Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 12:50 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,835,272 times

Advertisements

Quotes About Vulnerability (42 quotes)

I know some may not enjoy this read and that's ok, I sure did. I do hope some of you do as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2012, 02:02 PM

48,513 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Could only read some of the list - but they are touching reminder to leave ones heart open.

A couple made me curious about the books they wrote, I don't normally read things like that.

Thank you for posting!

Old 08-31-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Could only read some of the list - but they are touching reminder to leave ones heart open.

A couple made me curious about the books they wrote, I don't normally read things like that.

Thank you for posting!
No problem doll and glad you enjoyed!

Old 08-31-2012, 02:14 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,360,681 times
I have been told by my male friends that my openness and comfort with vulnerability likely make me a little scary to date. After a childhood with a lot of bullying though that really tore me down, I don't think there's a lot that scares me about my own emotions. I should probably find a balance in this somewhere...

Argh.

But great quotes - thanks FromTN2A2!

Old 08-31-2012, 02:32 PM

102 posts, read 162,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I have been told by my male friends that my openness and comfort with vulnerability likely make me a little scary to date. After a childhood with a lot of bullying though that really tore me down, I don't think there's a lot that scares me about my own emotions. I should probably find a balance in this somewhere...

Argh.

I can definitely relate. Balance is key, timing is everything. Depends on what they mean about "a little scary to date"...lol that could be open to interpretation but as one who is the same way, I've found a pretty happy medium.

BTW I did read some of those, very touching. Was only able to read a couple though I think in general we always need some reminders like this.

Old 08-31-2012, 02:53 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,020 times
I did enjoy this....and this one is my favorite from it:

“Vulnerability is the only authentic state. Being vulnerable means being open, for wounding, but also for pleasure. Being open to the wounds of life means also being open to the bounty and beauty. Don’t mask or deny your vulnerability: it is your greatest asset. Be vulnerable: quake and shake in your boots with it. the new goodness that is coming to you, in the form of people, situations, and things can only come to you when you are vulnerable, i.e. open.”
― Stephen Russell, Barefoot Doctor's Guide to the Tao: A Spiritual Handbook for the Urban Warrior

Old 08-31-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post

Argh.

I agree with gtrguyMN that balance is always good, but never lose yourself in that balance. Balance the best of you, that is key. I am glad you enjoyed reading them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrguyMN View Post
I can definitely relate. Balance is key, timing is everything. Depends on what they mean about "a little scary to date"...lol that could be open to interpretation but as one who is the same way, I've found a pretty happy medium.

BTW I did read some of those, very touching. Was only able to read a couple though I think in general we always need some reminders like this.
Very wise words spoken. Happy you enjoyed them too!

Old 08-31-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
I did enjoy this....and this one is my favorite from it:

“Vulnerability is the only authentic state. Being vulnerable means being open, for wounding, but also for pleasure. Being open to the wounds of life means also being open to the bounty and beauty. Don’t mask or deny your vulnerability: it is your greatest asset. Be vulnerable: quake and shake in your boots with it. the new goodness that is coming to you, in the form of people, situations, and things can only come to you when you are vulnerable, i.e. open.”
― Stephen Russell, Barefoot Doctor's Guide to the Tao: A Spiritual Handbook for the Urban Warrior
Yeees! That one was definitely oh so powerful!

Old 08-31-2012, 03:13 PM

52,185 posts, read 52,623,070 times
A few of those quotes were touching. I got a little watery eyed.

Old 08-31-2012, 03:17 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,993,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
A few of those quotes were touching. I got a little watery eyed.
Ugh, me too. Definitely some bad timing for me.

Vulnerability is the one thing I really suck at. Not sure why, but the couple of times I've really put myself out there and opened up, I just got left hung out to dry. Oh wells.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships