Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2013, 06:48 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,569,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
MO FO!

We had a 2 hour delay on Friday for "winter weather" which amounted to NOTHING in this area, not even a flurry.

Then the kids had Mon and Tues off...now tomorrow we have a 3 hour early release for "winter weather".

It's the end of the quarter and there is sooooooo much to be done. This is so frustrating!!
The local new station announced Tuesday would be a make-up day. Apparently they were the only one who knew that except for one poor bastard my wife saw standing outside in front of the school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I need to move down there. that's hilarious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Oh absolutely, if they can't deal with any snow at all or any amount of icing, then no they shouldn't endanger the kids. It's just funny to me that if they drove into Ohio/Indiana/Kentucky where it ices and snows a lot more, the situation is handles much differently. There's still idiots on the road, though.
I tell you what is hilarious is how those who live in the snow belt seem to forget that it snows. When the first snow of the season hits we get all the video footage of multi-veheicle pile ups, in ditches, or whatever, because somehow in the span of about 6 months people forgot how to drive in the snow up north, midwest, & northern plains.
And trust me I am laughing my ass off, it's like living in WV and driving off a cliff because you forgot the roads were curvy.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:54 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,078,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
The local new station announced Tuesday would be a make-up day. Apparently they were the only one who knew that except for one poor bastard my wife saw standing outside in front of the school.
Did you all have a no-school day on Friday because of the weather?

We haven't had to make a day up because we haven't been closed yet.
We'd lose a day off spring break.

The year-round schools do their make-up days on Saturdays
No thanks!

Old 01-24-2013, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Did you all have a no-school day on Friday because of the weather?

We haven't had to make a day up because we haven't been closed yet.
We'd lose a day off spring break.

The year-round schools do their make-up days on Saturdays
No thanks!
Correct, and it was called on Thurs.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Correct, and it was called on Thurs.
We just had a 2 hour delay. But we didn't even need that.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:07 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,780,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post

@Bio Boosting self esteem... Riiigggggt.
Haha oh believe me it was innocent. I don't think I would date this girl even if I was single. She seriously has issues. She runs 5 miles every morning before work because she thinks she is fat. I swear the girl is like 120 pounds Her self image is all screwed up.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:09 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times
Quote:

I tell you what is hilarious is how those who live in the snow belt seem to forget that it snows. When the first snow of the season hits we get all the video footage of multi-veheicle pile ups, in ditches, or whatever, because somehow in the span of about 6 months people forgot how to drive in the snow up north, midwest, & northern plains.
And trust me I am laughing my ass off, it's like living in WV and driving off a cliff because you forgot the roads were curvy.
Oh yeah. you should have saw what happened On Tuesday this week, had a HUGE pile up because there was some ice on the road and people just kept driving 70 on the interstate, and it DIDN'T stop those who saw what was happening and slow down to help prevent any more wrecks. No they just kept going like a bunch of idiots and they helped make it worse.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
And to my anonymous repper : I'm very aware of the behavior of the married men in this discussion thread. Believe me.
Obviously the booger eater failed to see your six stars over to the right.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:12 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,007,888 times
We're in the 70s here with clear skies.

But if there's a chance of a raindrop in temps below 32, the city shuts down. We can't drive in good weather.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:13 PM

Quote:
We just had a 2 hour delay. But we didn't even need that.
I would hate to be in the school official's position- damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
I would hate to be in the school official's position- damned if they do and damned if they don't.
Yup, pretty much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships