Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2012, 12:12 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,693,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
If they love their pets as much as they do human beings..Then their love is slight and not that strong..To say I love my dog more than a person or the same is not saying much on the force of your love or it's strength. If you can't love a human being- then you are not really loving your pet- You are just using your pet...and hoping it gives you something for nothing- stop feeding your pet and petting it- You will find a dog will love anyone who puts food in it's mouth...Actually few people know what love is....it is loyalty...They say a dog is loyal...I doubt that...They are habitualists just like people.. Hard to say...but I do not respect those that are not loyal to family or their own species for that matter... "My can loves me" Yah sure...so does your husband till you cut him off sex.
You're pathetic if you really expect me to be loyal to a stranger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 02:43 PM

334 posts, read 537,341 times
People like that clearly have issues!

Old 09-17-2012, 02:45 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terraaus View Post
People like that clearly have issues!
Maybe they're tired of people like you judging them all the time for silly nonsense.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:48 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Why do you care who loves who or what?
People can love whomever, whatever they do.

There's not enough love in the world, why would criticize anyone who finds it anywhere?

Old 09-17-2012, 03:52 PM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
I love my cat!! Get over it!

Old 09-17-2012, 04:00 PM

264 posts, read 266,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
You do realize we can all read your past posts, don't you? I could quote and link your posts if you want. In the atheist forum you claim to be a person of faith. You have a dozen posts in the stripping thread. You're in a gender war as well. Basically, a hypocrital, Christian perv chastising people who love animals and you think we're sick? You are one screwed up man.
But of course, princess. What does one have to do with another?
In interent reality being Christians means that you never went to a strip club or or had a threesome.
In real life however it's not that unusual. I am Christian but it does not mean that I spent my life in a monastery or go to church every day.
Now, go back to perfect Internet reality of C-D, filled with perfect people.

Old 09-17-2012, 04:02 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBodyUK View Post
There's a manager in my office who's married with no kids. There's photos all over him and his wife with his dog. The thing is, these are the same kind of photos somebody would take with their child e.g. dog in the middle sitting on grass, him on one side, his wife on the other. I find it a bit strange. There's a few pics of the dog on its own.

I've also heard a few people talk about their "kids" - and they're referring to dogs!

What do you guys think? I've always placed humans above animals...
Do I think it's strange to have photos of your pets up? Not at all.
Would I throw my dogs or cats a birthday party? Um..no.
Would I dress them? The ONLY thing I put on my dogs is booties IF we are going to go hiking in the winter...the ice and crap can really hurt their feet. Out in the backyard running around in the snow? No booties.
Do I get fulfillment from my pets? Of course.
Do I call them my kids? Well, not really. Every so often I make a joke about the "fur kids" thing and say that but honestly, that feels weird to me. They aren't my kids...I may say, "Ok, kids, time to eat" but I don't think of them as actual kids. (And usually what I say is, "Let's go idiots! Back inside!" The way I say it, they love it when I call them, "idiots".)

I have never thought of my pets as actual kids. That's ridiculous. But would I have a photo on my desk, (if I had a desk), or in my wallet? Sure, why not. Who cares.

Old 09-17-2012, 05:15 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noworneveragain View Post
But of course, princess. What does one have to do with another?
In interent reality being Christians means that you never went to a strip club or or had a threesome.
In real life however it's not that unusual. I am Christian but it does not mean that I spent my life in a monastery or go to church every day.
Now, go back to perfect Internet reality of C-D, filled with perfect people.
The point of mentioning it is that you were chastising people for buying certain kinds of dog food for their dogs while you spend your money on strippers, which is basically a form of prostitution. What do you think your Jesus would say or do? Do you think he would take issue with people caring for animals, his animals according to the bible, being good stewards on this planet as your God would want, or you attacking good acts while you buy sex? I'm pretty sure there's a famous story in the Bible about Christ going to temple and dealing with people just like you. The hypocrites who charge and throw stones.

You have absolutely no room to judge anybody for loving animals. Its absurd. And lets get real, prostitution, buying/selling sex is not virtuous and your religion demands of virtue. So, instead of worrying about what good people are doing, or as Christ would say the spec in the eye of others, and concern yourself with the log in your eye.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:04 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,763,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noworneveragain View Post
Sure this one example proves that dogs are better then humans.
After all they lick their own genitalia. We can't do that.
You do realize that humans do the same with each other and not just the genitals, right.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:21 PM

264 posts, read 266,402 times
Quote:
The point of mentioning it is that you were chastising people for buying certain kinds of dog food for their dogs while you spend your money on strippers, which is basically a form of prostitution.
Nah. Stripping is not a form of prostitution. At least in moral and legal definitions.

Quote:
What do you think your Jesus would say or do? Do you think he would take issue with people caring for animals, his animals according to the bible, being good stewards on this planet as your God would want, or you attacking good acts while you buy sex? I'm pretty sure there's a famous story in the Bible about Christ going to temple and dealing with people just like you. The hypocrites who charge and throw stones.
I am not the hypocryte, quite the opposite, I am a Christian but do not pretend to be a saint. The last time I was in a strip club was about 5 years ago, by the way

Quote:
You have absolutely no room to judge anybody for loving animals. Its absurd. And lets get real, prostitution, buying/selling sex is not virtuous and your religion demands of virtue. So, instead of worrying about what good people are doing, or as Christ would say the spec in the eye of others, and concern yourself with the log in your eye.
I have a "room" to reply to a topic on C-D, though? Don't I?

I love dogs, German sheppards to be exact the most but I would never forget that a dog is an animal or pretend that a dog is my friend or child or any of that nonsense. It's an animal. It can't be anybody's friend.
You can't assign human concepts and feelings to animals, that's outright crazy idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships