Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2012, 08:58 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Yes! Pay attention folks, this man gets it. I get my French roast from a local place that roasts the beans right there.

@Rosie remember that all things in moderation means that sometimes you need to let go, my suggestion would be to throw down on a Brad Pitt lookalike while simultaneously polishing of those unloved bottles.
Please don't say that mans name right now while I'm going out of my mind as it is. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Shoot...hello...I'll take that! lol
Wine doesn't last very long in this house. Once a bottle is open, 2-3 days max usually.

Differing opinion I guess...if I only needed 1/4 cup of wine that I would never drink in a dish that I won't eat, I wouldn't go out and buy a $15+ bottle for it.

Oh hell, this is just silly talk...if it's wine, I'd drink it! LOL
As far as the letting go, I just don't care much for alcohol period, never have, I can enjoy it in a mixed drink that contains lots of juice, but even then, I just don't have a desire for it unless I'm out at a club. Also, I can't drink, I've never really have been good at keeping it down, plus I suffer a from bad case of vertigo. I didn't really actually start drinking in clubs till I was in my 30's and it's just not fun for me to sit at home and have a drink, I find nothing pleasurable about that. But then again, my friends probably do say, to themselves I wish she would loosen the f up actually, I'm pretty sure they say it out of my ear shot. I guess in my own mind I'm a wild one, but to everyone looking at me, from the outside, I look like a lamb walking around saying bah.

I'm not talking about my mouth here on the boards. I let it all hang out in cyber town. Where's that rad button when you need it.

Anyway, I don't like being around other people that get too much alcohol in them either, my hands start feeling like they're raising to the roof, but not in a good way, feels like their about to down come across someone's face. But friends don't mind me and do what makes them happy which is fine by me. I don't hate on them for enjoying themselves, but they will sleep on the ground right where they fall if they are counting on me for sympathy when they fall. I will protect you from strangers in the area, but when the puking and other nonsense starts, your on your own. Yes, I know I'm taking the drink scenario to the extreme, but some of you know who you are.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:03 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
As far as the letting go, I just don't care much for alcohol period, never have, I can enjoy it in a mixed drink that contains lots of juice, but even then, I just don't have a desire for it unless I'm out at a club. Also, I can't drink, I've never really have been good at keeping it down, plus I suffer a from bad case of vertigo. I didn't really actually start drinking in clubs till I was in my 30's and it's just not fun for me to sit at home and have a drink, I find nothing pleasurable about that. But then again, my friends probably do say, to themselves I wish she would loosen the f up actually, I'm pretty sure they say it out of my ear shot. I guess in my own mind I'm a wild one, but to everyone looking at me, from the outside, I look like a lamb walking around saying bah.

I'm not talking about my mouth here on the boards. I let it all hang out in cyber town. Where's that rad button when you need it.

Anyway, I don't like being around other people that get too much alcohol in them either, my hands start feeling like they're raising to the roof, but not in a good way, feels like their about to down come across someone's face. But friends don't mind me and do what makes them happy which is fine by me. I don't hate on them for enjoying themselves, but they will sleep on the ground right where they fall if they are counting on me for sympathy when they fall. I will protect you from strangers in the area, but when the puking and other nonsense starts, your on your own. Yes, I know I'm taking the drink scenario to the extreme, but some of you know who you are.
I've never been to a "club" to go drinking. Never did the frat party college scene either. No, I lie...I went to 1, couldn't figure out what the big fuss was and never attended another. The first (and LAST) time I got so smashed that I barfed was about a year and half ago...I was 37 at the time...LOL. I don't typically ever drink mixed drinks. I swear I could feel my liver ache when I have in the past.

I DO like a nice glass of wine though, but I'm with you. I could live without all the drunken idiots in bars and such.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:28 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,060 times
Dang Rosie you're fighting some bad stuff. Can't remember when I was puking drunk. Did it when I was young and can't say I had some epiphany, life just seemed to take me past that place. You'll be glad to know I never got so drunk I could l couldn't hold onto the floor. I least not so as I recollect.

@SD I don't think you need too much space. My cellar was modest and I greatly enjoy wines yet I never filled it. It wasn't a matter of money, it was about who I am. I had a wine cellar because I could, it came with the house. I'm just a lowly working man though even if my income says otherwise and the only thing that really matters to me is that if I like it it's good.

It doesn't take much space to have a few bottles on hand that you and yours enjoy. That's all a man needs.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:30 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
The problem is, I am the only one who enjoyes that sort of thing.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I've never been to a "club" to go drinking. Never did the frat party college scene either. No, I lie...I went to 1, couldn't figure out what the big fuss was and never attended another. The first (and LAST) time I got so smashed that I barfed was about a year and half ago...I was 37 at the time...LOL. I don't typically ever drink mixed drinks. I swear I could feel my liver ache when I have in the past.

I DO like a nice glass of wine though, but I'm with you. I could live without all the drunken idiots in bars and such.
See for me, letting loose is when I dance, I love dancing more than any other activity in the world along with listening to music. Growing up, I was shy, but if you put on music, any time, any place there was no holding me back, I was fearless when it came to dancing it was like breathing. So, any place I can get my dance on, I am ready, even if, mostly, I'm seated while dancing these days. I thought I would pass out at that Halloween block party; I had to go get a chair out of the car. I was the only person with a chair, but quite a few other people were commenting on how they wished they had a chair. LOL

I might have to bring an air mattress for the New Year's Eve event; they're going to have numerous bands a DJ's and their famous pineapple drop. Can't wait. Back surgery not knocking me out of commission and all I hope. Keeping fingers crossed.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Dang Rosie you're fighting some bad stuff. Can't remember when I was puking drunk. Did it when I was young and can't say I had some epiphany, life just seemed to take me past that place. You'll be glad to know I never got so drunk I could l couldn't hold onto the floor. I least not so as I recollect.

@SD I don't think you need too much space. My cellar was modest and I greatly enjoy wines yet I never filled it. It wasn't a matter of money, it was about who I am. I had a wine cellar because I could, it came with the house. I'm just a lowly working man though even if my income says otherwise and the only thing that really matters to me is that if I like it it's good.

It doesn't take much space to have a few bottles on hand that you and yours enjoy. That's all a man needs.
Let me make clear, I meant even one drink, I had a difficult time keeping in my stomach till I discovered mixed drinks. I remember I warned a boyfriend I was with when we were spending new years eve in and he wanted me to toast the holiday with him, was a nice night over the commode from just one drink. Don't remember what the drink was, but it wasn't mixed and it wasn't champagne. But I got sick, I was in my twenties at the time. That was the last time he ever asked me to have drink with him again.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:18 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,060 times
The older I get the more I understand we all have our curses Rosie. I know it sounds weird but I think what makes us special and human is not just our strengths but our weaknesses as well. When you think about it half the people out on the road are too stupid, uncaring, or entitled to even use their turn signal.

How bad can we be?

Old 11-20-2012, 06:55 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
See for me, letting loose is when I dance, I love dancing more than any other activity in the world along with listening to music. Growing up, I was shy, but if you put on music, any time, any place there was no holding me back, I was fearless when it came to dancing it was like breathing. So, any place I can get my dance on, I am ready, even if, mostly, I'm seated while dancing these days. I thought I would pass out at that Halloween block party; I had to go get a chair out of the car. I was the only person with a chair, but quite a few other people were commenting on how they wished they had a chair. LOL

I might have to bring an air mattress for the New Year's Eve event; they're going to have numerous bands a DJ's and their famous pineapple drop. Can't wait. Back surgery not knocking me out of commission and all I hope. Keeping fingers crossed.
My beloved Mom loved to dance her entire life. Later years she loved going by herself or with a few girlfriends on the "Merry Widow Cruises", out of Florida. She went on several, said she got to dance all she wanted there. There were plenty of men to dance with. Mom never was much of an alcohol drinker.

Rosie, i Hope your back gets much better.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
My beloved Mom loved to dance her entire life. Later years she loved going by herself or with a few girlfriends on the "Merry Widow Cruises", out of Florida. She went on several, said she got to dance all she wanted there. There were plenty of men to dance with. Mom never was much of an alcohol drinker.

Rosie, i Hope your back gets much better.
Thank you so much for the good wishes, the surgery is non intrusive, so I should be on my feet next day with not problems all things done well.

I'm bet I would have enjoyed your mom's company, she sounds like a fantastic woman. If she and I had spent time out I bet the two of us, together, would have tore up the dance floor. Dancing Queens OOOOOOOOh YEAH! GABBA GABBA (ABBA) LOL! I had to say ABBA, couldn't help myself.

Just one bone to pick with you and Crab, you guys keep calling me Rosie, I'm going to give you new nicks like Hawkie walkie and crabie gabie. It's Rosa ad Madam Rosa if you're nasty. LOL I say that with kindness of course.

Last edited by TRosa; 11-20-2012 at 10:03 AM..

Old 11-20-2012, 10:04 AM

here's a fantastic blast from the past, shared in another thread, wanted to bring it over here.

Aerosmith - Crazy - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships