Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2012, 11:22 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,534,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Well.. as a man... its hard to talk about this stuff... men genrally don't talk about weight and self esteem and these sorta "issues" at least men of my generation..... you just don't do it..... you look like a "***"... you follow..

But, alas here I am , bustin through the barriers... exposing my soft underbelly... LOL....

(A big belly as it were)
You are a pioneer!

There are a few men in the WW meetings I attend. None of them scream "****" to me!

Old 12-29-2012, 11:24 PM

51,934 posts, read 52,332,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
You are a pioneer!

There are a few men in the WW meetings I attend. None of them scream "****" to me!
LOL... well, you and SD are about 10, 15 yrs younger then me..so hence I dropped the men of my generation rap...

But yeah.. I think guys just inherently don't like to talk about anything that makes them look "weak"....

Yeah,I know... it's beyond lame.......

Old 12-29-2012, 11:26 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,020,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Sixy, my glucose numbers aren't affected by my weight, I have something called non diabetic reactive hypo (not hyper) glycemic disorder. It's more of a food allergy of sorts it comes on after I eat a certain food or don't eat at regular intervals like a diabetic, but it's not diabetes. All my numbers are normal unless I have something food that causes a reaction, could be type of nuts, too much white flour, alcohol, chocolate, sugary food type specific, I never know. I just never know how bad the reaction will be. One reason I ended up in the emergency room was the combination of that and other meds, I'd just had anesthesia from a procedure plus I had decided to try a supplement that caused an extreme drop in my blood sugar and could have gone into a coma, I was lucky so I was told.

Most of my food reaction won't be so over the top as that time, but still need to be careful, as I have regular food reactions, just not to the degree of what I had a couple of weeks ago.. I have to head to be now, probably now not as coherent as I should be.

Night all.
Have you tried keeping a food log to see what foods effect you?
Also, can you take glucose tablets to get your BS back up quickly?

That sounds scary!!!!

My fasting numbers had been borderline so they keep an eye on them and I have an A1C done once a year. My A1C has been low/normal which is great, but my fasting had been borderline pre-diabetic which was frustrating. It's gotten better though, with additional weight loss (and running/cardio).

Old 12-29-2012, 11:28 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,534,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL... well, you and SD are about 10, 15 yrs younger then me..so hence I dropped the men of my generation rap...

But yeah.. I think guys just inherently don't like to talk about anything that makes them look "weak"....

Yeah,I know... it's beyond lame.......
Actually, the men I see are older than me and SD. You are right, though. Men aren't supposed to be "weak" and talk about their feelings. I agree it's lame!

Old 12-29-2012, 11:34 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,624,152 times
I am kinda Gibbs like that way. In fact I am thinking of building a boat.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:52 PM

I wonder just how many glasses of wine these "boxed wines" have....

I think it may be far too many......

Old 12-30-2012, 01:23 AM

I've been playing some mean ass Hank Willaims jr.... I'm begining to feel like an outlaw Cowboy............. LOL

Old 12-30-2012, 09:20 AM

8,737 posts, read 9,426,046 times
And here I thought, I would come back to find a bunch of heart felt pouring out of warm and fuzzy man sharing emotions. What do I get? A complete shut down avoidance. Well ya gave a try, maybe it'll take a little more wine next go around.

Anyway, I need some incentive, anyone want to through out a challenge or a goal, like a 5 or 10 lb weight loss within a certain period of time, no cheating based on honor system. Since some us seem to really want to get rid of the excess, just thought I'd throw this into the mix and I sure could use the push. Nothing like the fun competitive streak to get me motivated when it comes to weight loss.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:23 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,020,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
And here I thought, I would come back to find a bunch of heart felt pouring out of warm and fuzzy man sharing emotions. What do I get? A complete shut down avoidance. Well ya gave a try, maybe it'll take a little more wine next go around.

Anyway, I need some incentive, anyone want to through out a challenge or a goal, like a 5 or 10 lb weight loss within a certain period of time, no cheating based on honor system. Since some us seem to really want to get rid of the excess, just thought I'd throw this into the mix and I sure could use the push. Nothing like the fun competitive streak to get me motivated when it comes to weight loss.
Hey I'd participate! I've got about 10lbs to lose now! Weighed myself this morning and I've enjoyed the feasting a little too much this season and gained 2lbs

Old 12-30-2012, 09:27 AM

8,737 posts, read 9,426,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Hey I'd participate! I've got about 10lbs to lose now! Weighed myself this morning and I've enjoyed the feasting a little too much this season and gained 2lbs

Let's see if we can get some others and then set an end date to reach the goal even if it ends up just being the two of us. Having someone to do this with makes it so much more motivational for me and hopefully it will be for you and whomever else steps up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships