Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2012, 10:45 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
What area you staying in? Times Square? Going to any shows?

We were just in Times Square this past weekend for dinner & drinks (a lot of drinks. ) I can only take the city in small doses and with my husband by my side. (My husband is in there often though because he has a showroom on Madison.) My sis always loved NYC and had been living on the UES until last month. We had talked about moving there in the beginning of our relationship, but ultimately we both agreed we preferred having a driveway.

We took our 4 & 6 year old in last year for a weekend during the holidays. The best was we were looking at (ok...mommy was looking at ) the Saks store window displays and I turn around and find my then 3 year old with his freakin' tongue on one of those metal police barricades they use on the sidewalk. I freaked at the thought of what may be on those. Clearly I'm going to have to make him watch 'A Christmas Story' this year.
We saw that last year at a local theatre; first time watching the movie uninterrupted and not on TBS.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:08 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,011,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Glad you trailed off, didn't want to hear what comes next............
I didn't quite mean it in that way lol I was going to rep you but I'm in spread it around mode. No, I don't know what I did wrong but she managed to get around my guard somehow. A rather interesting feat because I am very wary and we were communicating mostly through pantomime and assorted gestures along with the few words we both knew in each others language. However she tricked me it left me wanting more.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:13 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
I didn't quite mean it in that way lol I was going to rep you but I'm in spread it around mode. No, I don't know what I did wrong but she managed to get around my guard somehow. A rather interesting feat because I am very wary and we were communicating mostly through pantomime and assorted gestures along with the few words we both knew in each others language. However she tricked me it left me wanting more.
You're not really helping this at all.
Seriously though, the fairer sex does have their mysterious ways.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:16 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I love wide open spaces too. I'm a huge nature lover. But I also love experiencing the breathless rush and sparkle and festive atmosphere in the city at the holidays. Nothing else like it, for me.

Enjoy Seattle! Never been there, except passing through the airport.
I was born in the city, grew up in the burbs, as a teen we used to take the train into the city for the movies, it was so much fun. I prefer the open spaces as well, did quite a bit of camping when I lived in NC, but every now and then, there's just something special about being in that NYC atmosphere those theater lights, the beautiful stores, the animation of the people, the food, oh the food. Winters were great in upper Westchester; we used to love the snow and did a lot of sledding down the hills. They used to have to come looking for me I would get so lost in the moments. At least I can revisit a few fond memories involving snow without getting the shivers.

A visit to NYC would be great, but, no, I know I wouldn't want to move back permanently, I couldn't take the crowds, even in the burbs.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:19 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
You're not really helping this at all.
Seriously though, the fairer sex does have their mysterious ways.
Oh yes they do.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:52 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
I was in NYC almost exactly a year ago today, it was sunny and 65 degrees for the days I was there which was nice. I'm a simple man and prefer the wide open places so with no insult meant, it was interesting and worth seeing but isn't for me.

Painting.... hate it. I'll work on just about anything and like it but paint, uh uh. She wants that her options are do it herself or pick up the phone.

I met a girl and she seemed nice so I took her to dinner and I have to say it, I was smitten. That was yesterday though, now I am in a hotel room in Seattle and I'm laying in bed. Thinking about her. Sigh....
That is soooooo sweet. YAY! for you.

Old 11-27-2012, 12:16 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
Crabman's already smitten? Seems like spring and christmas brings the love/hate out of everyone!

Old 11-27-2012, 01:00 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,139,533 times
Christmas in New York seems like the most amazing thing in the world! Getting to see the tree at the Rockefeller Center is one of the things I most want to do in my life.

Old 11-27-2012, 01:08 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,011,414 times
She used some kind of as yet unknown feminine sorcery on me Froggie. I believed myself immune to the usual (metaphorical) batting of eyes and jiggling of boobs but as it turns out this was not so and the sound you are hearing is pride going after the fall. God wants us to be humble and certainly he has been keeping up with me just fine.

Old 11-27-2012, 02:07 PM

17,633 posts, read 22,626,536 times
I beheaded 8 zombies Sunday nite...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships