Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2012, 08:34 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
My husband refers to her as Snora Jones but I like her stuff. She mellows me out sometimes and I LOVE to sing to her music. Now that my voice is going I've even got the dry, raspy sound...lol
I'm beginning to realize I don't listen to as much music as I used to, partly because I do like to play it loud while I move from room to room, but the walls are thin and my speakers and these old foggies would appreciate it. I mostly listen to music when I'm out and about, but that's going to change as of this week, probably will cut into my time on the net though. LOL probably a good thing. Music does wonders for the soul.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:45 PM

19,427 posts, read 15,240,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I'm beginning to realize I don't listen to as much music as I used to, partly because I do like to play it loud while I move from room to room, but the walls are thin and my speakers and these old foggies would appreciate it. I mostly listen to music when I'm out and about, but that's going to change as of this week, probably will cut into my time on the net though. LOL probably a good thing. Music does wonders for the soul.
At a certain time of my life, I kind of dropped out of music, especially a certain style of music. Lately I've been (finally) listening again while I drive. Turns out this is very dangerous, as there is a definite correlation between music and speed (Blondie or not ).

Old 11-17-2012, 09:01 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,561,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I dance to that song when nobody is watching. Usually it's when I'm cleaning and the vacuum is my dance partner ...LOL

But this song...sheesh...this one ALWAYS puts me in the mood
Don't know why but this song just sounds so sultry

I've Got To See You Again - Norah Jones - YouTube
Better than the last artist you posted. Has a nice rythm to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Nora Jones reminds me of a hotel lounge singer.
She sounds like what I would imagine Alannah Myles would sound when she is in her 60s.

Alannah Myles - Black Velvet 1990 - YouTube
Quote:
One of the drawbacks of condo life, but I can plug the buds into the pod or power on the shuffle.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
At a certain time of my life, I kind of dropped out of music, especially a certain style of music. Lately I've been (finally) listening again while I drive. Turns out this is very dangerous, as there is a definite correlation between music and speed (Blondie or not ).

It would be dangerous for me too if I were doing so while driving, but I no longer drive as I am a danger on the road music or no music. I use public transit nowadays.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:13 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
She sounds like what I would imagine Alannah Myles would sound when she is in her 60s.

One of the drawbacks of condo life, but I can plug the buds into the pod or power on the shuffle.
What ever happend to Alannah Myles?

Old 11-17-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
What ever happend to Alannah Myles?
Don't know, think I'll pay Wiki a visit...............

Old 11-17-2012, 09:23 PM

Quote:

OMG, I really am old, can't beleive that was from more than 20 years ago. I always pictured her older than that back then. Time for me to just lie down and die I really am old as dirt.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
OMG, I really am old, can't beleive that was from more than 20 years ago. I always pictured her older than that back then. Time for me to just lie down and die I really am old as dirt.
She was born in 1958 which puts her in her mid-50s now. Wiki seemed to indicate she still makes music.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:31 PM

OH NO! SNL doing skit on the book All In.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:39 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
Quote:

I have many moods and artists on my ipod to fill them all. I haven't listened to Norah in a while...I'm thinking I need to put her on tomorrow morning!

I loved that Alannah song. Good find!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships