Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 06:25 AM

496 posts, read 941,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I've got an idea for your next "job" for the bar adventure, why don't you tell them you are a "Professional Beggar" because you don't really like to do actual work for actual pay. Then you can discuss all the responses you go from your thread titled:

" Begging - is it an acceptable form of work? ".

Don't forget to list all of your reasons why begging IS an actual form of work and is acceptable. That should do the trick much quicker than being a silly old record producer.
HAHAHA Love this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 06:36 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon;25967829[B
]How about not sleeping with random men? [/b]

What do you expect when you sleep with someone who you just met? Do you think you will get to know someone over a drink in a bar. Why does it matter for you if he is a sales assistant at KFC or a magazine editor? The only thing that matters is how he makes you feel at the moment.

However in long term relationships, then lying is a big no no.

Oh now heck, there is nothing wrong with sleeping with random men, the problem occurs when you have sex with all those random men you have decided to sleep with.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:52 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,072,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Oh now heck, there is nothing wrong with sleeping with random men, the problem occurs when you have sex with all those random men you have decided to sleep with.
I don't know where you live, but among my friends when people say "did you sleep with him", they really mean "did you have sex with him".

Old 09-06-2012, 06:58 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I remember reading a guy's story about how he tried to talk to this super hot girl at a bar and got rejected hard. Then his friend told her he was the starting TE for the close-by D1 school and within an hour, they were at her place bangin' it out.

So, yeah it works.

No, it isn't cool, but

if a woman is going to be so shallow and pathetic, then I don't feel bad for her.
This is how I feel.

Is it wrong to lie, in this way? Yes, definitely.

Do the women deserve sympathy, when they sleep with a guy because of his lie? No. I actually think it is hilarious.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:52 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
but if a girl says that she loves me in order to get me to perform, then what is the difference with me making up a little white lie about my job?

hell, she enjoyed sleeping with the 'astronaut / record producer the other night' - so that's not really going to change once she finds out I'm really a pizza delivery boy!

and well, yes - perhaps I am a sociopath - ha ha!
If you have to lie to women because your reality would not interest them, how often does this really happen? Have you had a lot of women tell you that they love you? You make it sound like these are the same women--ohh, they love you because they think you are an astronaut? Are they drunk at the time?

Liars are lame. Are the chicks sleeping with you shallow and dumb? Maybe, but that doesn't make lying less lame.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:59 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,469,507 times
I think it's wrong to lie, and better to act with integrity. Have you been watching reruns of "How I Met Your Mother" by chance? You sound like the Barney Stinson character.

Anyway, OP, by your logic would you be perfectly okay with it if I lied to you to defraud you of your money (assuming you have more than enough for lunch)? I can assure you that you'd think if was worthwhile, and later have an interesting story to tell about the experience, so just think of your dearly departed money as an entertainment fee.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:07 AM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
This is one of the many reasons I have trust issues with men.

Trust no one. They're probably lying to use you.
I haven't gotten that far, but I do know you should avoid the ones who say theyre "just being honest" or they are honest to a fault.

It's hurtful and it sucks when you find out how they really operate, and that you got sucked in.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:10 AM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
This is how I feel.

Is it wrong to lie, in this way? Yes, definitely.

Do the women deserve sympathy, when they sleep with a guy because of his lie? No. I actually think it is hilarious.
That's usually a couple who deserves each other.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:11 AM

1,344 posts, read 4,764,116 times
Not that I've lied about my occupation to get a girl in bed, but, isn't it just as unfair for a woman to have plastic surgery, wear hair extensions, body slimming clothes and under garments to get some that night? Where's the integrity in that.

Women place more value on a guys occupation, where as men place more value on her looks.

I don't fault a guy for lying to get a girl in bed that night. If the girl falls for it, shame on her. Just like a guy falling for a girl with fake everything.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:15 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,671,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Of course it's not ok. I can't believe anyone would even have to ask this question. It is not ok to lie. It is not ok to deceive. It it's not ok to think that people are so unimportant that you need not show them the fundamental respect of honesty. It diminishes everyone involved and the liar most of all.
I agree. The OP's lack of human decency and cavalier attitude about lying to women is disturbing. I feel saddened by his post and am so thankful for all the good men of the world who don't deceive people to get their way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships