Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2012, 10:09 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,182,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Whatever happens, happens. I don't think it's as bad as you say it is, since my uncle lives off of it for months at a time and owns a house and is constantly renovating it, but he's also a union carpenter, who who knows.
You might be in for a rude awakening. You said you've elected to not buy into insurance. I would see about finding it elsewhere. When you buy into it nothing happens, when you don't you end up with $40,000 of medical bills. It happens more than you realize. You get screwed either way.

Be aware, you can still work on unemployment under certain stipulations and/or take classes.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:34 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
You might be in for a rude awakening. You said you've elected to not buy into insurance. I would see about finding it elsewhere. When you buy into it nothing happens, when you don't you end up with $40,000 of medical bills. It happens more than you realize. You get screwed either way.

Be aware, you can still work on unemployment under certain stipulations and/or take classes.
I might see about taking some classes, I'll see what kind of stipulations they have for working though.

Old 11-01-2012, 11:00 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,634,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
You'all are making me wish for a mountain life. Nah, but think I'm getting antsy for something more sprawling at times. This too shall pass. Especially when I see snow reports.
We looked around for our 'Dream Place' fer many years, while on vacations. Here in the mountains of southwest OR the winters are pretty mild. Mountains protect us from most of the wind. Most snow in over five lustrum has been about 8", melted in a few days, here at 2000'. Usually we get a couple inches of snow 3-4 times in winter. I'll never move again.

Higher mountain areas get more snow for the folks who love winter snow fun. Like Mt Hood & Siskiyou Summit.

Grants Pass gets nothing but a dusting of snow in the winter. It's a very mild weather area, where i buy my vittles.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:57 PM

Man. I worked out yesterday, and my stomach is incredibly sore. Good grief it feels like I was gut punched by a cannonball. Can't wait to do it again tomorrow.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:14 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,141,375 times
Quote:
Man. I worked out yesterday, and my stomach is incredibly sore. Good grief it feels like I was gut punched by a cannonball. Can't wait to do it again tomorrow.
My stomach's sore too- I did crunches yesterday for the first time in a few weeks and now I can barely move without feeling soreness!

Old 11-01-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
My stomach's sore too- I did crunches yesterday for the first time in a few weeks and now I can barely move without feeling soreness!
lol. I didn't feel it so bad yesterday. Then i went to bed and woke up and thought "Why does it feel like there's a ton of bricks on my stomach? ow!"

Old 11-01-2012, 02:26 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Since insurance has been mentioned, I just found out today that our company is changing insurance plans for the coming year, we were setup with blue cross/shield. Now we're going with United Health Care.

I wonder if it's gonna suck....

This company has been changing 401k providers restructuring the business, every time I turn around something is different.......

Jeez... I wish things in life were a little less dynamic......

I understand change happens, but man........

Old 11-01-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Since insurance has been mentioned, I just found out today that our company is changing insurance plans for the coming year, we were setup with blue cross/shield. Now we're going with United Health Care.

This company has been changing 401k providers restructuring the business, every time I turn around something is different.......

UHC sucks. We had it and it was incredibly expensive for our plan. And I never used it once. lol

Old 11-01-2012, 02:39 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,560,619 times
Quote:

Quote:
UHC sucks. We had it and it was incredibly expensive for our plan. And I never used it once. lol
It depends on the plan, my employer is with UHC and no complaints thus far. After my wife's employer switched to the Bush era crock-of-s**t-HSA-that-no-one-even-remotely-complained-about plan she signed on to my plan which was as equal to her former plan.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:50 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,182,182 times
Quote:

It's a Great Day to Whoop Somebody's Ass... - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships