Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2012, 03:54 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,003,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I haven't been "home" in 3yrs and my brother and wife had their twins 6 months ago...so I really wanted to go. My dad has also been really, really sick so I wanted to get home to see him as well.

Unfortunately, the trip wasn't long enough. Oh well.
I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Make time to see him as much as you are able, the day will come when he is gone and you can never get back what might have been. Not trying to be Captain Obvious, I see so many people do this...

Old 10-02-2012, 08:16 AM

17,608 posts, read 22,512,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Hope all is well with Bio. Realize his grandmother was having a tough time, it's been a while since he last posted.
I pray beloved granma & Bio are doing well.

Sixy, i pray your beloved dad starts feeling much better.

Old 10-02-2012, 04:04 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,006,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Make time to see him as much as you are able, the day will come when he is gone and you can never get back what might have been. Not trying to be Captain Obvious, I see so many people do this...
LOL, no I know where you are coming from. They are supposed to be moving down here in a few months (hopefully by Christmas). They already have the house, I've been maintaining it for them until they get here. Just waiting on my mom to retire. My dad was supposed to work until April but he is on long-term disability right now and they offered early retirement so he's taking that package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post

Sixy, i pray your beloved dad starts feeling much better.
Thank you Hawk! He was a little better when we went to see him. They are trying new medications so I'm hoping the results last!

Old 10-02-2012, 04:22 PM

8,737 posts, read 9,415,501 times
Quote:
LOL, no I know where you are coming from. They are supposed to be moving down here in a few months (hopefully by Christmas). They already have the house, I've been maintaining it for them until they get here. Just waiting on my mom to retire. My dad was supposed to work until April but he is on long-term disability right now and they offered early retirement so he's taking that package.

Thank you Hawk! He was a little better when we went to see him. They are trying new medications so I'm hoping the results last!

Sorry to hear about your dad; I missed the earlier posting on your trip to see your dad. Hope the newer meds offer good results.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:09 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,925,680 times
Man I love making quick and filling meals.

I was NOT in the mood to fix anything tonight, but I remembered I had bought tortillas this weekend, and earlier in the day I had thought of making wraps, and I came home and made some wraps with meuster cheese, ranch dressing, honey baked ham, cherry tomatoes, spinach leaves and carrots. They hit the spot and I'm a lot happier with myself for buying those this weekend.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Sorry to hear about your dad; I missed the earlier posting on your trip to see your dad. Hope the newer meds offer good results.
Thanks!

He had kidney cancer. They removed the diseased kidney but he's had a really rough recovery. He's lost 30lbs in the last 2 months so they put him on a steroid and have addressed other issues as well. He said his appetite has come back so hopefully things get better from here. It sucks being so far away from them and not being able to be there/help.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:23 PM

8,737 posts, read 9,415,501 times
Quote:
Thanks!

He had kidney cancer. They removed the diseased kidney but he's had a really rough recovery. He's lost 30lbs in the last 2 months so they put him on a steroid and have addressed other issues as well. He said his appetite has come back so hopefully things get better from here. It sucks being so far away from them and not being able to be there/help.
I believe you said he may be moving near right? If before the X-mas holiday, that should make for a wonderful holiday season for you all. In that, I say you are one very lucky family.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:40 PM

17,608 posts, read 22,512,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Man I love making quick and filling meals.

I was NOT in the mood to fix anything tonight, but I remembered I had bought tortillas this weekend, and earlier in the day I had thought of making wraps, and I came home and made some wraps with meuster cheese, ranch dressing, honey baked ham, cherry tomatoes, spinach leaves and carrots. They hit the spot and I'm a lot happier with myself for buying those this weekend.
YUM...

thin sliced honey turkey breast is good tooo. I love Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing.

Old 10-03-2012, 06:52 PM

HELLO...HEllo...Hello..hello

It's like a ghost down in here!

Old 10-03-2012, 07:05 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,578,439 times
Quote:
HELLO...HEllo...Hello..hello

It's like a ghost down in here!
Hey, what's shaking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships