Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2012, 10:36 PM

52,232 posts, read 52,655,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Hmmm, I wonder if that is similar to google?

We have photos on google as well as our calendar. We can both update the calendar and it will sync right to my phone (as well as my husbands) which has been a blessing! I could not function without it.
Yeah, they all have the same basic functions, Hotmail, Yahoo, Google, they all have emal, calendar, to do lists.. they all sync with tablets, phones, etc etc....

See.. you're already using cloud technology... LOL......

Might as well get a tablet, no boot up, better battery life... LOL.....

Old 11-21-2012, 10:41 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, they all have the same basic functions, Hotmail, Yahoo, Google, they all have emal, calendar, to do lists.. they all sync with tablets, phones, etc etc....

See.. you're already using cloud technology... LOL......

Might as well get a tablet, no boot up, better battery life... LOL.....
LOL...I'm going to be the old fart that despises the "new" and reminisces about the past and how "simple" it was back then.

My mom is like that...still isn't familiar with how to use her cell phone! LOL

Old 11-22-2012, 07:14 AM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
But that's what my phone is for

I like my laptop. I can take it with me and all my files are on it. I use it at work, plug it into the smartboard and viola, I've got my lesson plans all set to go. I'm not sure I can do that with a tablet?? If we've done a chart or something on the smartboard that I want to save for a future lesson, I touch and save to my laptop and can pull it up another day.

If a tablet can do those kinds of operations and store all my files I'd be all over it!
Ah...see I don't have a smartphone. Don't want one, because I don't want that huge data bill, and I don't want to be checking my damn phone every minute...I'd wind up tied to it, and I would positively hate that. So no smartphone. And I work in IT, so I'm no noob. A tablet is perfect for me, for traveling. I don't need/want constant access, so wireless works just fine.

Old 11-22-2012, 07:17 AM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
See...I'm not a technical person at all. I get the concept of cloud, but I'm not sure I love it because it requires a bit of trust that it's actually going to work.

I know how to use my computer, it does everything I need it to do. I think I have Windows Vista if I'm not mistaken. I don't keep up with all that is new though. So long as I can access my files on it, I'm good.
Oh crap. That's one of the worst OS's ever to come out of MS!! You need to get off of that shyte!

Old 11-22-2012, 09:12 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Happy Texas Thanksgiving to Y'all. Hope you enjoy it with the ones you love (or can tolerate the ones you don't).

Old 11-22-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Ah...see I don't have a smartphone. Don't want one, because I don't want that huge data bill, and I don't want to be checking my damn phone every minute...I'd wind up tied to it, and I would positively hate that. So no smartphone. And I work in IT, so I'm no noob. A tablet is perfect for me, for traveling. I don't need/want constant access, so wireless works just fine.
See and I need access at my fingertips most days, especially when I travel out in the middle of nowhere. I am not tied to my phone though. I use it as a tool but I am not constantly texting (I can't stand that, I'd rather call if it's more than a few words) and I don't take my phone out during the day at work at all. If someone needs me during the day they can call the office and I'll return the call when I have a free minute (haha, which is never).

But I need to be able to get in touch with my husband and kids, since most days we are all just passing eachother coming and going. I have an unlimited data plan ($30 a month) and my husbands is covered by work. The kids won't have data access until they can pay for it themselves. I like that it's small enough to toss in my purse or pocket too and it also serves as my camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Oh crap. That's one of the worst OS's ever to come out of MS!! You need to get off of that shyte!
So I've heard. I don't really use it enough to notice. I get on the internet and use microsoft word, excel and powerpoint. That's about it.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:19 AM

I need a 2nd oven. I should have insisted when we did our kitchen remodel, but the plan was to move.

A few years later, we are still here and I am kicking myself!

Old 11-22-2012, 09:33 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,634,216 times
Happy Thanksgiving Sisters & Brothers, to you & your loved ones...

Drive Safely.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:50 AM

Happy Thankgiving to you Hawk and to everyone else!!!

Old 11-22-2012, 09:51 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,462,454 times
Happy Turkey Day and Chinese Chow to you all, heading out to the festivities in about 15 minutes. Gonna put my best forward to make it a rewarding day for self and those that have to endure me. \

Big Hugz to you all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships