Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2012, 09:09 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I have a cat. Good enough.

It was a shock for us here as well. We were over 90 last week and now in the 50s. Love it. Autumn is my favorite.
Fall is my favorite season too. I love wearing a sweater and jeans and it's cool and dry here which is a great change from the summer. I just wasn't ready for it to happen so quickly! My kids have outgrown their pants/long sleeves from last year so I was digging for something they could wear to school tomorrow.

Time to hit the stores!

Old 10-07-2012, 09:17 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Fall is my favorite season too. I love wearing a sweater and jeans and it's cool and dry here which is a great change from the summer. I just wasn't ready for it to happen so quickly! My kids have outgrown their pants/long sleeves from last year so I was digging for something they could wear to school tomorrow.

Time to hit the stores!
I agree. I love winter clothes. Went shoe shopping this weekend and drooled over the boot selection. Mmm.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:21 PM

52,245 posts, read 52,655,546 times
I was just watching a segment from the Ellen show. The first lady was on her show promoting her fitness agenda for kids.

Man, politics aside that woman is one classy woman, carries herself well. Great woman.

Very cool lady.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I agree. I love winter clothes. Went shoe shopping this weekend and drooled over the boot selection. Mmm.
I LOVE boots. I've got a few pair in the closet but I need a brown riding boot this winter. Maybe I'll toss those in with the kiddie clothe I buy...LOL. They are a necessity, right??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I was just watching a segment from the Ellen show. The first lady was on her show promoting her fitness agenda for kids.

Man, politics aside that woman is one classy woman, carries herself well. Great woman.

Very cool lady.

Who was cool...Ellen or the lady promoting fitness?

Old 10-07-2012, 09:31 PM

52,245 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
I LOVE boots. I've got a few pair in the closet but I need a brown riding boot this winter. Maybe I'll toss those in with the kiddie clothe I buy...LOL. They are a necessity, right??

Who was cool...Ellen or the lady promoting fitness?
The first lady......

Classy woman....... like I said... politics aside... she's a real breath of fresh air....

Old 10-07-2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The first lady......

Classy woman....... like I said... politics aside... she's a real breath of fresh air....
Sometimes I'm so dense!

When I read The first lady I thought you were referring to "the first guest" on the show...LOL

I was just about to ask "well who was she??" And then I realized you meant THE First Lady...LOL

Old 10-08-2012, 09:49 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,012,788 times
I've no one to cuddle except the boy (parental cuddling is magnificent but NOT the same) so I made do with chocolate.

Built the first fire of the year on Saturday evening, a small one; then the first real, meant-for-heat fire of the year on Sunday evening after a LONG day of activity.

Once everyone else was in bed I made some perfect hot chocolate:

- Two heaping scoops of Ghirardelli's Double Chocolate hot chocolate powder
- two thumb-sized bricks of a rich, dark chocolate bar from Moser
- just enough water to wet it down lightly

- microwave for 30 seconds and then stir vigorously until a nice, non-powdery past is formed in the bottom of the cup

- Add enough whole milk to bring 1/3 of the way up the cup

- microwave again for 20-second increments, stirring until a hot chocolate mixture is formed, looking like a freakishly rich chocolate milk

- Finish the cup out with WHOLE CREAM, stirring prior to microwaving again

- microwave for 40 seconds, stir, repeat

- stir and bask in the radiance of cocoa-lust

Between the drink, the fire and the cat who chose to rest on my lap it was a good way to wind down for the evening before checking messages and then heading off to bed.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:36 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,462,454 times
Urban S and the rest of you almost make me wish I lived where the seasons changed to a real fall season, but after I drooled over those pose a while reality set in and I remembered see attached pic.

Went to doc's office today, said my appt was for Mon the 22nd, what the hey, I know my hearing is lack luster, but I also know the 22 wasn't part of the appt set-up conversation. Gave them the death stare, (plus the I'll probably die if I don't see him after all I went through to get there pitiful look,) they were able to fit me in.

I really wish I enjoyed indulging in the drink, I'd have one a few, about right now.

Hope ya all are having a great start to the week.
Attached Thumbnails
Relationship Chat Thread #23/Read first post-trosa-greenville-nc-2009.jpg  

Last edited by TRosa; 10-08-2012 at 02:04 PM..

Old 10-08-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Once everyone else was in bed I made some perfect hot chocolate:

Them there is fighting words! WF is the hot chocolate master around here! You all will have to compare recipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Went to doc's office today, said my appt was for Mon the 22nd, what the hey, I know my hearing is lack luster, but I also know the 22 wasn't part of the appt set-up conversation. Gave them the death stare, (plus the I'll probably die if I don't see him after all I went through to get there pitiful look,) they were able to fit me in.
You are too sweet to have a death stare...are you sure you didn't just bat your eyelashes? lol

Last edited by *Sixy*; 10-08-2012 at 02:10 PM..

Old 10-08-2012, 02:01 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,462,454 times
Quote:

Them there is fighting words! WF is the hot chocolate master around here! You all will have to compare recipes

You are too sweet to have a death stare...are you sure you didn't just bat your eyelashes? lol
Oh really, I'm not that sweet. Good heart I would say, but many would tell stay off her bad side or the inner demon child will come forth. I've been told, I have this thing I do with my eyes/face that can cut people. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships