Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2012, 11:14 AM

52,011 posts, read 52,464,357 times

Advertisements

I'll be soooooo glad when the election is finally over..... no more ads, no more political talk, no more phone calls at all hours of the day....

Old 11-06-2012, 11:15 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,964,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Well usually they do make it with accompanying products like lotion, body soap/wash and the like think gift set. LOL

I'd love to know what scent it was that you bought her. For me price isn't the determining factor, I don't know why my favorite has jumped so much in price, it wasn't cheap to begin with, but at least I used to be able to find it at a good discounted price, not anymore and I'm ticked about that. But being that it seems so popular, that makes me less in love with it lately, best to find something new to fall in love with, but I adore, J'adore. ACK! that rhymed. I fall in love with myself everytime I spray it on me. You would think I'd go back to wearing an old time friend from the 90's, "Narcisse" a scent of which I had a love hate relationship with and other go to was ysatis, by givenchy. But then there's one my daughter always thinks of me when she gets a whiff of, but I can't remember the name at this moment. It will come to me.
Found it. Did search on Macys website and the name hit me. Viva la Juicy. Except I bought all that and a big bottle!

Juicy Couture Viva la Juicy Gift Set - Perfume - Beauty - Macy's

Old 11-06-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'll be soooooo glad when the election is finally over..... no more ads, no more political talk, no more phone calls at all hours of the day....
South park will have an election special tonight. I hope!!

Old 11-06-2012, 11:27 AM

8,748 posts, read 9,441,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Found it. Did search on Macys website and the name hit me. Viva la Juicy. Except I bought all that and a big bottle!

Juicy Couture Viva la Juicy Gift Set - Perfume - Beauty - Macy's
Has some nice ingredients in it, probably smells really nice. I love Sandlewood, mandarine, two of the ingredients. I might have to spend a day at macy's just trying out new scents, kind of miss the days they gave out free samples. Think I'll pick up some samples of various scents in the coming days, good thing the holidays are upon us, maybe I'll find a new favorite scent or at the very least J'adore gift set at a good price. Wonder if Macy's has layaway, just kidding. sorta

Old 11-06-2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Has some nice ingredients in it, probably smells really nice. I love Sandlewood, mandarine, two of the ingredients. I might have to spend a day at macy's just trying out new scents, kind of miss the days they gave out free samples. Think I pick up some samples of various scents in the coming days, good thing the holidays are upon us, maybe I'll find a new favorite scent or at the very least J'adore gift set at a good price. Wonder if Macy's has layaway, just kidding. sorta
lmao. i was walking around in that perfume area of Macys and it was like I was in a foreign country! I had no idea where the perfume I was looking for was, so I asked these 3 tiny women behind the counter, and they gave me the strangest look, then I found it behind them and pointed to the big bottle, and there eyes lit up. Then I replied that it was for my GF, and they said she has good taste. Of course it's good taste, it was a $200 gift because it was Tuesday, and she said her small bottle was running out.

You should try it. You may like it and not pay the money I did on the big bottle!

Old 11-06-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
lmao. i was walking around in that perfume area of Macys and it was like I was in a foreign country! I had no idea where the perfume I was looking for was, so I asked these 3 tiny women behind the counter, and they gave me the strangest look, then I found it behind them and pointed to the big bottle, and there eyes lit up. Then I replied that it was for my GF, and they said she has good taste. Of course it's good taste, it was a $200 gift because it was Tuesday, and she said her small bottle was running out.

You should try it. You may like it and not pay the money I did on the big bottle!
Truthfully, from what I saw of the ingredients, its more of a girl's scent, a little too sweet for such a meanie like me. LOL But I will be checking it out and letting you know what I think. Who know's I might be a convert and become a nice sweet gal just for the scent of it.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Truthfully, from what I saw of the ingredients, its more of a girl's scent, a little too sweet for such a meanie like me. LOL But I will be checking it out and letting you know what I think. Who know's I might be a convert and become a nice sweet gal just for the scent of it.
lol. it's not a very strong scent, but when someone gets closer to you, they know it's there. I never found it to be a sweet smelling scent though, but it's definitely not overpowering. She also would use warm vanilla sugar body wash and stuff.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
lol. it's not a very strong scent, but when someone gets closer to you, they know it's there. I never found it to be a sweet smelling scent though, but it's definitely not overpowering. She also would use warm vanilla sugar body wash and stuff.
If you can smell the vanilla, as a body fragrance, I won't care for it. Have never been fond of vanilla fragrances except in food.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
If you can smell the vanilla, as a body fragrance, I won't care for it. Have never been fond of vanilla fragrances except in food.
Maybe not the body wash lol. She just liked it, and I bought some of it for her, too. Gift baskets with all kinds of stuff with it.

Old 11-06-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Maybe not the body wash lol. She just liked it, and I bought some of it for her, too. Gift baskets with all kinds of stuff with it.
Here's a description of the scent: for Juicy girls who want it all. Juicy Couture presents Viva La Juicy, an enticing scent of wild berries and mandarins, honeysuckle, gardenia, and jasmine. To round it out, amber, caramel, vanilla, sandalwood, and praline add just the right touch of sweetness.

Evidently, it's aimed at girls, not women. Rest my case. So it was good for your young princess at that time, but probably not so good for your more grown up woman in the future. Just sayin. Then again, what the heck to I know other than I like what I like and probably will love the sweeter scent of that choice. Shoot, I might come back here confessing that I fell in love with it after one whiff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.