Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2012, 01:52 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times

Advertisements

xxbabe your boobs and your looks are lookin' great. But.....what kind of guys do you wish would approach you explain?

Old 09-04-2012, 02:02 PM

11,221 posts, read 8,291,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post

By the way, I wear no make up and am just a friendly out going woman. I can be heavy or light and the same amount of people approach me. I don't think that makes as much of a difference.
I think this is the most telling comment in this discussion. You base who you are on your friendly and outgoing personality, and that is what people react to. You are "you". If someone bases who they are on something as trivial (to me anyway) as looks, or god forbid the latitudinal coordinates of their fake nipples, then OF COURSE their appearance is going to effect who approaches them and who does not.

Again, I don't mean to sound as insulting as this must sound. I've learned that different things are important to different people, and I am not one to judge. But I would damn sure rather wake up next to the non-make-up-wearing, friendly, wants-to-do-the-same-things-as-me woman every time.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:28 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,673,832 times
By thicker maybe you mean fatter. Its less likely a fat woman turns you down especially if you offer to buy her dinner. She is probably hungry all the time.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:38 PM

3,636 posts, read 3,423,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
he said he thought it was because they thought I was easier to get and his comment wounded my ego pretty badly.
It should not. The comment was about them and not you. If people have a low opinion of themselves they are likely to not target people who they see as "out of their league". Society and our media pump the notion at us every day that slimmer is more in demand and if they have a low opinion of themselves they feel they will not compete with that demand and so do not try.

If they are that ignorant, fickle and superficial then they are not people you want approaching you anyway so consider yourself lucky.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:41 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I think this is the most telling comment in this discussion. You base who you are on your friendly and outgoing personality, and that is what people react to. You are "you". If someone bases who they are on something as trivial (to me anyway) as looks, or god forbid the latitudinal coordinates of their fake nipples, then OF COURSE their appearance is going to effect who approaches them and who does not.

Again, I don't mean to sound as insulting as this must sound. I've learned that different things are important to different people, and I am not one to judge. But I would damn sure rather wake up next to the non-make-up-wearing, friendly, wants-to-do-the-same-things-as-me woman every time.
So you would more inclined to bypass a makeup wearing, friendly, wants to do the same things as me woman because she likes to dress up and wear makeup?

Off topic...but just because a woman puts an effort into her appearance that doesn't mean that's all she finds important in life. I feel as if so many on here are all or nothing and as soon as someone cares about their appearance they have low self esteem or an ego problem.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:47 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,194,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
So you would more inclined to bypass a makeup wearing, friendly, wants to do the same things as me woman because she likes to dress up and wear makeup?

Off topic...but just because a woman puts an effort into her appearance that doesn't mean that's all she finds important in life. I feel as if so many on here are all or nothing and as soon as someone cares about their appearance they have low self esteem or an ego problem.
It's a matter of degree, which I explained up-thread. Style your hair, wear make-up, work out, good. Extreme modification and fake everything, not good.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:49 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post

Maybe it is his preference.

He was quoting me, and I do not wear make-up. I don't think this makes it so that I do not put effort into my appearance. I don't look like some ass who rolled out of bed and walked out the door.

Just so happens that for my hair, all I do is brush it. I go to bed with it wet the night before, and I don't think it looks terrible.

I also think I look fine without make-up and when I put some mascara on just to see how it looked, I couldn't get it off fast enough.

Because people don't wear make-up does not mean they do not put effort into their appearance.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:00 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
Well maybe I didn't try very hard today.... My hair is up in a clip and my face isn't quite clean. I think I feel a little flour on my cheek where I touched my face. I am wearing a black apron tied tight.

I'll get the same sweet smile I always do when he walks through the door in a while. I suppose that's what really matters...

Old 09-04-2012, 03:19 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
It's a matter of degree, which I explained up-thread. Style your hair, wear make-up, work out, good. Extreme modification and fake everything, not good.
I don't think the OP looks fake nor does she appear to look like she's had extreme modification. She increased her boob size which looks large for her frame, but do not look fake (for years my body resembled hers without implants.) Her face does not appear taught from botox or fillers...it looks natural.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Maybe it is his preference.

He was quoting me, and I do not wear make-up. I don't think this makes it so that I do not put effort into my appearance. I don't look like some ass who rolled out of bed and walked out the door.

Just so happens that for my hair, all I do is brush it. I go to bed with it wet the night before, and I don't think it looks terrible.

I also think I look fine without make-up and when I put some mascara on just to see how it looked, I couldn't get it off fast enough.

Because people don't wear make-up does not mean they do not put effort into their appearance.

My response to the previous poster wasn't a slight against you, nor did I mean to imply that those who don't wear makeup do not put an effort into their appearance.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:20 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,194,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
My hobby is finding ways to make myself look better.
That right there is the problem. Can't get any more clear of an example. It's going to bore all but the most one-dimensional of men, and most likely turn off men who have a lot going for them. They're going to want more than a woman whose pastime is herself. It's entirely too self-absorbed.

It's an easy turn-off to walk away from, actually, because they'll figure, "She won't notice. She's in love with herself enough for both of us."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships