Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2012, 11:03 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
What are you guys using as a goal in terms of weight loss... is it just a number or how your clothes fit, or how you look in the mirror...

I think about clothes sizes and the mirror.... IDK... I think we get too hung up on the numbers.....
I guess for me it's a combination of the mirror, the scale and the way my clothes fit. I'll also add blood sugar numbers in there because I know when I'm in the 150's my fasting glucose is in the high 90's/low 100's. In the lower 140's it's in the mid 80's. I'd like to get it down to the low 80's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
I recently looked at pictures from our Vegas trip a year ago. There are a couple of SD and me standing together. He looks great. Me? Holy buckets! I am appalled and find it difficult to look at the pictures without crying.

I keep a full length mirror in the bathroom right outside the shower. Whether I want to or not, I make myself really LOOK. It is motivating now that I can actually see the changes.
I had posted my fat pics on the weight loss board a while ago. I'm not brave enough to post them again but I'm right there with ya. I look like a completely different person and I have nothing but disgust for myself at my heavier weight.

I weight myself twice a day though, before bed and then again in the morning. It might be obsessive but oh well. Works for me!

Old 12-29-2012, 11:07 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
For me it is more about better physical condition. To be able to hoof it out.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:07 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,555,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I guess for me it's a combination of the mirror, the scale and the way my clothes fit. I'll also add blood sugar numbers in there because I know when I'm in the 150's my fasting glucose is in the high 90's/low 100's. In the lower 140's it's in the mid 80's. I'd like to get it down to the low 80's.

I had posted my fat pics on the weight loss board a while ago. I'm not brave enough to post them again but I'm right there with ya. I look like a completely different person and I have nothing but disgust for myself at my heavier weight.

I weight myself twice a day though, before bed and then again in the morning. It might be obsessive but oh well. Works for me!
I don't keep a scale in the house because I become too obsessive over it. I freak out if there's a little bit of a gain that is just the normal fluctuations from day to day. Weighing once a week works better for me!

I certainly won't be posting any pics here!

Old 12-29-2012, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
For me it is more about better physical condition. To be able to hoof it out.
Yep, just think of all the hiking we will be able to do this summer!

Old 12-29-2012, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Yep, just think of all the hiking we will be able to do this summer!
Booya!

Think of all the scrapping I can do! I won't throw the first punch but I will end it.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:12 PM

52,255 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Well.. as a man... its hard to talk about this stuff... men genrally don't talk about weight and self esteem and these sorta "issues" at least men of my generation..... you just don't do it..... you look like a "***"... you follow..

But, alas here I am , bustin through the barriers... exposing my soft underbelly... LOL....

(A big belly as it were)

Old 12-29-2012, 11:19 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post

Sixy, my glucose numbers aren't affected by my weight, I have something called non diabetic reactive hypo (not hyper) glycemic disorder. It's more of a food allergy of sorts it comes on after I eat a certain food or don't eat at regular intervals like a diabetic, but it's not diabetes. All my numbers are normal unless I have something food that causes a reaction, could be type of nuts, too much white flour, alcohol, chocolate, sugary food type specific, I never know. I just never know how bad the reaction will be. One reason I ended up in the emergency room was the combination of that and other meds, I'd just had anesthesia from a procedure plus I had decided to try a supplement that caused an extreme drop in my blood sugar and could have gone into a coma, I was lucky so I was told.

Most of my food reaction won't be so over the top as that time, but still need to be careful, as I have regular food reactions, just not to the degree of what I had a couple of weeks ago.. I have to head to be now, probably now not as coherent as I should be.

Night all.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Booya!

Think of all the scrapping I can do! I won't throw the first punch but I will end it.
As long as you aren't going to be scrapping with me!

Certain family members...have at it...

Old 12-29-2012, 11:21 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Well.. as a man... its hard to talk about this stuff... men genrally don't talk about weight and self esteem and these sorta "issues" at least men of my generation..... you just don't do it..... you look like a "***"... you follow..

But, alas here I am , bustin through the barriers... exposing my soft underbelly... LOL....

(A big belly as it were)
wish I could stay up for this, but I have limitations. Hugs appreciate you sharing.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:21 PM

Quote:
As long as you aren't going to be scrapping with me!

Certain family members...have at it...
There is a list of people who'd don't want to cross paths with me. Even more so in a dark alley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships