Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2012, 02:08 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times

Advertisements

Made chilli today. Sat in the crock pot all day cooking on low. Good gravy this stuff tastes amazing.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:17 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Made chilli today. Sat in the crock pot all day cooking on low. Good gravy this stuff tastes amazing.
I'm beginning to think, I just love too many kinds of food, if they're done right of course. Nothing like a good bowl of chili over, (beans in mind,) over rice with a side of corn bread.

Last edited by TRosa; 10-15-2012 at 02:26 PM..

Old 10-15-2012, 02:21 PM

52,260 posts, read 52,668,250 times
I love good ol stick to your bones food like that.

Sometimes the simpliest things, if done right, and the best...

I'd almost rather have something like that, then a big steak and shrimp.... note I said almost....

Old 10-15-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, we got FIOS installed in our condo complex a yr or so ago... We got the Internet/TV bundle thing for 100 bucks... IDK... I did cut out the phone service, as now we just use our Mobile, it seemed silly to have the landline and the cell together, saved about 50 bucks a month cutting out the landline phone.

I went through and shaved as much costs as I could about a yr ago, refi'd the place, cut the fat in other areas. I'm thinking about refi'ing again, could save about another 80 bucks or so a month...

It all adds up...
Yes, cut my comcast phone last year for same reason, but my bill is up to the same price it was a year ago with their increases. Also, you can have a prefectly good phone service for free using google's phone service. If I want to make calls around the states that will go on for more than an hour, I can use them or I'll use cell.

But I'm really considering the move to the free cable complex or at least someplace I can get service with an antenna, can't get good over the air service where I am now. But am really loving the roku box for netflix and like I said will give hulu a try soon after cutting the cable. Just wish there were an alternate net service to comcast and the one other big company in the area that requires me to purchase thier phone service if I want the internet.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Yes, cut my comcast phone last year for same reason, but my bill is up to the same price it was a year ago with their increases. Also, you can have a prefectly good phone service for free using google's phone service. If I want to make calls around the states that will go on for more than an hour, I can use them or I'll use cell.

But I'm really considering the move to the free cable complex or at least someplace I can get service with an antenna, can't get good over the air service where I am now. But am really loving the roku box for netflix and like I said will give hulu a try soon after cutting the cable. Just wish there were an alternate net service to comcast and the one other big company in the area that requires me to purchase thier phone service if I want the internet.
I used and abuse that Roku player, I've had it a couple yrs now.... great stuff, we stream the hell out of it..... I think that that kind of thing is the future of TV anyway......

Old 10-15-2012, 02:32 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Quote:
I used and abuse that Roku player, I've had it a couple yrs now.... great stuff, we stream the hell out of it..... I think that that kind of thing is the future of TV anyway......
As long as ISPs have unlimited broadband or make the required amount reasonable.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:33 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I'm beginning to think, I just love too many kinds of food, if they're done right of course. Nothing like a good bowl of chili over, (beans in mind,) over rice with a side of corn bread.
Never had chilli over rice. Now I've had Cincinnati style chilli where it's chilli over macaroni noodles. That stuff is pretty awesome.

This is the same kind of chilli, a few kinds of beans, a little heat and some green pepper, ground beef, onion and tomatoes...yum!

Old 10-15-2012, 02:35 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
As long as ISPs have unlimited broadband or make the required amount reasonable.
I pay $20 to a local place and they even service my computer really cheap too. I've been paying the same amount for years too so it's not like they sucked me in with a cheap rate.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Agree, there are many types of players on the market, but am really enjoying this one, I did try the movienite one first, liked it, but it was the model that didn't have hulu, so when I took it back, just decided to get the roku box since they didn't have the movienite plus model. I kind of like the roku better for some things movienite better for others. But expect to use the heck out of this Roku box for as long as it holds up. Love it.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
The Internet as it sits has the potential to run out of IP addresses. They are gonna go to what is called IPV6 which will have much more addresses available, as more and more of the web is become fiber optic which is almost limitless in terms of bandwith.... it shouldn't be an issue.. also video and audio formats are being compressed much better rates today than even just say 5 yrs ago......

We'll be sound as a pound as they say......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships