Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 12:03 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I would date men that I didn't really have any spark with. I would pay my own way and call them friends. You can never have too many friends and they could lead you to your soul mate.
The guy I like I am going to ask him over to watch movies. I do like him and maybe in time it will become more but he's such a great guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 10:23 PM

54 posts, read 118,866 times
Ever think that you are too negative? That can be a huge turnoff for men! Men are simple, do they think being with you is going to make their life better? Yeah!! Date!! If being with you is a possitive/fun aspect they will date you! Yippie! If they think it's gonna be work/boring/negative/drama...not gonna happen! NEXT! Woman need to know that men are simplistic. Good is good...bad is bad!!! If you are WAITING for a call,,,,,you are losing good pool time!! This day and age with text and everyone has a phone on their hip, if you don't get something within the week.....then it's a weak connectioin!! Buck up and move on!! ............HAVE FUN...THIS IS YOUR ONLY LIFE!!

Old 09-15-2012, 10:26 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
And once again, men do not care what kind of attitude you have, if you look good enough.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:42 PM

54 posts, read 118,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
And once again, men do not care what kind of attitude you have, if you look good enough.
Sorry for the shallow men that you talk about! ...If SOMEONE (male/female) are only interested in the outer beauty...you can bet your last dollar that there will never be a "relationship".....BTW I see a lot of less then model woman/men in happy relationships!! It has to do a lot more with perspective and the mirror you show the world,,,not the mirror you look into! Happy Hunting!!

Old 09-16-2012, 10:23 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grape-juliet View Post
Sorry for the shallow men that you talk about! ...If SOMEONE (male/female) are only interested in the outer beauty...you can bet your last dollar that there will never be a "relationship".....BTW I see a lot of less then model woman/men in happy relationships!! It has to do a lot more with perspective and the mirror you show the world,,,not the mirror you look into! Happy Hunting!!

that's funny because they seem to fawn all over very attractive women on a regular basis and even marry them, if they're 'lucky' enough....

Old 09-17-2012, 02:58 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,198,499 times
It's no ones place to tell someone whether or not they should "give up" on dating

Old 09-17-2012, 03:20 PM

864 posts, read 1,454,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grape-juliet View Post
If SOMEONE (male/female) are only interested in the outer beauty...you can bet your last dollar that there will never be a "relationship".....
Amen, Amen and Amen again! Guys who (when they barely know me) go on and on and on about how attractive they think I am are the ones that make me go "bleh." They typically have zero substance, or zero confidence, because in either case, they are under the delusion that every woman is going to melt when you flatter and compliment her over and over. WRONG.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:48 AM

11,368 posts, read 9,280,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitopcat View Post
Sorry, I see more, "I don't date single dads/moms" more than not. Actually, I can't recall any post saying they would definitely be interested, or at least on the fence.

If I see it enough, it must be true.
I would date a single mom.

Like anyone else it would depend. However I am a drama free zone and I intend to keep it that way.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:55 AM

11,368 posts, read 9,280,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
My issue is how to meet someone. I refuse the whole fake online dating. Trying to make idle chit chat has never been a forte of mine. I would rather be in Gitmo. Not into going to bars...the last thing I need is an alcoholic. Which leaves? What? Anyone? I work full time, work out every day, I did meet a guy doing volunteer work...but we are not serious, nor will we ever be. So?
Not everyone that goes to a bar or nightclub is an alcoholic.

I go to a nightclub once in a while to see live music and I hardly ever drink.

I agree with you as far as online dating.

As far as "which leaves?" - it's very difficult. When you are older it gets even worse...

Old 09-18-2012, 10:17 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,895,126 times
Placing too much focus on a man. Do the things you enjoy and keep your eyes open and let the interest be mutual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships