share of ugly/fat/fairly low income guys who are currently married, so obviously, it's not difficult.
To attractive women?

Old 09-02-2012, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
To attractive women?
Of course not, but they are married.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:30 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Of course not, but they are married.

Well I see no point in that, that's like a unemployed person finding a job working full-time at taco bell as a taco stuffer

Old 09-02-2012, 09:31 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times
I've never felt too much pressue to get married. Mrs. Chow and I have been together for a long time now. Both sets of our parents have mulitple failed marriages under their belts. They pretty much never try to "force" us to get married.

Mrs. Chow has told me since we first got together that she didn't have any interest in getting married. I said fine. She also didn't want children which was fine be me as well, as I couddn't seem to meet a woman back then that didn't have kids already.

Whatever works for each couple I believe........

Old 09-02-2012, 09:34 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,073,852 times
Quote:
Eh, I haven't had any trouble getting chicks from online. As long as you're good looking, you won't have problems. One thing that definitely helps is being well built/jacked. If you don't believe me, put up a pic of a really well built guy and watch how many women contact you.

However, assuming you're a guy, I have a feeling you and I aren't exactly targeting the same demographic of women (I'm targeting women who are clearly just looking for a good time whereas you seem to be looking for women wanting a serious relationship).
Well, most guys on these dating sites are not well built, and they got little chance at all. If you are well built you can go anywhere and have random sex. People like me will have much better luck offline where we can attract girls with our personality. Average people can just get a hooker if they want to have random sex. It's not that expensive.

I am actually in a relationship and yes she is good looking bicoastal10. We decided to wait till marriage. So you can understand what kind of person I am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships