Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2012, 10:51 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL.... I wonder if the name of joint was on purpose?????
I don't know but if you know the format and others don't it is absolutely hilarious to see their expressions.

There is one in CA:
Dick’s Last Resort

Old 11-30-2012, 10:59 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
I don't know but if you know the format and others don't it is absolutely hilarious to see their expressions.

There is one in CA:
Dick’s Last Resort
LOL, yeah, I've been in that area a few times, never new that place was there.

Course San Diego is about 2 hrs away.. so I won't be going down there to be insulted... I'll let Mrs.Chow handle those duties...

Old 11-30-2012, 11:31 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,060 times
Quote:
LOL, just got back in.

He was on good behavior tonight.

Normally he has too many martini's and screams at the waitstaff........

Some of his "best work" is when they go to take his drink order.

Waiter "What can I get you to drink this evening?"

Him " I'll have a Martini standing straight up extra dry with no fruit."

Waiter looks confused, asks, "Vodka or Gin?"

Of course, this sets him off, cause as any good 40's gumshoe will tell you, Martini's are made with Gin not Vodka..........

Most of these young people don't know WTF "no fruit" means.

Yet he always insists on ordering it this way.... I think he thinks he's channeling Bogie....
LOL I'm sorry for the laughs but we have all been through this in some way an some elderly person we know. I wish I had better than keep your chin up but I don't.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
Don't providers only block like 1 or 2 numbers a year?

If I were a good stalker I'd just keep grabbing some google voice numbers.
I don't know how many numbers they will do. This is a case where its good that most people are too lazy to scratch there ass when it itches, most will walk away.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Tonight is a Queens of the Stone Age kind of a night.
Not heard these guys, don't even recognize the name. I listened to the vid you posted... not too shabby, going to investigate further.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:08 AM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post

There is one in CA:
Dick’s Last Resort
Like this? (Especially funny if you like Kenneth from 30 Rock and Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.):

Jack McBrayer & Triumph Visit Chicago's Weiner's Circle - CONAN on TBS - YouTube

Old 12-01-2012, 12:35 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Not heard these guys, don't even recognize the name. I listened to the vid you posted... not too shabby, going to investigate further.
Good stuff there. There was some more I was listening to on youtube earlier. I will go back and dig some mroe up. That is the desert California sounds I like.

Old 12-01-2012, 01:36 AM

Figured I needed to get my mind off the girl I really want to go out with who is 6000 miles away so I decided to take someone out here. Worst date ever. As in the police after some back and forth decided not to arrest me. What I want to say to you girls is I wont be tricked again. **** you.

Old 12-01-2012, 02:33 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
I just read an article that talked about the new tipping standard is 25%... I'm like WTF.... I'm really sorta semi irked about the whole tipping concept to begin with... supposedly they don't do it in europe.... I don't know...

But Really at the end of the day, you as the customer is supplementing the low pay that restaurant provides.. the whole thing just seems sorta weird really.

I do tip.. I tip decently... but now I'm supposed to kick it up to 25%... WTF... I don't get it..

When did this happen... when did I become responsible for the restaurants employees???

Shouldn't they build that shyt into the price of the entree??????????????????????

Old 12-01-2012, 06:09 AM

1,601 posts, read 2,133,086 times
Quote:
I just read an article that talked about the new tipping standard is 25%... I'm like WTF.... I'm really sorta semi irked about the whole tipping concept to begin with... supposedly they don't do it in europe.... I don't know...

But Really at the end of the day, you as the customer is supplementing the low pay that restaurant provides.. the whole thing just seems sorta weird really.

I do tip.. I tip decently... but now I'm supposed to kick it up to 25%... WTF... I don't get it..

When did this happen... when did I become responsible for the restaurants employees???

Shouldn't they build that shyt into the price of the entree??????????????????????
They don't tip in European countries, no. But European restaurants pay their servers as they should, unlike American ones, which does away with the need for tipping.

You were always responsible for restaurant employees. Just because the tipping standard has been raised, doesn't mean that you have to tip that much. Honestly, I don't really pay attention to percentages, rather I tip according to service received. I have my own standard, based on price range of bill vs. type of service.

****, there have been times when I haven't tipped - because the service has been that ****ty. Would you really want your tip built into your dinner cost?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships