Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 07:27 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times

Advertisements

I can't imagine a woman would tell her friend of every single exploitation and then why would her friend turn around and tell you that?

If it were the case, I would say the first woman didn't have such a good friend in the second woman and it is none of anyones business how much someone is or is not having sex and with whom. Now. If she is hooking up with another womans man, well then it would be someones business for sure.

Old 09-02-2012, 07:39 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,919,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I can't imagine a woman would tell her friend of every single exploitation and then why would her friend turn around and tell you that?

If it were the case, I would say the first woman didn't have such a good friend in the second woman and it is none of anyones business how much someone is or is not having sex and with whom. Now. If she is hooking up with another womans man, well then it would be someones business for sure.
Because I've been hooking up with the friend for a couple of years now and she tells me everything despite the fact that we've never been in a relationship. I think I've known the friend longer than she's known the other girl.

Old 09-02-2012, 07:48 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
Because I've been hooking up with the friend for a couple of years now and she tells me everything despite the fact that we've never been in a relationship. I think I've known the friend longer than she's known the other girl.
Still doesn't make it right. My (watch closely) boyfriends bestfriends wife tells me about their sexlife. (the bestfriend and his wife)

For me, as friends with them all, it places me in a weird situation. We are all friends with one another and I am a very visual person, so, of course when she is telling me, I am picturing it all and then I am ruined.

Now, I will tell my bf that she told me some tmi things, but never do I go into detail. And believe me, it is very difficult. This is the exact reason I do not talk to her about things like this, or at least don't go into detail.

I don't want her husband knowing about what his bestfriend and I do.

That all sounded confusing to me.

I understand people tell their SOs things, I know I do. I just don't tell people things I don't want to be shared. I am sure that woman one is not expecting for woman 2 to go telling all her business if she is her friend, and I don't think she should.

I then have no idea why you would post it here, even though I know its anonymous. It also questions your ability to keep a secret.

Good Lord, I know the ins and outs of my friends sex life and I would never share it with my SO or here on CD.....

I have no idea why I just took the time to type that out. I need more coffee.

Old 09-02-2012, 07:50 AM

1,602 posts, read 4,159,256 times
30 guys in 4 months ... Startling ... Is she making money off it? If not, then it sounds as though she may have some insecurity, low-esteem, and self-destructive issues going on. Sometimes there is a deep tragic incident that is pretty traumatizing in someones past that makes them become promiscuous in their future ... Sexual abuse, the need for instant love, eating disorder. It could be a number of things. She should seek help, and rediscover herself, as well as learn to love herself not to allow her body to be used and disrespected ... Eventually a Sexually Transmitted Disease is going to catch up with her - condoms are not 100%. Hopefully, it will not be HIV.

As her friend, you should be able to sit down, have a chat with her. It's acceptable to date- it's normal, but you do not have to sleep with every single one. It's not normal. It's not a behavioral fact that deserves to be broadcasted, or made known. It's destructive, and unhealthy. And, honestly, as much as people say, "don't be judgemental," well, 30 guys in 4 months is just baffling to me ... Insane. Gross. Major head case in need of help. Too many partners can lead to HPV also.

Old 09-02-2012, 07:57 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,398,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
How common is this? 4 months ago, she broke up with her bf after an 8 year relationship (they met in college) and started meeting guys from online. Last night, I found out from her best friend that she's slept with at least 30 guys during that time period.

I realize chicks usually go through withdrawal after a breakup, but is this kind of withdrawal extremely abnormal or what? Anyone know someone else like this?

So why did her "best friend" tell you these things??? Was it out of concern?

Old 09-02-2012, 09:53 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,469,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Maybe it's shock and awe!

Anyway, her friend's behavior - if true - seems beyond what I'd consider normal or healthy. Since I don't know her friend, I'll avoid judgment and just add that I would't do this even if I could.

Old 09-02-2012, 11:07 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,106,671 times
Why is it anyone else's business how many guys she's sleeping with? Shame on her gossipy friend for going around telling random guys her friend's business.

But no, that is not normal behavior. I don't like any overlap in the guys I'm with. My worst nightmare is ending up on Maury to figure out who the father of my kid is...haha! Not to mention she's almost certain to catch some kind of disease with those kind of numbers and when she snaps out of this she's going to have made herself undesirable to a lot of good guys.

Old 09-02-2012, 11:08 AM

513 posts, read 897,173 times
she was in an 8 year relationship that covered her "experimental" years, so it is not surprising she is having a lot of sex. not exactly common to be with so many, but certainly not unheard of either. i know several women that after the end of a LTR went a little "wild" for a few months. They all said because they felt like they had misse dout on so much during the years in the LTR that they just needed to get it out of their system. there is nothing wrong with it, so long as the woman is happy then who cares? she'll get it out of her system soon.

If you do get with her, be sure to use protection.

Old 09-02-2012, 11:11 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,919,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Because I've been sleeping with the "best friend" for 3-4 years now. As I said before, she pretty much tells me everything about everyone she knows; especially after a few drinks.

Old 09-02-2012, 11:43 AM

22,333 posts, read 29,421,443 times
Good for her!! She's making up for lost time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships