Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2012, 09:26 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times

Advertisements

My Dad has some real food issues. I remember visiting him when I was pretty young, maybe 9 or 10 and as soon as I got to his house I'd start to dread dinner time.

He would load up my plate as if I were a 6'2'' 250 linebacker, mind you I was 90 pounds soaking wet at the time.

IDK, you'd think with that background I would have went the other way in terms of food issues..... strange how that stuff works...

Old 10-28-2012, 09:27 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,556,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I just started doing the math and I have the horrifying conclusion that I need to drop 45 pounds.... good heavens this is the tubbiest I've ever been.

I had to buy 38" waist pants...... I was 32 in HS.... I would think if 34's were loose fitting on me, I'd be happy.

Mrs. CHow's brother is porking up and I bust his balls all the time, till I saw a pic of all of us at a family function recently......

I suppose I should stop busting on him.......
Some of my pictures make me want to cry.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:30 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
Unfortunately I love pretty much everything...sugar, salt, chocolate, cheese. I have mostly stopped drinking regular pop but now I need to cut out the diet stuff.

One of my big problems was work. Those people are obsessed with food and eating crap. It was really hard to stand up to the bullying at first, but I have it under control now. They don't try to tempt me as much because they see that what I am doing is working.
Yeah I have my vices...mostly when I'm "suffering" from PMS. First it's salty then it's sweet. Whoppers...I don't know what it is about those little sugary balls covered in chocolate but goodness...they get me every flippin' month!

As for work...I just went back recently and EVERY day so far there has been crap food in the lounge. It seems like it's always someone's birthday.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Oh that's not that bad! Sheesh...the way you talk you make it sound as though you are 400lbs!

We can be your cheerleaders!
Thanks... we can use all the support we can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
Some of my pictures make me want to cry.
I used to be a pretty good looking guy, not to brag, but with the added weight and lack of sleep, I'm really looking like crap these days.... doesn't do the ego much good to feel like a big ol fat slob.

LOL, I'm gonna start to bust out the stewart smally with the postivie affirmations soon.....

Old 10-28-2012, 09:34 PM

Quote:
My Dad has some real food issues. I remember visiting him when I was pretty young, maybe 9 or 10 and as soon as I got to his house I'd start to dread dinner time.

He would load up my plate as if I were a 6'2'' 250 linebacker, mind you I was 90 pounds soaking wet at the time.

IDK, you'd think with that background I would have went the other way in terms of food issues..... strange how that stuff works...
I am soooooo careful about how I interact with my kids regarding food.

I remember being in training for competition in HS and working out 4 hours a day after school (2 hours running and fitness and 2 hours choreography and stunts). By dinner I was famished and my dad would say "are you sure you need to take seconds" and then puff his cheeks out at me. At that time I weighed 117lbs (because we used to have to weigh in) and I was solid muscle...6-pack and all.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:37 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times
Quote:
Thanks... we can use all the support we can get.

I used to be a pretty good looking guy, not to brag, but with the added weight and lack of sleep, I'm really looking like crap these days.... doesn't do the ego much good to feel like a big ol fat slob.

LOL, I'm gonna start to bust out the stewart smally with the postivie affirmations soon.....
Maybe the bunch of us could start our own little weight loss support group.

I at least know for sure I could share a low carb cheese cake recipe with ya. Just don't eat half the cake like I did last time I made it. really simple, don't need all the fancy pans called for. I do mine crustless, but you can make a crust using almonds. I seem to lose best sticking with low-carb, high fat

Old 10-28-2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
I am soooooo careful about how I interact with my kids regarding food.

I remember being in training for competition in HS and working out 4 hours a day after school (2 hours running and fitness and 2 hours choreography and stunts). By dinner I was famished and my dad would say "are you sure you need to take seconds" and then puff his cheeks out at me. At that time I weighed 117lbs (because we used to have to weigh in) and I was solid muscle...6-pack and all.

It's good you're trying with your kids..... I wonder how we, as a socieity, got to be so f'd up.... I don't get it at times.

I see all these "happy" families on tv and movies and never knew any of these kinds of people in real life... IDK....

I had a rough upbringing, so I suppose my views are probably skewed a bit.... I look back where I came from and I've made a million miles of progress........ no longer that poor white trash kid.......

Old 10-28-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Maybe the bunch of us could start our own little weight loss support group.

I at least know for sure I could share a low carb cheese cake recipe with ya. Just don't eat half the cake like I did last time I made it. really simple, don't need all the fancy pans called for. I do mine crustless, but you can make a crust using almonds. I seem to lose best sticking with low-carb, high fat
Doing the "lower carb" thing can be a pain when it comes to eating out, it's doable, but for things like lunch, the bread/pasta/rice bans make it hard at times.

I know when I eat out for lunch during the workweek, it tend to eat more salads.... seems to help in that respect, still gotta watch out for foods that have a lot of hidden sugars in them... makes it a challenge at times.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Doing the "lower carb" thing can be a pain when it comes to eating out, it's doable, but for things like lunch, the bread/pasta/rice bans make it hard at times.

I know when I eat out for lunch during the workweek, it tend to eat more salads.... seems to help in that respect, still gotta watch out for foods that have a lot of hidden sugars in them... makes it a challenge at times.
Beans have a lot of protein and fiber in them though, so compared to breads and rice, they are nutritionally superior and a "good carb" to eat.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Beans have a lot of protein and fiber in them though, so compared to breads and rice, they are nutritionally superior and a "good carb" to eat.
Yeah... definately a better carb then rice... I agree.

The fiber in beans is great too.

We've done up a couple of dishes recently that had Kale in them. That is good stuff too, they are always railing on about the darker greens and how good they are for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships